Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barry were to somehow get bail, highly doubtful, but if....then absconded....seems to me his lawyers would then be off the hook. They already have his money. And likely won't be giving any of it back.

I 100% agree with you. I don't believe his attorneys are helping hide his face so he can run in the unlikely chance that he gets bail. That might be BMs thinking tho. They might be helping him for when the trial is over and he is found not guilty or they get his charges dismissed. They are not expecting him to be found guilty, so I imagine at some point, they anticipate he will be released and would want him to be able to move forward in his innocent life without constantly being recognized as the man who was accused of killing his wife. Jmo

other women may come forward whether there was abuse or not. If Barry was involved to any degree with another woman....that woman would likely want her name cleared...rather than waiting on LE to find her.
I wonder how many, if any aliases he had or used for any purposes, business or nefarious or both?
From the outset I've had the sense that he had help. I'm not sure whether that 'help' was in the form of advice or something else?
Did anybody else get a sense of that?
I know we talked about it briefly in the past, I can't remember what if anything we concluded.
@MassGuy , do you remember?

I wonder how many, if any aliases he had or used for any purposes, business or nefarious or both?
From the outset I've had the sense that he had help. I'm not sure whether that 'help' was in the form of advice or something else?
I know we talked about it briefly in the past, I can't remember what if anything we concluded.
I think he may have had some help after the fact, perhaps somewhat unwillingly.

From Andy’s appearance on Dr. Phil, I got the impression that Barry was in a frenzy that Sunday morning. If so, he may have solicited help, as he wasn’t exactly sure what he was going to do.

From Andy’s appearance on Dr. Phil, I got the impression that Barry was in a frenzy that Sunday morning. If so, he may have solicited help, as he wasn’t exactly sure what he was going to do.
if that is the case, then that would open the door for additional arrests...even though the sheriff said that no other suspects were being sought. The alternative would be that someone flipped to save their own hide....and won't be prosecuted.

Last edited:
If Barry were to somehow get bail, highly doubtful, but if....then absconded....seems to me his lawyers would then be off the hook. They already have his money. And likely won't be giving any of it back.
From my personal knowledge, a retainer would be held in the law firm's trust account and attorney hours and expenses would be billed against it on a regular basis. If BM hoped to get bail he would have to hold onto a very large amount of cash, so the original retainer might have been as low as $75,000.00. With the whole firm billing for several weeks, they have probably burned through the initial retainer and more money has been paid into the account.

One of my questions is, will BM have enough money to pay for secured bail (cash or insured by a bondsman) in a million dollar plus amount at the end of the preliminary hearing?

But any money held in trust in excess of the amount legitimately billed would have to be returned to the client at the end of the engagement.

So to respond to your post, if BM bailed and absconded, E&N could get a termination letter from Costa Rica, with an account number to transfer the residue of the trust account.

if that is the case, then that would open the door for additional arrests...even though the sheriff said that no other suspects were being sought.
Anyone who helped him may not have known what they were helping with, if so, that wouldn’t be a crime.

If anyone helping him did know what they were helping with (to an extent), I’m sure the DA wouldn’t file charges provided they cooperate.

Last edited:
If the tampering with evidence charge covers the period between May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021...that is about 10 months. It would be interesting to know the extent and various episodes of tampering for which he is being charged. What happened on March 4th of this year for example?

What I remember hearing is IE saying the WITNESS was crucial, not the recordings on the spy pen themselves. I inferred from her comments that the FBI used the spy pen recordings to refresh the witness's recollection about something crucial, and that IE needed the enhanced recording or the enhancement technology the FBI used, to know precisely what was said on the recordings so that she could cross examine this crucial witness.

That being my understanding and inference, I am not as sure as other posters that the crucial witness was BM.

Do you think he received advice to remain quiet, to refrain from public appeals etc?
Why did he choose that path?
Apart from the obvious reasons, of course..
I was wondering way back when whether he was a member of a 'fraternity' of sorts, just a vibe I got , zero facts. I just had a sense that people were protecting him. I wonder are they still?

What I remember hearing is IE saying the WITNESS was crucial, not the recordings on the spy pen themselves. I inferred from her comments that the FBI used the spy pen recordings to refresh the witness's recollection about something crucial, and that IE needed the enhanced recording or the enhancement technology the FBI used, to know precisely what was said on the recordings so that she could cross examine this crucial witness.

That being my understanding and inference, I am not as sure as other posters that the crucial witness was BM.
My recollection differs: I heard ... consequential witness and the recording critical to the case.

Do you think he received advice to remain quiet, to refrain from public appeals etc?
I was wondering way back when whether he was a member of a 'fraternity' of sorts, just a vibe I got , zero facts. I just had a sense that people were protecting him. I wonder are they still?
Right off the bat he decided that he was going to be quiet. I’ve always believed that’s because he was caught in a lie right away, and he knew it was a bad idea to repeat that lie and take questions from the media that he was not prepared to answer.

I think he was prodded by his nephew to do something, which is the only reason we even got that bizarre video.

I’m sure he’s got friends that are still on his side, but no one can protect him now.

Andy wasn't there on Sunday, so who did he get the impressions from? I didn't watch NG or Dr. Phil so sorry if I missed the person that informed Andy....or was he "going from" whatever he heard from MG?

I would be shocked beyond belief if Barry took the stand. But this case....this case is alittle wild.

I agree with you about the "consequential witness" (interviewed on April 26) not being Barry. Everyone was mistaken if they referred to the defendant in a criminal case as a "witness." Barry is not going to be on the witness list, IMO. Further, I would bet donuts that they played the spy pen contents as part of the 26 exhibits shown to Barry on April 5. Why would they not?

I think the "consequential witness" is someone who had not been as forthcoming with LE as they hoped, and that the pen contained information that they could not deny or explain away - so that they had to change their story.

I'm guessing BM had to change his story on April 5, as well.

IMO.

I've never had the impression that he had any help.
I suspect he took advantage of folks without their knowledge of what he was actually doing, but never had willing help, with any of this.

jmo

I agree with you about the "consequential witness" (interviewed on April 26) not being Barry. Everyone was mistaken if they referred to the defendant in a criminal case as a "witness." Barry is not going to be on the witness list, IMO. Further, I would bet donuts that they played the spy pen contents as part of the 26 exhibits shown to Barry on April 5. Why would they not?

I think the "consequential witness" is someone who had not been as forthcoming with LE as they hoped, and that the pen contained information that they could not deny or explain away - so that they had to change their story.

I'm guessing BM had to change his story on April 5, as well.

IMO.
And they couldn't have gone through the entire contents of the house and stumbled on a secret pen with recordings. Who told them about the pen or what was the reason they found it? It's a spy pen, spy is right in the title... I am sure it isn't obviously a recording device. I mean LE didn't scoop everything up and try clicking every pen from her desk. Someone either told LE about this, or this was part of some collection of property; perhaps in a safe deposit box or something of that sort. Something made it stick out.

The story is much deeper than we know yet.

If the tampering with evidence charge covers the period between May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021...that is about 10 months. It would be interesting to know the extent and various episodes of tampering for which he is being charged. What happened on March 4th of this year for example?
The home on Puma Path was sold on March 3rd of this year.

At 3:13

Attachments

• 5D7EF695-3DA0-48CA-AFD2-420BCBC8A860.jpeg
    5D7EF695-3DA0-48CA-AFD2-420BCBC8A860.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 23
If Barry was staying with GD immediately after the house was locked down....wouldn't those conversations be quite interesting? Was it not mentioned that he was constantly looking out the window?
I would be shocked beyond belief if Barry took the stand. But this case....this case is alittle wild.
Slim to none chance Barry testifies.....and Slim is on a sabattical. His lawyers are going to go after LE witnesses...maybe even have their own "experts" explain away data and technical evidence which is detrimental to their case. Will they build a straw man abductor? Very possible.

From my personal knowledge, a retainer would be held in the law firm's trust account and attorney hours and expenses would be billed against it on a regular basis. If BM hoped to get bail he would have to hold onto a very large amount of cash, so the original retainer might have been as low as $75,000.00. With the whole firm billing for several weeks, they have probably burned through the initial retainer and more money has been paid into the account.

One of my questions is, will BM have enough money to pay for secured bail (cash or insured by a bondsman) in a million dollar plus amount at the end of the preliminary hearing?

But any money held in trust in excess of the amount legitimately billed would have to be returned to the client at the end of the engagement.

So to respond to your post, if BM bailed and absconded, E&N could get a termination letter from Costa Rica, with an account number to transfer the residue of the trust account.

I believe it would be illegal for them to do so, so hopefully the two of them are familiar with defending themselves against possible criminal proceedings. And it would be SO easy to figure out, because any money left over in that account is subject to various legal claims (including claims from the daughters in future). While Barry once had full control of his wife's money, if he skips on bail, he loses that control. If the lawyers spend all of it (which they will, IMO), they get to keep it. But if they don't, Barry doesn't get it - victims of his crimes will get it.

Or any creditors. A lawyer who facilitated Barry's escape to Costa Rica by illegally forwarding funds to him would be in very hot water indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024