Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony, right? If he had tended to his Bible the way he would like everyone to believe he did/does, he wouldn’t be in this mess. Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not bear false witness. I mean, seriously, one learns this in Sunday School. One also learns that without repentance, there is no forgiveness. SO Barry, what’s the point of reading your Bible in jail unless you plan to admit what you’ve done? Do you honestly think that IF you could beat this murder charge God will forget what you’ve done and all the lies you’ve told in an attempt to profess your innocence when He knows you’re guilty as sin? I don’t know when, but it appears that at some point Barry totally derailed with respect to his beliefs. JMHO
Oh yes the irony....

Remember is famous words with all those religious overtones?

"Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy."

They received it -- just didn't like the format.

Just as they wanted the witness list and after they received it they wanted a different list (i.e., list in sequential order they will be called to testify).
So the prosecution is handing off the football to the defense...and the defense is purposely fumbling it? If they don't like the evidence then it sucks to be them....I have a feeling that they will kick that dead horse too often and get smacked down by the judge at some point.

They received it -- just didn't like the format.

Just as they wanted the witness list and after they received it they wanted a different list (i.e., list in sequential order they will be called to testify).
So the prosecution is handing off the football to the defense...and the defense is purposely fumbling it? If they don't like the evidence then it sucks to be them....I have a feeling that they will kick that dead horse too often and get smacked down by the judge at some point.
So if SO is going to be the first witness, one might think that SM confided in her for a long time and possibly even predicted her own murder and that sets the stage for everything that happened that weekend. Moo
Will be interesting to find out if this witness spoke directly to Barry before or after the fact.....

I have to say I think the defense strategy is weird. I've never seen people focus so much on getting bail for a client. Defense attorneys complain about bail and bond all the time - you are at the mercy of your judge. Some judges are more reasonable than others. But I really can't recall such a focus on getting bail. People usually accept they have their shot and then move on to focusing on the case.

Constantly bringing up tiny mistakes from the other side when you don't have a reasonable chance at bail because of the gravity of the charges seems a little unprofessional to me. I know they'd say they are just being aggressive but it seems inappropriate. These things are usually brought up as part of a suppression motion or a motion to exclude something.

I guess we'll see if it works for them.

I have to say I think the defense strategy is weird. I've never seen people focus so much on getting bail for a client. Defense attorneys complain about bail and bond all the time - you are at the mercy of your judge. Some judges are more reasonable than others. But I really can't recall such a focus on getting bail. People usually accept they have their shot and then move on to focusing on the case.

Constantly bringing up tiny mistakes from the other side when you don't have a reasonable chance at bail because of the gravity of the charges seems a little unprofessional to me. I know they'd say they are just being aggressive but it seems inappropriate. These things are usually brought up as part of a suppression motion or a motion to exclude something.

I guess we'll see if it works for them.

I suspect their client is not at all happy sitting in jail, and is pushing and pushing them to get him out. And is not happy when they tell him that it is not likely. "Try again, I can't sit in here any more".

I sometimes wonder if he would end his own life, rather than face trial and sit in prison forever. Doing that would be the ultimate control over his own destiny, for a said-to-be very controlling man who feels desperate.

Last edited:
I suspect their client is not at all happy sitting in jail, and is pushing and pushing them to get him out. And is not happy when they tell him that it is not likely. "Try again, I can't sit in here any more".

I sometimes wonder if he would end his own life, rather than face trial and sit in prison forever. Doing that would be the ultimate control over his own destiny, for a said-to-be very controlling man who feels desperate.

I am not sure how Ariel Castro, who kept those three young ladies as prisoners, committed suicide in prison. So I hope they keep special watch on BM.

I wonder if he feels it was all worth it now as time is ticking down on him. His arrogance got him there and I hope there is enough evidence to keep him there.

Suzanne..we are with you and your family.

I understand the anger at BM....and the desire that he spend every last dime of his money on his defense....ill-gotten as it may be... I have felt that way too. Then I thought about Suzanne...and how much she loved her daughters. I really think it would be her last wish that her daughters be provided for...especially her own inheritance. For that reason..I hope there's a way for those daughters to acquire as much of the family's resources as possible...and for that reason alone. I don't think there was anything more important in her life than her daughters, their welfare and their future.

That’s been my biggest question since very early on, and we’re only days away from finally having an answer. Why did law enforcement seal off the house so quickly, call in the FBI and CBI, and not behave as if this was an abduction?

Something massive had to be guiding their hand, and SO being the reason behind that is my favorite theory as well.

I think Suzanne shared powerful information with SO in the days leading up to this, to include the very day she was murdered. If it’s true that she was to be involved in the virtual wedding and didn’t show, then it stands to reason alarm bells were going off.

It’s possible the alarm sounded even before that, as we’ve heard that Suzanne’s communications may have ceased the previous evening.

I love it when diabolical plots collapse at the most inopportune moments.

Who/what is SO?

It is quite possible that this friend made contact with LE on Saturday, not Sunday. That would explain the very quick LE intervention, if accurate.

This friend must have tried to get hold of both the girls and BM when she could not get hold of Suzanne. I wonder if BM was spooked by this and altered his plans/alibi when he knew how quickly someone had missed Suzanne and was worried about her.
I wonder if BM responded to any message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori