Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her story is likely one of the only to not change or seem suspicious. She didn't live close by and has no reason to lie, she also wouldn't be in a position to be manipulated by Barry either.
Hmm, who do you think might change their story? Who else has a reason to lie? I'm seriously asking, I can't think of anyone who might fit that description at the moment.

Hmm, who do you think might change their story? Who else has a reason to lie? I'm seriously asking, I can't think of anyone who might fit that description at the moment.

And this is why you won't see trial witnesses testify at the preliminary. Witnesses interviewed or deposed will have their testimony delivered at the preliminary by the detective that interviewed them. The detective will be giving their official, first-hand account. The witness will avoid being cross-examined by BM's legal team and have no opportunity for them to be intimidated and want to avoid the trial or change their mind and/or testimony. MOO

Is it possible that the spy pen could have been hidden under the concrete at the River place?

Maybe he found it and figured no one would ever find it there. I just think there must have been something there because of all the digging up the concrete. Maybe we will be surprised at what they found.

I will admit that I have had doubts in this matter...the evidence possibly being too circumstantial for one, along with it being a no body case and the lengthy AA and abundance of evidence produced to the defense- is it up to 3 terabytes?? When I was delivered 30 plus banker boxes (back in the day before ediscovery) in a small matter I knew they were trying to bury me. But my optimistic side is hoping the arrest wasn't made prematurely, just because BM was preparing to leave the condo after packing up, and that the evidence will be enough for the jury to convict. But we have to get through the prelim. Waiting for Monday... #JusticeForSuzanne
Don’t worry. They’ve got this.

[SIZE=5 said:

The defendant and his criminal defense attorney are present at the preliminary hearing. However, the Colorado DA cannot call the defendant to testify. The defendant may have access to limited discovery evidence before the preliminary hearing, to prepare their case. The defendant also has the right to cross-examine the witnesses called, and introduce evidence on behalf of the defense.

"Preliminary Hearings" In Colorado Felony Criminal Court Cases[/SIZE]

Does the defendant himself do this or via his lawyer? I appreciate the post as I’m learning a lot. Praying for justice.

And this is why you won't see trial witnesses testify at the preliminary. Witnesses interviewed or deposed will have their testimony delivered at the preliminary by the detective that interviewed them. The detective will be giving their official, first-hand account. The witness will avoid being cross-examined by BM's legal team and have no opportunity for them to be intimidated and want to avoid the trial or change their mind and/or testimony. MOO
This is why we really appreciate you on this thread (and all the threads).

His attorneys were complaining that in jail even every bible verse he reads is monitored
The irony, right? If he had tended to his Bible the way he would like everyone to believe he did/does, he wouldn’t be in this mess. Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not bear false witness. I mean, seriously, one learns this in Sunday School. One also learns that without repentance, there is no forgiveness. SO Barry, what’s the point of reading your Bible in jail unless you plan to admit what you’ve done? Do you honestly think that IF you could beat this murder charge God will forget what you’ve done and all the lies you’ve told in an attempt to profess your innocence when He knows you’re guilty as sin? I don’t know when, but it appears that at some point Barry totally derailed with respect to his beliefs. JMHO

As to four days, I think we also have to consider that the defense started making noise immediately how they wanted equal time to cross the witnesses and may even call their own witnesses (but won't give the State their witness list).
Well if that doesn't take the cake. I remember that and it irritated me then too. What ever happened to that goose/gander thing? Grrrr..

Does the defendant himself do this or via his lawyer? I appreciate the post as I’m learning a lot. Praying for justice.
Yes. Barry’s attorneys will cross examine any witnesses the prosecution calls. They can also call their own witnesses, but I actually don’t expect that to happen.

That’s been my biggest question since very early on, and we’re only days away from finally having an answer. Why did law enforcement seal off the house so quickly, call in the FBI and CBI, and not behave as if this was an abduction?

Something massive had to be guiding their hand, and SO being the reason behind that is my favorite theory as well.

I think Suzanne shared powerful information with SO in the days leading up to this, to include the very day she was murdered. If it’s true that she was to be involved in the virtual wedding and didn’t show, then it stands to reason alarm bells were going off.

It’s possible the alarm sounded even before that, as we’ve heard that Suzanne’s communications may have ceased the previous evening.

I love it when diabolical plots collapse at the most inopportune moments.
Barry murdering Suzanne, his wife, mother of his children, is the worst. But also, he did this on the eve of her best friend’s daughter’s wedding. What should have been the most joyful occasion was forever changed. Instead of being present in the day, her best friend had to think and worry about Suzanne. Instead of celebrating the marriage, she had to work with law enforcement and consider what might have happened to Suzanne. Instead of being the best day, it may have been a worst day too. That’s terrible.

The irony, right? If he had tended to his Bible the way he would like everyone to believe he did/does, he wouldn’t be in this mess. Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not bear false witness. I mean, seriously, one learns this in Sunday School. One also learns that without repentance, there is no forgiveness. SO Barry, what’s the point of reading your Bible in jail unless you plan to admit what you’ve done? Do you honestly think that IF you could beat this murder charge God will forget what you’ve done and all the lies you’ve told in an attempt to profess your innocence when He knows you’re guilty as sin? I don’t know when, but it appears that at some point Barry totally derailed with respect to his beliefs. JMHO
I doubt they ever were his beliefs. Didn't one of his workers, can't think of her name at the moment, say just that? MG comes to mind, what's left of it. He's a FAKE. Everything about him is fake and he's always used his ploy to his advantage.
IMFO (foremost) :D

Barry murdering Suzanne, his wife, mother of his children, is the worst. But also, he did this on the eve of her best friend’s daughter’s wedding. What should have been the most joyful occasion was forever changed. Instead of being present in the day, her best friend had to think and worry about Suzanne. Instead of celebrating the marriage, she had to work with law enforcement and consider what might have happened to Suzanne. Instead of being the best day, it may have been a worst day too. That’s terrible.

I think it is pretty bad that this happened on Mothers Day. Mothers Day will be a sad day for all of Suzanne's loved ones for many years to come.
When everyone is wishing their mum a Happy Mothers Day, the daughters/siblings/dearest friends will all be quietly thinking 'this is the day that Suzanne was murdered'.

I think you should make the run to Salida @marylamby! 27 hours is nothing for a sport like you. :D
Can't you just see me at the Fairground? Trying my damnedest to keep my mouth shut? I can, hehehe.
Anyone from the northeast want to take a ride? My almost 2 year old car can use the miles. I've got roadside and everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot