Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surveillance, and a download of Suzanne’s best friend’s phone will be presented at this hearing. I’m not going to use her name.

Fully expected her to play a large role, and that was confirmed.

Text messages between Suzanne and SO are in the affidavit.

Altho though the defense doesn't expect to see all the prosecution's cards, (yet they want to see the order the witnesses are in) it gives the defense a preview of how strong the prosecution's evidence is, how persuasive the prosecution's witnesses are, and how believable those witnesses are...

Barry must love these women!!

So they thought they could simply make allegations to the court about the prosecutor's latest discovery dump (ordered July 22) that would result in getting BM released from jail on bond today!

Judge Murphy didn't even qualify that request but nice try!

Ok, might as well make it official so I can stop going back and forth on this like I have been. I booked a room in Salida for 2 nights with the hope of being able to attend. It's a gamble, but I will try my best to make it in. If I do, great. If not, I put my best foot forward.

For those who missed it, here’s a recap.

Defense had another 3 terabytes delivered to them recently, and they have complaints that will require a hearing. It got scary for a moment, as they had the ability to push the preliminary months to the right. After consulting with Barry, it was decided that the hearing will take place AFTER the preliminary.

The defense also complained that the evidence the prosecution said they would present at the prelim, would take weeks to present. Judge responded that this is getting done in 4 days no matter what, and requested a good faith list of witnesses from the prosecution. He will not hold them to it if they go out of order.

From the beginning, many of us believed that Suzanne’s best friend, the one whose daughter was getting married, would play a key role.

That was confirmed, as law enforcement downloaded her phone, and plans to admit text messages between Suzanne and her at the prelim. This information is also included in the sealed AA (screenshots probably).

It sounds like there will also be a great deal of video evidence, to include surveillance footage presented at this thing.

One other takeaway is the massive amount of evidence here. I was blown away by the fact that discovery included a full terabyte of data. Stunningly, the true amount may be much greater (3 additional terabytes were delivered).

Is it Monday yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads