Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
Judge Patrick Murphy called this emergency hearing. There is a motion on discovery and the Judge wants to know if the defense wants to address it before or after the preliminary hearing. #BarryMorphew attorneys are speaking with him now about it.

12:50 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
Judge Murphy said he doesn't have room in his schedule until November. Iris Eytan says "the prosection has backed us into this corner to make this decision. As Mr. Morphew sits in jail. Our request is for there to be a bond."

12:55 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
9 witnesses and 450 exhibits is expected to be presented at the preliminary hearing, according to Iris Eytan.

12:57 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
The judge said a thousand pages of discovery has been dumped in the last few weeks alone. He can't tell if the prosecutions discovery is on going investigation or before June 2. He wants the preliminary hearing to only last 4 days.

1:01 PM · Aug 6, 2021·

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
#BarryMorphew attorney is asking the judge to require the prosecution to give them a list and ORDER of the 9 witnesses who will take the stand during the preliminary hearing. The state says no they don't have to give them the order. There is one name on the list twice.

1:02 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
The judge wants to know how long each witness will take just to help him out with timing. However, if the state wants to switch the order it is ok.

1:04 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
An exhibit during the preliminary hearing will be text messages between Suzanne Morphew and Shelia Oliver (friend).

1:08 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
The preliminary hearing is still on for 8 a.m. SHARP Monday morning. 8 witnesses will be called, and 450 exhibits shown/spoken about. I plan on being there to report on
@FOX21News
and follow my tweets for LIVE reports.

1:11 PM · Aug 6, 2021·

I've said a few times...how would he "know" what she was wearing if in theory he left her sleeping? I did agree with the store manager and think it odd he didn't give her height or hair color. But he would know if she typically wore bikers clothing and would know the color of her helmet but who knows what state of mind he was in at that time.
She would wear 'bikers clothing' on a Sunday bike ride through the neighborhood?
I think she could wear any kind of comfortable pants and layered shirts.

It is going to be a long weekend for all of us hoping the fancy lawyers do not find another way of delaying proceedings.
They had their opportunity today, as it was up to them if this thing was held on Monday, or just before the end of the year.

They opted for the former, so any delay won’t be coming from them. It’s happening!

I think that if this was up to the defense, they would be more than happy to push the preliminary hearing.

Ultimately, this is Barry’s decision. I have little doubt that he truly believes this hearing is going to go well for him, and he’ll be free on bond in no time.

This man attempted to vote for his dead wife, while knowing he was under investigation for murder. Not only that, but he justified it by basically saying “everyone is doing it.”

He’s not living in the same reality as the rest of us, and it shows.

Narrator: “But the hearing did not go well for him. Not at all…”

The way I understood it, the Judge offered the defense a separate hearing on their evidentiary matter and their claim that Barry's constitutional rights are being violated. He said he'd need evidence and testimony.

It was that hearing that would have to wait until November, and no date proposed for the preliminary - so if they want that hearing before the preliminary, it seemed obvious to me that it wasn't going to be in December - the Judge will want his December to be normal.

It would be sometime after November, and at the earliest date for the Court's convenience after November. I'm guessing the Judge would feel just fine about having it in...February (and Eytan knew that, she knows they're annoying the Court).

So they somehow convinced Barry to stand down on his constitutional rights thing. Until after the preliminary (where the Judge offered the cogent reason that if it is true that BM's rights are being violated, they could address it during the prelim).

I think that if this was up to the defense, they would be more than happy to push the preliminary hearing.

Ultimately, this is Barry’s decision. I have little doubt that he truly believes this hearing is going to go well for him, and he’ll be free on bond in no time.

This man attempted to vote for his dead wife, while knowing he was under investigation for murder. Not only that, but he justified it by basically saying “everyone is doing it.”

I was just puzzling over that (not going well). I'm not really sure if today's drama achieved anything of significance at all. Did they honestly think there was a chance of bond?

The way I understood it, the Judge offered the defense a separate hearing on their evidentiary matter and their claim that Barry's constitutional rights are being violated. He said he'd need evidence and testimony.

It was that hearing that would have to wait until November, and no date proposed for the preliminary - so if they want that hearing before the preliminary, it seemed obvious to me that it wasn't going to be in December - the Judge will want his December to be normal.

It would be sometime after November, and at the earliest date for the Court's convenience after November. I'm guessing the Judge would feel just fine about having it in...February (and Eytan knew that, she knows they're annoying the Court).

So they somehow convinced Barry to stand down on his constitutional rights thing. Until after the preliminary (where the Judge offered the cogent reason that if it is true that BM's rights are being violated, they could address it during the prelim).
Thanks for summarizing I was losing sound off and I so was unclear which hearing would be November.

I totally agree. He truly thinks he will walk free after the prelim (and after all the "unconstitional" evidence is thrown out).

I can't even imagine working with him as his defense. "I didn't do it, I'm entirely innocent, the people at Apple put that evidence in the Cloud, Suzanne plotted to make me look guilty, SHE planted evidence before taking off for parts unknown, etc., etc." He's of no help at all to his defense in terms of knowing if there really is some hinky evidence amidst what is apparently now 8000-9000 pages.

The Judge did seem to think that some new evidence had come in (and he had reviewed it) within the past 2 weeks. I'm so impatient for Monday!

I was just puzzling over that (not going well). I'm not really sure if today's drama achieved anything of significance at all. Did they honestly think there was a chance of bond?
I think the purpose was to push sanctions, put the court on formal notice, put it out there they would go after attorney fees, slip in the Brady evidence mention, and continue to badger the prosecution. The judge is cool and very level headed and very fair to both sides in his own way with his little comments to each side.

I don’t believe for a second his attorneys believed their request for bond would be met.

They know this thing will play well in some circles, and I think it’s going to be a theme during trial: “Poor Barry is a victim of tunnel vision and an overzealous prosecution.”

Plus, it’s a good negotiating tactic. Set the bar high, knowing that you’ll wind up getting more concessions than if you set the bar lower.

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
#BarryMorphew attorney is asking the judge to require the prosecution to give them a list and ORDER of the 9 witnesses who will take the stand during the preliminary hearing. The state says no they don't have to give them the order. There is one name on the list twice.

1:02 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
The judge wants to know how long each witness will take just to help him out with timing. However, if the state wants to switch the order it is ok.

The defense really wants to know the witness order so they can prepare for each one easier. But the judge says he won't hold the state to the order they submit to him.

So I would hand the defense a witness list in random order----then put them on the stand in my preferred way. No reason to make it easier for them just because they are whining about it.

"Barry, Oh Barry" I think you're in biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trouble. Monday can't come soon enough.

It's not that I need to know the macabre, I just want the light shone on this dark soul and the truth of what happened to Suzanne to be known. I'm so sick of his smug, pretentious, unfeeling mug.

#Justice4Suzanne

I don’t believe for a second his attorneys believed their request for bond would be met.

They know this thing will play well in some circles, and I think it’s going to be a theme during trial: “Poor Barry is a victim of tunnel vision and an overzealous prosecution.”

Plus, it’s a good negotiating tactic. Set the bar high, knowing that you’ll wind up getting more concessions than if you set the bar lower.
ITA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member