Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #68 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mean to “like” your post but your point is just so important - DV victims suffer in silence many times - protecting their children, their home even their abuser. We only have her messages and we have to choose to either believe her or not. Personally - I believe her and if her youngest suggested a restraining order ? Well that seals it for me - I have zero doubt he victimized her in so many ways. jmo

Yeah. And just wait until we see the financials. Financial abuse can also be DV. MOO.

I’m still unclear if SM got a largess of liquid cash inheritance and poured into the PP marital asset or isolated it into a revocable trust with the daughters as beneficiaries (NOT BM) where SM could claw it back from the house purchase in the event of a divorce. The financials will be so important!

Okay the prelim is starting so back to lurking and watching the real-time posts!

I’m doing exactly what I get annoyed with other posters for doing.. popping into the middle of a thread asking a question that everybody knows the answer to. Took a long break, have been reading the last several threads. How was it revealed that SM was a victim of domestic violence? Can someone point me to where I can read about it or just briefly tell me about it? BM is accused of first degree murder, so I’m confused why there appears to be a group.. though small, of posters who feel more negatively toward SM than BM.

Maybe because she was going to church every Sunday, and disappeared on the Mother’s Day? She did become a symbol of domestic abuse from a lying and controlling man, but a symbol in snow-white clothes, and now they think the clothes are tainted?

It has to come from me, because I am not a religious person. No religious denomination or lack thereof defines us, humans. We stay happy or unhappy, we feel the same, we make the same decisions. And to me, the fact that Suzanne had an affair did not take anything from her, as a person. Gave one more reason to BM to murder her, if he knew.

She had a relationship, but was afraid to leave BM. She brought the money in the form of inheritance, but had to Google Ecuador to find cheap healthcare. BM controlled everything, her finances, decisions, time. After her disappearance, he controlled how she’d vote. Even this.

And she bought the pen hoping to catch Barry cheating. There must have been some symptoms.

She was unhappy, isolated from her friends, and living in a taxidermiac castle, fully at his mercy.

Thinking of it in a different way. If my mom had a relationship, I’d understand her. Humans fall in love, or think they do. But if my dad killed her for it, I’d never forgive him, for taking my mom away from me.

Correct, I don't "know" that, which is why my post ended with "jmo". And my point was, she may have thought she was being careful enough that he'd never find out. Sometimes people do things both out of character and out of bounds with what statistics indicate. For a million different reasons. We'll never know for sure what her reasoning was behind all this because she's dead, and can't answer for herself.
Could also be the case that SM was worn out...tired of hiding it...tired of the whole sordid business...and was getting desensitized to the element of risk. Taking chances wasn't policed as diligently toward the end. imo

Where are you all following the case from? Sorry,I missed it all yesterday and caught up with Trisha's live last night. Are you following Twitter and who on there or is someone here reporting back from the courthouse? TIA

here are some twitter links to follow

NCADV | National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

perhaps this may help.
From link:

Is Domestic Violence Always Physical Abuse?

It is important to note that domestic violence does not always manifest as physical abuse. Emotional and psychological abuse can often be just as extreme as physical violence. Lack of physical violence does not mean the abuser is any less dangerous to the victim, nor does it mean the victim is any less trapped by the abuse.
Thanks! I was just unsure, I thought maybe I missed something somewhere. Like Nicole Simpson and the bruise pics.

Getting ready for day two of the four days set for the #BarryMorphew preliminary hearing. Judge has yet to enter the courtroom. Busy docket due to backlog of COVID cases... says there is no room for this to go longer than scheduled. #SuzanneMorphew @CBSDenver

https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1425112343168438281?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member