Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 27s
#SuzanneMorphew texted her sister about #BarryMorphew being allegedly physically abusive and that Suzanne wanted out of the marriage. Sister told investigators she didn't really know how to respond.
Wait, what? Your sister texts you and say's her husband is abusive and you don't know how to respond? How about you tell her to protect herself, get the h#ll out of there and press charges?

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
Aug 10
Exhibit 56 in #BarryMorphew preliminary hearing: This is the text message he had deleted off his phone from Suzanne. The text is from May 6 at 10:13 a.m. There were only two messages that were swiped (deleted).

ETA: I believe this is the message where she said it was over and they needed to be civil.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
3h
On May 6, Text message from #SuzanneMorphew to #BarryMorphew said, "I’m done. I could care less about what you’ve been up to for years. We need to figure this out civilly."
ETA2: or it could be this one?

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
Aug 10
Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
On MAY 6, #BarryMorphew sent text messages to #SuzanneMorphew talking about suicide. "Going to see my savior. This life on earth is a mear grain of sand compared to eternity."
ETA3 - Marc clears this up

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

·
Aug 10
On May 6, Suzanne sent text to Barry: “I’m done. I could care less what you’re up to and have been for years. We just need to figure this out civilly.” FBI investigator says Barry responded with texts that detailed suicidal thoughts This was 4 days before Suzanne went missing

Oh man. His "suicidal" comments are a true smokescreen for his homicidal planning. Meant to disarm her self-survival instincts and lure her into staying within reach.

It's hard to think she would believe this bs from him.

She should have been having this conversation from the safety of a friend or family member's home, not all by herself at that isolated place.

@CrimeTalkPod

May 8, 7:02 am: computer scientist able to recover from notes on phone a list of grievances against Barry. 50 reasons why Suzanne is leaving the marriage.

@CrimeTalkPod

May 8, 7:02 am: computer scientist able to recover from notes on phone a list of grievances against Barry. 50 reasons why Suzanne is leaving the marriage.
I’m stunned she quit at 50. She could have listed 150 reasons why to leave the marriage.

Not most murder 1 cases.

Yes, many are mostly circumstantial. There are rarely eyewitnesses for murder 1 cases - but sometimes there are, as when a child is called in to testify that dad shot mom, or in a home invasion where one person survives.

Typically, the murderer and the victim are alone and the only living eyewitness is the murderer, as in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08