Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not most murder 1 cases.
Circumstantial evidence is evidence that relies on an inference to connect it to a conclusion of fact—such as a fingerprint at the scene of a crime. By contrast, direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion directly—i.e., without need for any additional evidence or inference. Wikipedia

So... trash runs which included a 'tree container' ?
Maybe some of our speculation wasn't far off the mark ?

I'll keep my thoughts to myself about BM's saying he shot about 85 chipmunks around their home. :mad:

While growing up my siblings and I fed a chipmunk that was almost tame and would bravely eat some bits of birdseed we scattered by the fence.
Charming little creatures. :(

We will have to disagree on DNA and fingerprints being circumstantial. In most cases, they are definitive proof.

DNA is tricky, though. In this case, we can expect Barry's DNA to be useless, as he lived with the victim.

Are you saying that unless there's DNA and/or fingerprints (often there's neither), Murder 1 convictions mostly don't take place? I'd say it's the opposite - in the cases I've been involved with or followed, there's rarely DNA or fingerprints. Again, Barry's fingerprints would be all over his own possessions - in this case absence of fingerprints would be more significant, when one would expect them in a particular place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08