Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked this reporter on Twitter if a tranquilizer was mentioned today and here is her reply:

Yes. Grusing said they found a tranquilizer cap in the dryer vent when they searched the home. There was also mention of one dart missing from a 4-dart case.

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1425262959568248835?s=21
This tranquilizer revelation is so interesting. What possible reason could Barry give LE for being in possession of tranquilizer darts? Or, having to dispose of a tranquilizer on his dump run? I recall another member speculating he may have needed this “medication” while operating his deer farm in IN. However, this would NOT explain the tranquilizer cap in his dryer lint filter in CO following Suzanne’s murder. Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I haven’t been able to read all the comments posted.

Personally, I believe the prosecution has reached the proof evident presumption great threshold to see this go to trial. The remaining two days of the preliminary is “gravy.” If Barry thinks he has any hope of getting out on bail, he will be disappointed. Too bad, not sad. He murdered his wife and he is a pathological liar which has been exposed numerous times already. And, likely more to come!

I feel sad for his girls on a number of levels. His manipulation of them along with cognitive dissonance will likely prevent them from fully understanding the evil he has done. Even if they come to believe he did it, they will make excuses for him, the ones he’s planted in the minds.
JMHO

I may be a grinch, but I kind of hope they are learning a big lesson and having to struggle a bit and scramble financially. It might be a positive thing overall.

I say that because I think that their Dad manipulated them by bribing them and giving them gifts---their Mom wanted them to get and education and learn to make a living independently.

But Dad manipulated them with Range Rovers and new clothes, and turned them against their Mom. So if they lose their current financial support because their Dad needs a Capitol defense attorney, then so be it.
Yep that’s the least of their worries. They are young and can work.

A couple of articles stated that the prosecution said that the 3 witnesses were the meat and potatoes of the case. Did they really say that? I tried to look at the Twitter feeds to see but never located anything.

Discrepancy here!! with these 2 tweets - Forgot to post this earlier! Can't recall without looking "which" date I put this on....

Between 8-9 p.m. on May 8 [this if Friday], #SuzanneMorphew Facebook codes were reset. She friend requested 23 people in total 20 were men. Investigators asked Barry if this was him and he said no.

and

On Saturday night [which is May 9] before Suzanne was reported missing, her Facebook codes were reset and her account friended 23 of her old friends, 20 of them male. investigators asked Barry if he did this and he denied it.

A couple of articles stated that the prosecution said that the 3 witnesses were the meat and potatoes of the case. Did they really say that? I tried to look at the Twitter feeds to see but never located anything.
"DA Jeff Lindsey~ "We called 3 witnesses. we’re doing the best we can. The ones we heard from are the meat and potatoes. We won’t finish this in 4 days if things go the way we are. Court needs to set boundaries and barriers."
https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley/status/1425181565353488385

"Prosecution says they still have witnesses to still call, only 3 have been called. He believes those 3 are the “meat and potatoes” for this hearing BUT still would like to call other witnesses. He says defense is taking too long and he doesn’t know if it’ll be done in 4 days"
https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1425195391792951309

Discrepancy here!! with these 2 tweets - Forgot to post this earlier! Can't recall without looking "which" date I put this on....

Between 8-9 p.m. on May 8 [this if Friday], #SuzanneMorphew Facebook codes were reset. She friend requested 23 people in total 20 were men. Investigators asked Barry if this was him and he said no.

and

On Saturday night [which is May 9] before Suzanne was reported missing, her Facebook codes were reset and her account friended 23 of her old friends, 20 of them male. investigators asked Barry if he did this and he denied it.
Yeah I chalk it up to Lauren tweeting under time constraints that there are so many minor errors. There was another one that said something like 11:50 am to 12:50 am and I think it was wrong as well.

It wasn't a cold war, it's a classic case of domestic violence. The perpetrator is not just a narcissist, he's a murderous narcissist.

All of his threats were pure manipulation and indicative of serious mental illness. The amount of control he exerted in that home is a violation of a Christian father's sacred duty to love his wife as Christ loved the church. But beyond that, he manipulated others with his twisted use of scriptures and severe gaslighting behaviors.

It will continue even if he never sets foot outside jail or prison again. His daughters need to make a break with him. His level of manipulative behavior makes him toxic! And we've only seen a fraction of what's in the AA and what was SM's reality.

The only way to escape a TOXIC parent is to cut them out of your life. To his daughters: Stop victimizing yourselves. Wake up! Get supportive psychological care! Walk away from the courtroom and never look back.
MOO
I'm not sure why this was directed to me, I never said cold war. I believe BM has been a total Narc, misogynist, and abuser in one form or another his entire life.

JMO

"DA Jeff Lindsey~ "We called 3 witnesses. we’re doing the best we can. The ones we heard from are the meat and potatoes. We won’t finish this in 4 days if things go the way we are. Court needs to set boundaries and barriers."
https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley/status/1425181565353488385

"Prosecution says they still have witnesses to still call, only 3 have been called. He believes those 3 are the “meat and potatoes” for this hearing BUT still would like to call other witnesses. He says defense is taking too long and he doesn’t know if it’ll be done in 4 days"
https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1425195391792951309
Thanks so much for finding this. I don’t love that these three are the meat and potatoes. I was hoping they were building up to more. I think the evidence is there to charge, but if this is what they have, there are concerns.

I really hope that there are witnesses to Barry’s bad behavior during the marriage. At this point, it’s only Suzanne’s words to others. Suzanne’s honesty is on trial here as well, and she was not honest with her closest friends about her affair. It seems that Barry may not have had other women, as Suzanne had told her friend. Who is to say that Suzanne did not spin a yarn to make herself look good for when she left Barry? The girls are not going to testify that they saw abuse, and while they loved their mother, their allegiance seems to be to their father. I have a lot of questions about what really happened in that home, and who Suzanne and Barry really were. Yes, Barry killed Suzanne, and hopefully there is enough evidence to convict. But I don’t know how this will play to a jury.

Someone asked this reporter on Twitter if a tranquilizer was mentioned today and here is her reply:

Yes. Grusing said they found a tranquilizer cap in the dryer vent when they searched the home. There was also mention of one dart missing from a 4-dart case.

Interesting that they said "vent" and not "lint trap". The lint trap is in the dryer housing, the vent takes the damp air that has been filtered through the trap, and vents it to the outside. How would the dart cap get past the lint trap and get lodged in the vent? I wonder if he removed the lint trap in the dryer so that there wouldn't be fibers or hair or something from what he dried for the police to collect, and the cap got lodged in the vent that way?

Thanks so much for finding this. I don’t love that these three are the meat and potatoes. I was hoping they were building up to more. I think the evidence is there to charge, but if this is what they have, there are concerns.

I really hope that there are witnesses to Barry’s bad behavior during the marriage. At this point, it’s only Suzanne’s words to others. Suzanne’s honesty is on trial here as well, and she was not honest with her closest friends about her affair. It seems that Barry may not have had other women, as Suzanne had told her friend. Who is to say that Suzanne did not spin a yarn to make herself look good for when she left Barry? The girls are not going to testify that they saw abuse, and while they loved their mother, their allegiance seems to be to their father. I have a lot of questions about what really happened in that home, and who Suzanne and Barry really were. Yes, Barry killed Suzanne, and hopefully there is enough evidence to convict. But I don’t know how this will play to a jury.

I agree that I did not "love" that these past two days were the "meat and potatoes". The bar is low in a preliminary so I still think it is possible some of the charges will get bound over for trial, but so far there isn't anything that is clearly beyond reasonable doubt. The issue of domestic violence was a sentence enhancer and isn't a charge so I'm setting that aside for consideration on my part until the end of the trial. The prosecution will need to do alot nore work to prove their idea that Barry was "running around the exterior of interior of the house chasing Suzanne with a 22 loaded with a tranquillizer dart." And so far, I am trying to piece a timeline in my head because I didn't notice alot of discrepancies. I'm not sure the bike and helmet have been fully explained by the prosecution either...the thing that popped out for me was the very short trip his car made, but that could have been maneuvering the trailer and bobcat off his truck. I found it interesting, especially in light of all the social chatter about his skid steer that at the very end I think I heard that it played no role in this case.

If he really intended on going hiking with SM when he got home, I think he probably put the phone in Airplane mode to avoid receiving calls from his gf, and also not have to disable the phone in SM's presence. It was probably force of habit for him! MOO
IMO I’m not sure if this has been said but if they had bad cell phone reception at the house putting the phone on airplane mode saves battery life. The phone constantly searching for a signal quickly drains the battery, so this maybe something they all did automatically when they arrived home and the just checked every so often for missed calls and/ messages Or not…

I hope they find poor Suzanne and she gets the justice she deserves. Jmo

BAM!! Now we are getting somewhere!!

I didn't hear this or read this. Goes to show how much we miss because this is not televised.

IMO I’m not sure if this has been said but if they had bad cell phone reception at the house putting the phone on airplane mode saves battery life. The phone constantly searching for a signal quickly drains the battery, so this maybe something they all did automatically when they arrived home and the just checked every so often for missed calls and/ messages Or not…

I hope they find poor Suzanne and she gets the justice she deserves. Jmo
Especially since Barry needed this phone for work.

I may be a grinch, but I kind of hope they are learning a big lesson and having to struggle a bit and scramble financially. It might be a positive thing overall.

I say that because I think that their Dad manipulated them by bribing them and giving them gifts---their Mom wanted them to get and education and learn to make a living independently.

But Dad manipulated them with Range Rovers and new clothes, and turned them against their Mom. So if they lose their current financial support because their Dad needs a Capitol defense attorney, then so be it.
I don't think you're a grinch--I totally agree. My one worry in this scenario is that the girls turn to well-off but controlling boyfriends/husbands for financial, and what they may believe is emotional/familial security. People do tend to seek partners who have similar personalities to their problematic parent to "fix" that relationship by doing it over, better. Except unfortunately that never works. And they are gorgeous young women who will probably attract plenty of narcissists like their dad. So I guess my wish for them is excellent therapists, supportive, honest friends, and a big wake-up call to never put up with what their poor mama did. And that they'll find the inspiration somehow that "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing," as Teddy Roosevelt said, and when you bring home your own bacon, nobody else holds the strings!

Here’s the tweet. I just discovered this reporter is covering the hearing on Twitter, she’s with a local Colorado Springs TV station and seems to have picked up on a few details like the lint trap. JMO

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1425142114195812356?s=21

When he came home, his phone shows that he moved around his house in a pattern. He said he was shooting chipmunks. They found a tranquilizer dart in the dryer trap of the Morphew home. At 2:47 p.m., his phone goes into airplane mode. It doesn't come back online until 10:17 p.m.

He was moving around the house, picking up the dart caps he shot SM with, I bet. When they say around the house do they mean both outside and inside?

I finally saw a picture of JL. I have to say Barry is much more handsome. When they were texting and JL said the gang is here, meaning his kids, why in the world didn't Suzanne put a stop to this. Now JL's Daughter and her older brothers know about this because she saw his texts while ordering pizza on his phone and told them. That is sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper