Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read something before I had to pop out for a little while. (I can't find it again, at the moment.) It was saying that the judge can call a trial right now.

I was wondering, can he call a trial on reflection of the past two days evidence. And somehow advise all the players? Not proceed any further with the Prelim Hearing?

If anyone knows the answer, of course.

Last edited:
So based on the evidence introduced over the last two days... Why did it take so long to arrest him? Do you just think it was the different DA who was more willing to take a no body case? It seems like the most important information (phone, truck, tranq) was available early on. Just curious what everyone thinks.
I imagine that when they found the spy pen in June and recovered the recording with JL, it was a snag. Hard to prosecute when you have a mystery lover who no one knew about and who you can't id. They needed to find him and alibi him. And it sounds like that didn't happen until November. And you had a new DA coming in at that point and I imagine they wanted to wait for that transition. I guess we'll see if they found any other crucial evidence in 2021.

Last edited:
Is this time/day right?
did he accidentally b*tt dial with her phone?

Right? We don't know. SM had an incoming call just after midnight Saturday. Maybe he called the number back by accident. It was not revealed what either were, but I felt like this was a big reveal. This, the 6 trash stops, the 5 hour hotel stay and the dart were aha moments for me.

SM bought spy pen and had it shipped to SO house. She went to Florida in February and got it from SO.

Spy pen was found by LE in June. SO told LE to look for it. They played the convo of SM and JL to SO and another friend Holly W but they couldn’t tell LE who Jeff is , didn’t recognize his voice or know about him.

LE finally got SM iCloud info with her LinkedIn account and figured out who JL was. By then it was November.
I guess that's why the police were requesting anyone who had communicated with Suzanne using various apps to come forward and talk to them. They had his voice. Yet, he was a coward and waited until they found him. Nice guy...NOT...

I actually think that I could accept the affair if he had done the honorable thing and called the police. I really don't know how he can live with himself.

Of course, I feel certain that he is telling his wife that he was just trying to protect her and the children when in actuality he was just trying to protect himself.

JMO.

Last edited:
I agree.
The correct response is, "I am on my way to get you out of there now."
Who ARE these people???
Sister does not know how to respond to her sibling in danger. what the what?
Lover who hides when SM goes "missing." Really?
Husband who is piece of cr@p.
Crap MIL and cr@p SIL. Get those girls away from these people.
Thank goodness for Andy and SO.

Oh if only it was that easy to help a victim of DV! It just doesn't work to rush to their side and "get them out", unless the victim is specifically asking for that kind of help. About all you can do is let them know you'll be there if they decide to leave.

Is this time/day right?
did he accidentally b*tt dial with her phone?

Right? We don't know. SM had an incoming call just after midnight Saturday. Maybe he called the number back by accident. It was not revealed what either were, but I felt like this was a big reveal. This, the 6 trash stops, the 5 hour hotel stay and the dart were aha moments for me.

We don't know what Suzanne was wearing. Our insider posted last night that when the picture was shown in court, it showed her face as her hair covered her shoulders wear the bathing suit straps would be.
No, we don't know for sure what she was wearing, but it would seem what he brought to his room in Broomfield would be what she was wearing that day.

It was something teal, something dark colored and a light blue bag. This was what Lauren tweeted.

Last edited:
SM bought spy pen and had it shipped to SO house. She went to Florida in February and got it from SO.

Spy pen was found by LE in June. SO told LE to look for it. They played the convo of SM and JL to SO and another friend Holly W but they couldn’t tell LE who Jeff is , didn’t recognize his voice or know about him.

LE finally got SM iCloud info with her LinkedIn account and figured out who JL was. By then it was November.
Nice going. I'm not sure what day it is after today's events.

I guess that's why the police were requesting anyone who had communicated with Suzanne using various apps to come forward and talk to them. They had his voice. Yet, he was a coward and waited until they found him. Nice guy...NOT...

I was wondering why the police had made this request. Now, we know why. I actually think that I could accept the affair if he had done the honorable thing and called the police. I really don't know how he can live with himself.

Of course, I feel certain that he is telling his wife that he was just trying to protect her and the children when in actuality he was just trying to protect himself.

JMO.
Maybe JL was afraid of BM being out and about...?

Let’s just say she is some sort of master spy who was able to miraculously pull that off (ignoring the other issues).

Why was Barry’s phone not trackable right when he arrived home, and why did his truck reset its data at around the same time?

Why did her phone go dark at the precise moment Barry needed it to (before he left the house).

Why did Barry lie about when he woke up that morning (his phone puts him near the bike, and his car puts him outside at the same time)?

Why did Barry leave so early in the morning, only to go to Broomfield and do 11 minutes of work, and dump trash in 5 locations?

Why did Barry lie to investigators about doing work, while he was really in his hotel room for hours?

Why did Barry threaten suicide, then delete the text?

Why did Barry have an illegal tranquilizer dart?

Why was Barry moving all around the house that day, and 9 months later, come up with the hilarious “chipmunk excuse.”

Why was there no sign of life from Suzanne after he did arrive home that afternoon?

We have 2 more days left, so there’s going to be a lot more reasons why Suzanne didn’t take off.
I meant to add to one of my earlier posts about Barry using bits from all of the criminals that the "shooting chipmunk" story is similar to Chad Daybell shooting that rogue raccoon in his yard.

BTW, excellent common sense questions, MassGuy! Hopefully, the jury will have enough common sense to ask these questions, too!! ;)

JMO.

Maybe JL was afraid of BM being out and about...?
Contacting the police would have been kept under wraps until they arrested Barry. IMO, this guy did it for himself, pure and simple.

The only positive thing that I can say is he provided some happiness and hope for Suzanne in her final months on this earth. It doesn't matter now whether it was real or an illusion. To her it was real.

JMO.

JL is going to have to testify on the stand at a trial.

As the last person who had contact with SM, other than the accused, and someone who was proximate to her last days, his statements must be heard.

I'm really astonished he didn't contact LE. After a week, maybe. Maybe even a month, but not even any anonymous comments or quick email to them is just astonishing to me.

It seems like such a waste of energy for BM to have driven all over Broomfield depositing trash when he and Suzanne had a large dumpster nearby that they were able to walk to and converse with a nice cleaning lady. All those stops he made and to think he totally forgot how close that dumpster was. o_O

The defense might try to explain away BM’s five or six Broomfield trash stops precisely due to having this residential dumpster.

They could say BM loaded up his truck with household trash, thinking he would drop it in on his way out of town, but then forgot. Thus he was reduced to incrementally and surreptitiously disposing his household trash at various places because one can’t just pull up to a business’s private dumpster and start tossing in a boatload of Hefty bags.

I literally have done this myself.

It's just all the bizarre behavior too added up. Maybe one of those random things happening to also occur when the wife goes missing, but all of them? Not at all likely. Then he lied, deleted messages, and can't remember what he was throwing away in 5 different dumpsters on Mother's Day?? He's such an idoit! lol

Great point! I'll add to that question.

The spy pen was said to be found in Suzanne's closet. Was it found in November, or did I misunderstand that? It was not clearly stated unless I missed it.

"Authorities didn't learn about this affair until November 2020 — six months after Suzanne went missing.

Law enforcement first spoke with him on Nov. 13, 2020.

Another recording picked up a five-hour conversation with Jeff Libler, the man Suzanne was having an affair with, Harris said. It was at this point that investigators realized there was an affair involved, he said."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

Suzanne's friend, SO, is the one who informed LEO of the Spy Pen. Hence, I think LE found it during one of their searches but it took a while for them to be able to hear the recordings on it. I seem to recall the FBI had to enhance the audio files.

Exactly, this is very bothersome for me. He just "pretends" life goes on as normal? Wow..
I may be confused, but didn’t someone say yesterday that he said he was unaware she was missing? So they were having this long term relationship, she’s texting him, sending photos, it abruptly stops, and he just….doesn’t care? Doesn’t question it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha