Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the best explanation of what was said in the courtroom regarding that DNA on the glovebox of SM’s Range Rover. Several reporters were confused imo. Sounds like it matched to ONE person who has SIMILAR DNA to someone who’s in the system as having been charged with 3 SA charges,

So to me, sounds like it could be from someone who worked on her car who happens to be a blood relative of the SA offender. JMO

On cross-examination, Barry Morphew’s attorneys said that unknown male DNA, that did not match Barry, was found on the glove box of Suzanne’s Range Rover, which was similar to the DNA of one male with three sexual assaults when it was put into CODIS, the national prison database.

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say
Thank you!

And Suzanne may have been trying to make BM fed up also ..... foiling his surveillance and irritating him.

“I just wish he would get fed up with me and let me get out of the marriage,” Suzanne told Sheila in another text message.
Barry Morphew Put a Gun to His Head, Asked Suzanne Morphew How She Would Pay for Cancer Treatments if She Left Him: Court Testimony - NewsBreak
Was Suzanne forcing herself to stay in the marriage until the youngest graduated from high school?
Why not just leave if you’re tired of Barry’s marital manipulations? She had already emotionally disengaged from the marriage.
Was she thinking Barry would at some point suddenly act civil and calmly want to sit down and divide up things?
JMO

Here’s the best explanation of what was said in the courtroom regarding that DNA on the glovebox of SM’s Range Rover. Several reporters were confused imo. Sounds like it matched to ONE person who has SIMILAR DNA to someone who’s in the system as having been charged with 3 SA charges,

So to me, sounds like it could be from someone who worked on her car who happens to be a blood relative of the SA offender. JMO

On cross-examination, Barry Morphew’s attorneys said that unknown male DNA, that did not match Barry, was found on the glove box of Suzanne’s Range Rover, which was similar to the DNA of one male with three sexual assaults when it was put into CODIS, the national prison database.

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Wow. Good catch that the DNA is similar, therefore could be a blood relative of someone who worked on her car. I hadn’t caught that during the prelim.

See what the defense is doing? Taking a nothing-burger and making it seem significant. Look there, not here.

Hi, this is the write-up for Day 1 of BMs preliminary hearing on August 9, 2021. @MassGuy had a great idea to try this via Good Doc as the document is a bit long. I hope this works. If not, I will keep working on it. You should just be able to copy the below link in your browser and this should take you to the document.

Please note that I cannot vouch that everything on this write up is 100% correct as I had a very difficult time keeping up with the information by hand. I am especially concerned about dates etc. If you see any glaring errors, please let me know.

I will start working on Day 2, but it will take me a few days.

<modsnip>

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ouid=117794417974558849920&rtpof=true&sd=true

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Good catch that the DNA is similar, therefore could be a blood relative of someone who worked on her car. I hadn’t caught that during the prelim.

See what the defense is doing? Taking a nothing-burger and making it seem significant. Look there, not here.
Yep. Part of their smear campaign. Using evidence that actually shows that the State did their job to rule out other suspects. jmo

I’m skeptical of its existence. Even if Suzanne had access to that safe (I doubt she even did), Barry would likely realize very quickly that the money was missing (he kept his guns in there). We have no indication that was the case.
I'm wondering if he was claiming that he had $70,000 cash to make it look believable that he would have the funds available to him to cover the no-questions-asked reward. This amount combined with funds in the bank to equal the $100,000 reward amount.

Last edited:
Was Suzanne forcing herself to stay in the marriage until the youngest graduated from high school?
Why not just leave if you’re tired of Barry’s marital manipulations? She had already emotionally disengaged from the marriage.
Was she thinking Barry would at some point suddenly act civil and calmly want to sit down and divide up things?
JMO

As a restraining order had already been spoken about (by the youngest daughter) I would imagine that Suzanne was hoping that BM would just get tired of her, and get up and leave. Find someone else, want a divorce.

Anything to stop her living in fear of BM's possible retaliatory behaviour.

JMO
I think she was an almost 50 year old woman without any work history, a lot of money tied up in the marriage, and a couple of kids almost out of the nest. She hadn’t figured it all out yet. They were together a very long time, and probably had almost split before. And maybe they patched things up and went back to whatever it was they had. This time was different, because Suzanne had a man who was encouraging her to try new stuff, telling her how sexy she was (instead of criticizing the way she dressed), she was flying to spots for secret trysts. This was just for her, nobody else. He made her feel special. She may have figured the time was coming where she could walk with half her money, one kid working and one at college. First time for Suzanne to be on her own. She probably didn’t think he would actually kill her.

$ $, $ $ $ $ in Garage Safe ?

At this point, I would need independent verification that was ever 70k in the safe. I wouldn’t take Barry’s word for it.
@rainbowshummingbird (and @MassGuy).

Seems we've got some doubting Thomases around here. You would not be skeptical
if you had seen stacks of these in the safe, w your own eyes, like I have. ;):rolleyes:;):oops:;):rolleyes::cool::D sarc

Monopoly-City-REPLACEMENT-Monopoly-Money-set_157538C.jpg

image: Monopoly City REPLACEMENT Monopoly Money set | Finer Things.

JMO
After 30 years of marriage and two daughters, yeah, a woman might think that.
BM was very good at concealing his psychosis. That's what psychotics do.

Attachments

• 4A85CAB8-72E2-4A37-9859-F0A39D4AFC25.jpeg
    4A85CAB8-72E2-4A37-9859-F0A39D4AFC25.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 18
This has been @Trackergd’s theory all along. BM took the body out to the “back 40” for disposal.

My theory, too. I think SUZANNE is closer to Puma Path and Morphew house than most people think.

Ex-FBI Agent Believes Suzanne Morphew's Husband Was 'Chasing' Her Around Home Before She Vanished
Investigators found a tranquilizer cap in the dryer of the home where Suzanne and Barry Morphew lived

By KC Baker
August 16, 2021 03:10 PM
snipped

BM allegedly told the agent that he shot chipmunks after he got home, Grusing said, Fox21 News and KDVR reports.

But Grusing testified he believes BM "did something" to Suzanne when he got home and was "chasing" her around the home, Fox 21 reports.
At 3:25 a.m., data shows BM's truck in the area where Suzanne's bike was later found, investigators say, KDVR reports.

SM's phone stopped sending signals at 4:20 a.m.

BM then went on to Broomfield, where he said he had a construction job, Fox21 News reports.
-----------
edited for initials - nothing new here really but they have the same error regarding the time on the AA (2:47am v. 2:47pm)

more at link

rbbm

I’ll thank, in advance, any members who have information near to hand.

Are we sure we know where the bike was found? I haven’t read or seen where LE or an msm reporter made it official. I know someone tied a ribbon to a tree along rd 225, and it was thought that was where the bike was found, but I haven’t seen the location confirmed. I did just see the map @OldCop posted earlier.

I’m asking because if it was found on road 225 between Puma Path and Hwy 50, BM being in that area is normal, as that’s the only road in and out of the subdivision (notwithstanding the unimproved two-track to the south of the Morphew house that goes east to the rv park).

However, if the bike was west along road 225 toward Fooses Dam, then that is way more problematic for BM.

And @Cindizzi, didn’t BM tell one of the detectives SUZANNE may have been riding up that way? Toward Fooses or along Fooses Creek? (Sorry, I obviously need to print out the msm tweets from the PC hearing.)

If the bike was found up this trail, which is to the west of the house and goes up the mountain, that would better explain for me MM2’s boyfriend’s comment to investigators that it was odd for her bike to be there because SUZANNE didn’t ride that trail because of the steep climb. (Paraphrasing what he said, I’m hoping @Cindizzi has the quote close to hand.)

JMO

I think it was more complicated.

JMO
Based on SM's communication with SO over the years, it seemed that SM was trapped in that erroneous "mindset" to stick it out until HS graduation but I think it was her own child that she was holding out for that was the most supportive of SM to get out -- file a restraining order if necessary -- even suggesting they (SM and daughter) could relocate to Salida and get "jobs."

Expensive non-insured hydrotherapy is another “hydro” thought……I don’t think SM would have an on-going prescription for any nasty pain med. JMO though.

Hmm .. I guess it could be water therapy? I’d never imagine someone accusing another person of it though. My first thought was drug use. (But I have hung out with a quite a cast of characters over the years.)

Interesting how we all visualize different things.

First read through and I have questions!
1. Were all three drugs named in court, as you listed them? (hydrocodone, clonazepam, and mirtazapine)
2. Right before the “last photo” was sent to JL, he asked Suzanne if they should strip naked?? Could that photo have been a nude photo that was cropped for court, or do you think you saw the entire photo?
3. Did they say where Mm1’s sheets were located?
Two comments- one thing that I hated: “Ecuador: It was stated that SM indicated that they go without contact for a while when she leaves, but that SM will wait for JL.” Ugh the defense will hit on this big time.
One thing that I loved: “Was there any blood found in the house, helmet, or bike? No. DA asks “Do you need to bleed to die?” No.”

I’m going to go with more bad acting. I think he might of caught her sending nudes on the afternoon of Saturday the 9th. Probably was watching trail cams that were perfectly aimed at the back of the house where she happened to be sunbathing. Maybe he was aiming cams toward the house when he said he was looking for a turkey by the river when he stopped home for lunch.

This sending nudes thing in the preliminary hearing really makes me think this could be what drove BM into his final rage. It was kind of presented as read between the lines. This and his fellow workers saying he was constantly checking trail cams.

I think he knew that she was having an affair but he could not figure out whom with. Jmo

Replying to my own post because to late to edit to add what @NoSI just posted from prelim.

May 9, 2021 – 14:04: Msg from JL asking “How did you get along”; SM responds with “He is always gone somewhere, never stops, but that’s fine with me”; Later SM to JL “Thank you Babe! I am just in love with you”; JL to SM “Cleaning up outside. Want to strip down and get naked?”; SM to JL “Can you talk? I am on What’s App”; JL to SM “Let me check on kids to see if able to”; 14:11 - SM to JL “okay, I am on What’s App

I think Suzanne took nudes after JL said want to strip and get naked and Barry saw this on his trail cams and this threw him into his rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState