Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what I would expect. Along with turning over passport etc.

highly doubt he’d bond out & be able to roam free. No, I bet the terms of his release would be to have gps monitoring
Well remember Fotis Dulos? ankle monitor, no passport. He killed himself. To this day his wife’s body hasn’t been found.
Judge, don’t let him out!

Whoa. Okay.

That's pretty big. I do understand the Judge's dilemma. If BM is not properly charged with Murder 1, he should be permitted bail.

So I guess the Judge's first task is to decide whether he's going to hold Barry on Murder 1, or reduce the charge to Murder 2 and let him out.

People are not supposed to be held without bail unless the charges warrant it. It's my understanding that only M1 can prevent bail in CO.
Thank you for this understanding.

I hope the AA was more hard hitting than the prosecution’s presentation. I would love to know who the other potential witnesses were and how much they would have added.

The Judge would know this, and has all the info we do not know.
Surely this influences him OR is it ONLY what has been presented at the PH.

From a quick perusal of google, it looks like judge can set bail, even if it's 1st degree. This is in cases where the evidence provided isn't exactly overwhelming.

I'm trying to imagine how fearful SO will be if BM is out on bail. He knows where she lives and teaches. IMO
Then there's JL. Anyone can find his home address in MI. IMO

Please, Judge. No bail!!!!
IMHO
Barry said it himself. All he has left is his hunting. JL, it seems to me, would now be at the top of his list. He made Suzanne disappear; and it can happen again.

JMO.

thats what I would expect. Along with turning over passport etc.

highly doubt he’d bond out & be able to roam free. No, I bet the terms of his release would be to have gps monitoring
Well remember Fotis Dulos? ankle monitor, no passport. He killed himself. To this day his wife’s body hasn’t been found.
Judge, don’t let him out!

The Judge did not allow Barry to get out of jail so that's a win. However, one reason not to release the Arrest Affidavit is in case there is no trial.

If so, a richly redacted AA may be released later, idk, but this Judge comes from a defense perspective, according to link provided above this a few posts.

We truly need for Suzanne to be found.
I don't think we'll be seeing even a redacted AA soon. :(

Ay, chihuahua. Not good at all. Judge has read the AA, listened to the defense for most of the PH, and still hasn't made up his mind? I can't see any way this could be good. What is going on underneath all this tomfoolery?
I've been asking that since he denied release of the AA then denied the MSM's appeal of that decision. Many have thought it had gruesome details. I always thought it did not convince the judge. I felt many of his reasons for sealing violated Rule 55.2 because they were specious. I was accused of attacking the judge. But look where we are now.

Can the DA try again if BM goes free? Suzanne deserves justice!

This piece really puzzles me I don't believe she would leave all those things in car even if she were at the house. She would be constantly running in and out to grab things out of her purse. I don't buy it. I think at some point they did go somewhere in the RR I think that was the vehicle that was used IMO.
I think her Camelbak and sunglasses being in the vehicle proves she didn't go on a bike ride. She keeps those items in there because she usually takes her RR to wherever she bike rides... that backs up what daughter's boyfriend said, so that's good. Suzanne probably carries a purse way more than I do, but I keep my purse in my car cuz I don't need the stuff in it when I'm home, so the purse being there doesn't bother me. Plus her purse is in the RR, the RR is in the garage of the house that supposedly had a security system, so she probably assumed it would be safe in the RR when she is at home. I doubt she would leave it in the RR if she went to a store or something, but at home, it should've been pretty safe.

Updated list of things is have to ignore to believe Barry is innocent.

What was going on in that marriage.

Barry deleting texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage (he claimed Suzanne had never asked for a divorce, yet deleted a text from her in which she discussed it).

Barry’s lies on the state of their marriage.

The fact that Suzanne said she was afraid of him.

The psychological abuse, and the threats of suicide.

The fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon (not a text, not a sighting, not a message; nothing).

The cell phone data that showing Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

The syringe cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

The car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

The left turn that put him right in the area of the helmet, when he should have turned right (he claimed he saw a herd of elk, which don’t travel in herds that time of year).

The 5 trash dumps, the costume changes, and the boots being thrown away.

Barry forgetting what he threw away.

The fact he left early for a job without the proper equipment, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

Barry encouraging his employees to keep working well after Suzanne disappeared, despite knowing full well they couldn’t do that job with what he left them, and materials that were never delivered.

The lie about where he claimed he was when he received the call.

The changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

The near confession (immunity), the missing journal, the one plate dinner, the book turned to May 9, and the very clothes he was wearing hours before being in the dryer.

The scratches on his arms (3 potential fingernail marks on his upper arm).

The hilarious excuse for possessing tranquilizing darts and chemicals (shooting deer and cutting their antlers off in fricken April, which is all sorts of illegal).

The missing towel Suzanne was photographed with in her last “proof of life.”

What I miss?
Excellent list. Just reading this now when some feel prosecution has not gone a good job. The devil is in the details.

I've been asking that since he denied release of the AA then denied the MSM's appeal of that decision. Many have thought it had gruesome details. I always thought it did not convince the judge. I felt many of his reasons for sealing violated Rule 55.2 because they were specious. I was accused of attacking the judge. But look where we are now.

Can the DA try again if BM goes free? Suzanne deserves justice!
Yup. The DA can refile at a later date if the judge doesn’t find probable cause on a particular crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member