Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, Patrick Murphy also needed time to prepare his decision for not releasing the AA. And at this point, I am scratching my head to make sense of that reasoning. With all that he knows about this case, I don't understand his need to prolong the decision.
There is a reason and a good one. I have no idea what that is but I’m hoping they have an idea where SM is and they recover her. Could you imagine that? Just being hopeful.

so sealing the AA to protect the daughters. How does that protect them?
From the media maybe?
It's all gonna come out anyway...
And let's not forget the daughters are not 'girls', nor are they minors.
Young adults.
Other perps' (Barry) and victims' (Suzanne) families aren't afforded such protection.
Maybe it has to do with other people in BM's and SM's lives ?
Imo.

There is a reason and a good one. I have no idea what that is but I’m hoping they have an idea where SM is and they recover her. Could you imagine that? Just being hopeful.
That would be great.
Esp. for Suzanne's siblings who have been publicly supportive of her since she was murdered, and of course before that.
They deserve to bury their sister.

I remember being very apprehensive towards the end of the Frazee trial, who could have predicted the business with toilet paper or towels. I remember a lot of us were wringing our hands the second to last day. And no trial has begun here. If only they could find Suzanne. That's probably why BM had his entire torso bent and writhing in prayer, that they won't find her.

That would be great.
Esp. for Suzanne's siblings who have been publicly supportive of her since she was murdered, and of course before that.
They have stated they are continuing to search for her and if they get that one clue or gps data comes thru it is a possibility. Maybe they are continuing to look at those mines ?? Idk I’m just hopeful for her and her webx family that seems to care to find her. The ones in court don’t seem to care so much where she is.

That would be great.
Well the husband being who he is I have no hope of her ever being recovered and he knows that - he thinks that protects him IMO

I have reconsidered the wood chipper unless the coolers were used to transport the victim far away (say 3 hours) and a rental vehicle was used - since not one speck of blood seems to have been found…: apparently @MassGuy was right all along - dang it I wanted a win for the prosecution and her family so now I am back to burying ….maybe he left a cross made of wood or antlers? Jeez - I just really don’t like this at all
JMO

Last edited:
I am curious about this hike he texted Suzanne about. Didn't he also tell a detective they went for a hike on the 9th, you know after the steak dinner and before sex (eyeroll). If this was premeditated (I believe this was) then when he texted her earlier that day about hiking, could he have been setting the alibi for that hike? He wasn't counting on her texting back later about the hike, but he first texted her wanna hike? Was he planning to do something on a hike? Or did he take her somewhere and didn't want it suspicious that he was out on a trail? He told LE they hiked, did he tell them where? I have a feeling that text, the hike comment, him turning left and then turning around at that mine are all somehow connected. He wanted it to be known he was in whatever area he would be in later so that it wasn't odd if someone reported him there. He could say we went hiking there and I told you about that. Maybe? He went left that morning to go back and make sure she was still there or to make sure no suspicious activity was going on in that area.

I am also curious if the last tower her phone pinged from at that 430am on the 10th was near that same mine area?

I am starting to think politics is a much bigger part of this thing than it should be. Sure hope I am wrong.
If there is no hold over to trial, I would recharge BM and I would petition a change of venue. To Colorado Springs, or Denver.
I love Colorado and have been in and around that area many of times. There are a few places though , I would never live. And when I was 7, I lived, during the week, in Juarez. IMO

Nooooo! I wish I could unread this. If Barry walks on the 17th they better have guards surrounding the courthouse because all hell is going to break loose. I will always respect your opinion but I am going to be optimistic and go with those who think Judge Murphy needs this time to put in his due diligence. There is so much to review and he has to organize everything and provide reason & law to back up his decision. It has to be bullet proof especially if there is an appeal after the trial. I understand the Judge and attorneys have to coordinate their schedules and find a date that works for everyone but dang three weeks from now?! It seems like it would be more of a priority and they could reschedule other things but I guess it doesn’t work like that because it’s not fair to others. Could Barry’s attorney pressuring the Judge for a decision today so Barry doesn’t have to sit in jail have anything to do with it? Taught her a lesson regardless.

IANOL either or a Judge and I’m starting to think I wouldn’t be a very good juror either because it seems like common sense is not permitted to factor into anything.

Is it too late for Barry to negotiate a plea deal? Could that be something for which more time is needed? A confession and location of Suzanne’s remains for what? Not immunity! But Murder 2? At his age does that even give him a chance to get out of jail? What needs to happen now is Suzanne’s remains need to be found! That would be the miracle we have all been hoping for and we need it now! If there is even any remains left to be found.

It is not too late.

Sadly, even if Suzanne's remains (skeleton) are found, I doubt they will yield much incriminating evidence as regards her husband, Barry Morphew. It would of course help the case in terms of establishing death, but I doubt there's much to show cause of death (I of course fervently hope that I am wrong about that last part).

I haven't followed very closely, but if they are insinuating that she ran off to Ecuador, that's one of the hardest Latino countries to move to. At least before COVID they traditionally had a 90 day tourist visa per YEAR. Whereas nearly every other country lets you duck across the border and back every 90 days for a passport stamp, allowing endless stays on tourist visas. Not Ecuador. She would have needed some real hefty ties to someone in the gov. to "move" there or to renew a 90 day tourist visa.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Wasn’t Sm the one suspicious that BM was fooling around? While she was the one fooling around?

That said, in no way do I think anyone should be killed for having sex with a consenting adult. But flipping around the facts makes no sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the husband being who he is I have no hope of her ever being recovered and he knows that - he thinks that protects him IMO

I have reconsidered the wood chipper unless the coolers were used to transport the victim far away (say 3 hours) and a rental vehicle was used - since not one speck of blood seems to have been found…: apparently @MassGuy was right all along - dang it I wanted a win foe the prosecution and her family so now I am back to burying ….maybe he left a cross made of wood or antlers? Jeez - I just really don’t like this at all
JMO
Maybe he made a cross with that tree from the tree pot.
Honestly...if only...because that would be a hilarious karma undoing for him. Mr godly using a tree as a cross for the wife he murdered...and marking the spot that gets himself busted.
We can pray for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member