Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he made a cross with that tree from the tree pot.
Honestly...if only...because that would be a hilarious karma undoing for him. Mr godly using a tree as a cross for the wife he murdered...and marking the spot that gets himself busted.
We can pray for that.
I’m humored by some of the poetic justice here:

The betrayal Barry felt from agent Grusing, as compared to the betrayal Suzanne would have felt in regard to Barry in her final moments.

The hope that Barry had that he was walking out of court today, compared to the hope Suzanne had for a fresh start.

Devastating betrayal and the crushing of dreams.

It is not too late.

Sadly, even if Suzanne's remains (skeleton) are found, I doubt they will yield much incriminating evidence as regards her husband, Barry Morphew. It would of course help the case in terms of establishing death, but I doubt there's much to show cause of death (I of course fervently hope that I am wrong about that last part).
Yes I think of poor Cheryl Coker - her remains found and no evidence yielded / now I need to go check her thread as I’m quite certain of her killer
JMO

IIRC, Patrick Murphy also needed time to prepare his decision for not releasing the AA. And at this point, I am scratching my head to make sense of that reasoning. With all that he knows about this case, I don't understand his need to prolong the decision.

Judge Murphy previously ruled that the seal on the AA would expire 7 days after the PH concluded BUT also provided that the parties would have an opportunity to argue any motion to extend the seal on the AA prior to the expiration. IMO, the defense most likely motioned for the AA to remain sealed.

Can someone enlighten me to who the webx family is? I've seen a couple of posts about that. TIA
An earlier Court Order provided that both SM & BM's immediate family members could view the preliminary hearing via the court's WebEx video stream if they provided the Court with their email for an access password.

Hope you don’t mind Nosi, but you deserve credit for this.

The only reason Lauren was in the courtroom today was because @NoSI graciously gave up her spot, as Lauren wasn’t credentialed for today.

Fortunately, she was able to make it to the fairgrounds. If you read the responses, a lot of people were very grateful for that.

Close call... but I am in the courtroom thanks to a certain someone who gave up her seat for me... you know who you are! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1430189904085102594?s=21

On the issue of SM being alive, the investigators might have questioned the girls:

Q. When was the last time you communicated in any way with your mother?

Q. To the best of your knowledge, has your mother disappeared?

Q. If so, when did she disappear?

Q. Have you any knowledge as to how or why your mother disappeared?

Did LE ask these questions?

Was there an instruction by the Judge or deal between counsel to keep this testimony out of the public eye?

Seems fishy to me.

The only reason Lauren was in the courtroom today was because @NoSI graciously gave up her spot, as Lauren wasn’t credentialed for today.

Fortunately, she was able to make it to the fairgrounds. If you read the responses, a lot of people were very grateful for that.

Close call... but I am in the courtroom thanks to a certain someone who gave up her seat for me... you know who you are! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Aww I had a feeling @NoSI

Kudos to @NoSI! That was an awesome thing to do.

BAM!
BAM!!
BAM!!!

The betrayal Barry felt from agent Grusing, as compared to the betrayal Suzanne would have felt in regard to Barry in her final moments.

The hope that Barry had that he was walking out of court today, compared to the hope Suzanne had for a fresh start.

In your opinion do you think there will be evidence of BM's infidelity? I thought SO and MM (sister) would definitely be called during the PH. I also find it virtually impossible that he was a faithful husband. I think there is some infidelity that if brought to light may have his family turn on him. IMO but I think there far more happening in that arena.

What do you think??
What were your thoughts after the conclusion today?

So funny we all thought it at the time. So grateful for NoSI.

As I understand it, was that BM was slouched and seems to be praying. Maybe , maybe not?
But he has been known to have a proclivity to pray. I pray, I pray a lot. I'm not exactly sure who
I am praying to, but why take a chance?
It reminds me of the last play of the big Championship Game. Everything on the line.
Fame, fortune, the whole nine yards. 38 yard field goal for the glory. As the kicker comes
on the field, the camera pans out and there is 86.7 fans praying.

Ok, the kicker gets ready, set go. Prays to the sky. HUT, HUT !
Oh crap. Wide Right.
IMO

Last edited:
In your opinion do you think there will be evidence of BM's infidelity? I thought SO and MM (sister) would definitely be called during the PH. I also find it virtually impossible that he was a faithful husband. I think there is some infidelity that if brought to light may have his family turn on him. IMO but I think there far more happening in that arena.

What do you think??
What were your thoughts after the conclusion today?
I just don’t know. They did find evidence he was looking, and it’s not like women would be clamoring to come forward and admit to having an affair with a murderer.

So I think it’s more probable than not, but it’s not an absolute thing.

I can say with certainty that he killed his wife, but I can’t say with certainty that he cheated first.

It is not too late.

Sadly, even if Suzanne's remains (skeleton) are found, I doubt they will yield much incriminating evidence as regards her husband, Barry Morphew. It would of course help the case in terms of establishing death, but I doubt there's much to show cause of death (I of course fervently hope that I am wrong about that last part).
But maybe something belonging to BM would be found with her , like a soiled shirt or something that would def tie him to it!

Last edited:
Right now I wonder how much they care about SM? That is what bothers me the most. They are so much for BM that I think he has convinced them that HE is the most important thing in their lives right now. I’m not sure they have processed anything but what he needs. I’m sure he made sure of this.
And think about this. Suzanne didn’t have an ATM card. Barry said he was her ATM! Does he treat his daughters the same way? Has he let them know they have to support him or they are betraying him? It’s always about him after all. I think he and the defense lawyers have convinced them Suzanne ran away and left them. Or maybe that her lover brought someone in to disappear her. Shameful.

The prosecution has a final chance to prove this case needs to be advanced to trial on September 17th.

Let's hope it goes the way it should.

Justice for Suzanne

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...udge-set-to-rule-on-advancing-case-on-sept-17

"An in-person hearing where attorneys will make further arguments for their case will take place on Sept. 17 at 1:30 p.m. Judge Murphy will make this ruling whether to proceed to a trial thereafter, or whether to let Morphew get out on bond. The arrest affidavit in the case, which has remained sealed, will also be addressed."

I missed what Grusing's "betrayal" was. Did we get to "see" any of that in action?

The betrayal BM felt was miniscule compared to Suzanne's but I'm sure he would think otherwise. Was he really crying? For real crying?

I missed what Grusing's "betrayal" was. Did we get to see any of that in action?

The betrayal BM felt was miniscule compared to Suzanne's but I'm sure he would think otherwise. Was he really crying? For real crying?
On the day #BarryMorphew was arrested Grusing was in the back of the car with him and Barry allegedly said "how could you do this to me? I trusted you." @KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1429930584932028427?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member