Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A judge has no control over what's in an arrest affidavit. Law enforcement submits and signs the affidavit. The judge reads what's submitted and if s/he thinks it establishes probable cause, the judge will then issue and sign an arrest warrant.

I have my thoughts regarding ATM Barry. I’ve been trying to be quiet about it but my absolute ever first original thought about loyalty by certain members of the family was $$$$$$$$$. What would happen if that was gone? What would happen to those who knew only one type of lifestyle? No vacations, no Nike Air Force ones custom made, no Louis Vuitton’s , no 100 bathing suits, no range rovers. What happens then ??
Good questions.
The Moorman family have extended a hand of friendship and love more than once, I think.
They may be estranged ?

Also have been wondering if there's a certain amount of fear at play ?
If he is guilty as charged, he could've told them if they don't support him they'll be next ?
Wild thoughts but who knows ?

It's difficult to fathom -- but brainwashing is also a thing.
What if they heard constantly --- "Mom said no you can't go, or you can't do this -- but I say yes you can. She doesn't want you to have fun..."
Something like that ?
MOO.

Good questions.
The Moorman family have extended a hand of friendship and love more than once, I think.
They may be estranged ?

Also have been wondering if there's a certain amount of fear at play ?
If he is guilty as charged, he could've told them if they don't support him they'll be next ?
Wild thoughts but who knows ?

It's difficult to fathom -- but brainwashing is also a thing.
What if they heard constantly --- "Mom said no you can't go, or you can't do this -- but I say yes you can. She doesn't want you to have fun..."
Something like that ?
MOO.
And also, "Mom wants to leave---she doesn't care about this family....Mom doesn't think I should buy you these Range Rovers, but I know you need and deserve them....I think mom has a boyfriend, she doesn't care about keeping this family together..."

Hope you don’t mind Nosi, but you deserve credit for this.

The only reason Lauren was in the courtroom today was because @NoSI graciously gave up her spot, as Lauren wasn’t credentialed for today.

Fortunately, she was able to make it to the fairgrounds. If you read the responses, a lot of people were very grateful for that.

Close call... but I am in the courtroom thanks to a certain someone who gave up her seat for me... you know who you are! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1430189904085102594?s=21

Oh @MassGuy... Pssst!

There is absolutely no credit due. I mean it! It was the right thing to do. She has been such a trooper for Suzanne and put herself out there over and over. She deserved and needed to be there. That's all there is to it. :)

BTW, came up with a new mantra. Will repeat it often for next 3 1/2 weeks...

SCaTMG - Stay Come and Trust MassGuy!!!!! :D

And according to NG, BM is video chatting with 7 women while he's sitting in Chaffee County Jail so there's that.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Scott Reisch said tonight "If I saw BM walking down the street in his true religion jeans all blinged out, i'd think he looked like a douche. Being a douche isn't illegal". Sadly, I believe BM is guilty but I fear there isn't enough evidence to prove it.

And doesn't anybody want to hear from the girls:

How and when the camping trip got planned.

Who paid for it?

Telephone calls before and after Mother’s Day to Mom? To Dad?

Dad’s efforts, if any, to find Mom?

Dad’s statements about Mom’s disappearence.

Why have the murdered mom’s children been kept out of the investigation?
I hope they don't take the stand. I don't think they'd be doing their Mother any favours by doing so. Barry trash talked their Mother for years. I don't think the girls know the real truth.

What if Macy gets up there and says she never said the words that Suzanne said to Sheila? I am afraid the defense is going to try and set that in motion. If the jury begins questioning the texts and the thoughts left behind by Suzanne, this whole case is in jeopardy.

So after 4 days my impression of the prosecution's case is that they have a lot of compelling evidence of a cover up. The cell-phone and truck activity on the evening of the 9th and the morning of the 10th is hard to square with BM's innocence or with his explanations to LE.

They also have pretty convincing evidence that SM stopped communicating with anyone after BM came home on Saturday afternoon. That's hard to square with a theory of Suzanne voluntarily disappearing or of something happening on a bike ride.

They have some evidence of a manner of death. But not a whole lot. The GPS evidence seemed disputable at best. The dart evidence is interesting, but not at all conclusive imo. Without seeing a picture of the cracked door or the scratches, it's hard to know how damning they are. And it's sort of hard for me to put all that evidence together logically. BM uses tranquilizer darts on SM, but still has to break down a door and get close enough her to get scratched? It's possible certainly, but it's a pretty muddy picture they're painting.

They have very little evidence of premeditation. I guess the M1 charge is based on the dart theory? If he tranquilized her and then killed her after she was sedated, then the time period between the tranquilizing and the murder is almost certainly enough to support premeditation. But I'm not sure they presented enough evidence to establish probable cause that the darts were used and then she was killed later.

I'd guess that's what the judge is considering. A M2 charge seems like it should go to trial with no trouble, but M1 is a harder call imo.

Last edited:
And doesn't anybody want to hear from the girls:

How and when the camping trip got planned.

Who paid for it?

Telephone calls before and after Mother’s Day to Mom? To Dad?

Dad’s efforts, if any, to find Mom?

Dad’s statements about Mom’s disappearence.

Why have the murdered mom’s children been kept out of the investigation?

MOO -

Was there a pillow missing from the house? Could that be the pillow that was found in the trash in the hotel room? Maybe he smothered her and needed to get rid of it. Don’t know why it wouldn’t go in one of the 5 garbage dumps if so…

The 11 calls from Barry on Saturday afternoon are the most damning, in my opinion. People who do that tend to do that because they feel they are being ignored and are desperate to talk to the person. It’s a hallmark of many young relationships, and also a controlling behavior. It also speaks to pre-meditation in my mind. He had time to call her 11 times, decide to come home and kill her. Did he find proof she was talking to JL? Had she responded something other than hot tub supplies as their last interaction? I feel like there was a final trigger to send him over the edge. He may not have been planning it to the extent that he waited til the girls were gone, etc, but I think he’d definitely thought about killing her in the past week at LEAST and knew when he got home and opened that car door what he was going to do.

I hope the prosecutors call an expert in domestic violence and abusive behavior to show the patterns here, and to discuss intimate partner violence and how it escalates. That leaving a partner is the most dangerous time, and that husbands don’t “accidentally clip” the sides of their wives noses.

I hope they don't take the stand. I don't think they'd be doing their Mother any favours by doing so. Barry trash talked their Mother for years. I don't think the girls know the real truth.

What if Macy gets up there and says she never said the words that Suzanne said to Sheila? I am afraid the defense is going to try and set that in motion. If the jury begins questioning the texts and the thoughts left behind by Suzanne, this whole case is in jeopardy.

Having lived with someone who lied with impunity on a daily basis I'm sure they'd see nothing wrong with it if they're called to testify. At this point they know they can't save their mother but perhaps they CAN save their father. That's part of the collateral damage of "staying together for the kids." They get to live with and absorb the toxicity and dysfunction and go on to carry it into their own future family for another generation.

So after 4 days my impression of the prosecution's case is that they have a lot of compelling evidence of a cover up. The cell-phone and truck activity on the evening of the 9th and the morning of the 10th is hard to square with BM's innocence or with his explanations to LE.

They also have pretty convincing evidence that SM stopped communicating with anyone after BM came home on Saturday afternoon. That's hard to square with a theory of Suzanne voluntarily disappearing or of something happening on a bike ride.

They have some evidence of a manner of death. But not a whole lot. The GPS evidence seemed disputable at best. The dart evidence is interesting, but not at all conclusive imo. Without seeing a picture of the cracked door or the scratches, it's hard to know how damning they are. And it's sort of hard for me to put all that evidence together logically. BM uses tranquilizer darts on SM, but still has to break down a door and get close enough her to get scratched? It's possible certainly, but it's a pretty muddy picture they're painting. Pe

They have very little evidence of premeditation. I guess the M1 charge is based on the dart theory? If he tranquilized her and then killed her after she was sedated, then the time period between the tranquilizing and the murder is almost certainly enough to support premeditation. But I'm not sure they presented enough evidence to establish probable cause that the darts were used and then she was killed later.

I'd guess that's what the judge is considering. A M2 charge seems like it should go to trial with no trouble, but M1 is a harder call imo.
Barry had to load that dart with tranquilizer chemicals, which in and of itself would equal “deliberation.”

There is a frantic event in the backyard, which Barry admits to with the “chipmunk story.”

An expert said that Suzanne would likely be out in a few minutes.

So the theory appears to be that he shoots her, she runs and locks herself in her bedroom, and he breaks in, damaging the door.

Before she succumbs, she is able to scratch Barry on the shoulder with 3 of her nails (he’s probably on top of her strangling or suffocating her at this point).

So the data shows an event, but even if one doesn’t believe it, Barry says it’s true.

A syringe cap is found in the dryer, and darts in the garage. Barry explains that deer somehow come to his garage area, and he shoots them with darts. It’s as improbable as it is illegal, and no antlers are even found.

Taken alone, the physical evidence doesn’t mean much (darts, door, etc), but Barry’s insane stories shape a picture that seems pretty solid to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95