Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, I think I missed it. What did they say?
It was a short clip, and I’m sure it’ll be on the site shortly.

They said there was a lot for the judge to go over, so they understood.

They expressed confidence in their case.

Said this was a big team effort, and the investigation was still ongoing, as they continue to learn things.

Now would be a really good time for any former mistresses to make themselves known.

How embarrassing would that be!?!

Kind of like how the guys who may have innocently put dna/fingerprints in SM's car -- car detailer, tire swapper, etc -- might have been happy to come forward, offer a buccal swab for comparison, etc -- but now after all the claims of [partial?] matches to sexual assaults, who would subject themselves to that kind of suspicion if they didn't have to? MOO

It was a short clip, and I’m sure it’ll be on the site shortly.

They said there was a lot for the judge to go over, so they understood.

They expressed confidence in their case.

Said this was a big team effort, and the investigation was still ongoing, as they continue to learn things.
Hasn't it been established that he could shoot the dart from a 22? Wouldn't that fit with the live shell being in the bedroom? The defense can try to muddy all they want but Barry is the only one who had the means, the opportunity and the motive to kill Suzanne. His alibi is hilarious, his destruction of evidence is a riot and his lies will be his undoing.
The witnesses will seal the deal.

Barry had to load that dart with tranquilizer chemicals, which in and of itself would equal “deliberation.”

There is a frantic event in the backyard, which Barry admits to with the “chipmunk story.”

An expert said that Suzanne would likely be out in a few minutes.

So the theory appears to be that he shoots her, she runs and locks herself in her bedroom, and he breaks in, damaging the door.

Before she succumbs, she is able to scratch Barry on the shoulder with 3 of her nails (he’s probably on top of her strangling or suffocating her at this point).

So the data shows an event, but even if one doesn’t believe it, Barry says it’s true.

A syringe cap is found in the dryer, and darts in the garage. Barry explains that deer somehow come to his garage area, and he shoots them with darts. It’s as improbable as it is illegal, and no antlers are even found.

Taken alone, the physical evidence doesn’t mean much (darts, door, etc), but Barry’s insane stories shape a picture that seems pretty solid to me.
ITA and IMO BM's downfall will be getting his stories mixed up multiple times in his LE interviews and trying to keep his lies straight.

I do NOT anticipate seeing BM taking the stand........:)

JMO

Hasn't it been established that he could shoot the dart from a 22? Wouldn't that fit with the live shell being in the bedroom? The defense can try to muddy all they want but Barry is the only one who had the means, the opportunity and the motive to kill Suzanne. His alibi is hilarious, his destruction of evidence is a riot and his lies will be his undoing.
The witnesses will seal the deal.
We really need the AA to get a grasp on this.

That live shell in the bedroom means something, but I don’t have a clue what that is.

The 22 also means something, but I don’t know what that is either.

Barry says he shot deer recently with the dart gun (different from the 22), but the initial investigator said it didn’t look like it could fire.

So I don’t know what the hell is going on.

ITA and IMO BM's downfall will be getting his stories mixed up multiple times in his LE interviews and trying to keep his lies straight.

I do NOT anticipate seeing BM taking the stand........:)

JMO
ETA - There will also be the damning testimony of the eight (or nine) public officials he tried to "influence".

IMO, that will bury him...

JMO

For the narcissist, triangulation is a much used strategy. I can see the dynamic played out here.

I absolutely agree with you about the triangulation @rainbowshummingbird !

Tragically, once they moved to Colorado, isolating Suzanne from her friends and other family members, it was a perfect setting for a narcissist.

Last edited:
We really need the AA to get a grasp on this.

That live shell in the bedroom means something, but I don’t have a clue what that is.

The 22 also means something, but I don’t know what that is either.

Barry says he shot deer recently with the dart gun (different from the 22), but the initial investigator said it didn’t look like it could fire.

So I don’t know what the hell is going on.
He also said the dart gun looked like it hadn't been fired in a while and was 'disabled'? Yet, didn't BM say he'd used it recently? Maybe he was hiding the fact that he did indeed use the 22 but wanted to veer away from that fact?
At this point, I'm not sure what caliber shell was found or how I think the dart can be fired by a 22. I looked into it but didn't save anything so I could be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal