Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to hear more about the DNA found on the glove box, that would put reasonable doubt in my mind alone. Just my personal opinion.
You still can’t separate Barry from this, regardless of that DNA.

Some predator didn’t kidnap Suzanne, enter her car, leave her purse, stage a bicycle, dump a helmet, force Barry to lie about when he woke up, put Barry outside when he should have been sleeping, put Barry in the vicinity of the bike, shut down Suzanne’s phone at the precise moment Barry needed it to, force Barry to chase elk towards the helmet location, force him to dump 5 bags of trash, force him to lie about working, force him to lie about where he was when he got that call, force him to lie about the state of their marriage, and Suzanne wanting a divorce.

He didn’t cause Suzanne’s footprint to cease to exist on that afternoon, put Barry’s phone on airplane mode, disappear her journal, scratch Barry’s arms.

Etc, etc, etc.

The General Manager was saying (according to the defense attorneys) that there are two rooms in the hotel that tend to smell of chlorine from the pool and one of those two rooms was the room BM spent most of Mother's Day in.

Lauren Scharf[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']@LaurenScharfTV[/URL]
·
Aug 23

Morgan Gentile stayed in room 228, Jeff Puckett stayed in room 225 (room that #BarryMorphew had stayed in). Judge is asking if the room had been cleaned before Puckett arrived, the investigator didn't know.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
· Aug 23
Another CBI agent went back to the hotel on Sept. 1, 2020 to take photographs after media attention about the chlorine smell in #BarryMorphew room. Eytan found an email from the hotel manager saying that room is above the pool area and still smells like chlorine 4 months later.

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
Aug 23

Defense argues that the General Manager from the hotel told CBI that the room #BarryMorphew was staying in was right above the indoor pool and that it and another room had a strong smell of chlorine from the pool.
@KKTV11News

It’s been nearly 3 months since the arrest affidavit was sealed. Haven’t the daughters by now “processed what has happened and have reviewed, or decided not to review, the evidence alleged against their father?”
My thoughts are things the daughters have said to LE are in that AA. This could cause them undo harassment from family members.

Last edited:
Having a partial match on 3 people from the DNA isn't at all concerning to me. A DNA expert would testify at trial and explain that a partial match isn't saying that DNA belong to a known sexual offender. That means part of the DNA on the glovebox matched DNA of a sexual offender. They could be related far down the tree like 4th + cousins and show as a partial match. Likely a mechanic, car detailer or heck even a person who works at the car lot the car was sold from put that DNA there at some point. That person isn't a sexual offender, their DNA is a partial match to someone that is a known sexual offender. That is what I take from reading about partial matches. It sounds good to say a partial match to a known sexual offender, but partial just means shared DNA, not a full match, so not the person. It's smoke and mirrors stuff.

Point is: BM is flip in almost every instant. When a man claims he is the income producer, bread winner, it drives me crazy. And especially BM saying he was Suzanne’s ATM. The value of a woman cooking, cleaning and raising your kids 24/7 cannot be ignored. My husband works hard but my job at home doesn’t stop. After his supper and a shower and while he is resting, I’m still working. And our kids are grown. So how does his insensitive comment relate to the case? It was brought up in the PH. Maybe showing his mindset of being a bully. I’m just guessing but we will find out if this goes to trial.
ETA: my husband is the best and I am very blessed but he would never even think of making such a flip remark.
A thousand times YES. He was actually bragging. She gave up her career. For a very long time, she gave up her independence and autonomy. All for the man she thought loved her. As if that wasn't enough, he took her life too.

You sweetheart (I think)! Wasn't grok from Stranger in a Strange Land if I remember high school? I was just joking about Groucho.

Yes it was! But I'm the one who went to my first Poli Sci class at university thinking that Groucho Marx was the Marxist the professor wanted us to understand!

And I wasn't joking. There was no wikipedia in those days...

Defense argues that the General Manager from the hotel told CBI that the room #BarryMorphew was staying in was right above the indoor pool and that it and another room had a strong smell of chlorine from the pool.
@KKTV11News

Out of 136 rooms and Barry gets one of 2 rooms with chlorine smells, in a lockdown and restricted travel during Covid Pandemic.
Maybe he specifically requested a room near a pool?

This exactly.

If you look at the bottom of page 2 of the linked court order to seal the AA, there is a single black line of redaction. I’m convinced that short black line, more than any other, is the tell-tale mark that’s protecting the daughters from some truly heinous information. (And IMO it may keep the AA sealed until trial, at which point everything will have to come to light.)

I’ve been playing a game with myself because I don’t want to go into that much conjecture here on WS: But read that redacted sentence, filling in the redaction in your own words using natural language that grammatically follows.

“These young women are in an unimaginable situation and should be given time to process what has occurred and the time to review, or decide not to review, the evidence alleged against their father <<…redacted…>>.”

For me, and IMO, the first redacted word is “by”. And it’s not “by the District Attorney’s office of the State of Colorado”. I think the court is protecting the girls from the very specific, very inflammatory, testimony of a very specific person. To me, personal information is the most logical reason for redacting this part of the sentence’s structure.

But who is it? And what is it they are alleging?

MOO.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf
Hmmm so is everyone in on it? Prosecution didn’t bring up anything earth shattering except the affair which is not IMO enough reason to redact - and the defense repeatedly hammered away at the same testimony perhaps delaying something ? - really great sleuthing here @24Brix i will need to play with that sentence based on some worse case scenarios …
JMO

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
·
Aug 23

Morgan Gentile stayed in room 228, Jeff Puckett stayed in room 225 (room that #BarryMorphew had stayed in). Judge is asking if the room had been cleaned before Puckett arrived, the investigator didn't know.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
· Aug 23
Another CBI agent went back to the hotel on Sept. 1, 2020 to take photographs after media attention about the chlorine smell in #BarryMorphew room. Eytan found an email from the hotel manager saying that room is above the pool area and still smells like chlorine 4 months later.

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
Aug 23

@KKTV11News
"The Investigator didn't know."

This not not hardball.

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
·
Aug 23

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
· Aug 23

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
Aug 23

@KKTV11News
RBBM

I interpreted that to mean Barry's room still reeked of the overwhelming smell of chlorine. It may mean that, something, or nothing at all. I honestly don't know, but thanks for those tweets.

My brain has been mush after these past 2 days. Super heavy and intense all the way around.

Having a partial match on 3 people from the DNA isn't at all concerning to me. A DNA expert would testify at trial and explain that a partial match isn't saying that DNA belong to a known sexual offender. That means part of the DNA on the glovebox matched DNA of a sexual offender. They could be related far down the tree like 4th + cousins and show as a partial match. Likely a mechanic, car detailer or heck even a person who works at the car lot the car was sold from put that DNA there at some point. That person isn't a sexual offender, their DNA is a partial match to someone that is a known sexual offender. That is what I take from reading about partial matches. It sounds good to say a partial match to a known sexual offender, but partial just means shared DNA, not a full match, so not the person. It's smoke and mirrors stuff.
Well said.
Letting that statement "partial match to sex predators" sit there without challenge is not hardball.

I pray that I’m wrong, but the defense may have provided just enough doubt about the DNA in SM’s car to make the judge question the investigation. IMO, it didn’t help that the witnesses for the prosecution didn’t seem to be as prepared as I thought they would be, especially the guy who had only read about the first dozen pages of the AA. I understand that he was on leave until May, but that was four months ago. Again, I pray that I’m wrong because I believe BM is guilty.
Posted yesterday, hope it eases your mind.
It's just a time waster. Note They didn't say "prints"...DNA evidence

Now, if this same DNA EVIDENCE, was also found in the garage, house etc...that's a whole another story, but this is meaningless IMO. Just doing their job.

..."Humans shed DNA continuously, and shed DNA transfers freely between people and objects. DNA can be transferred through a handshake or touching an inanimate object, like a doorknob. Every time you shake someone's hand you might receive some of your acquaintance's DNA, and that of other people..."

..."Similarly, a person identified by a match of DNA discovered at a crime scene may have never come into contact with the object or the person on which his DNA was found. Yet, modern day high-tech CSI investigations do not account for the possibility that the evidence discovered at a crime scene was deposited via touch-transfer"....
(this article is 2 years old...hopefully people are more up to speed)

Framed By Your Own Cells: How DNA Evidence Imprisons The Innocent

I pray that I’m wrong, but the defense may have provided just enough doubt about the DNA in SM’s car to make the judge question the investigation. IMO, it didn’t help that the witnesses for the prosecution didn’t seem to be as prepared as I thought they would be, especially the guy who had only read about the first dozen pages of the AA. I understand that he was on leave until May, but that was four months ago. Again, I pray that I’m wrong because I believe BM is guilty.
I see it a bit differently. Why would ever investigator read the entire AA or know the intricate details of what other investigators did or do in this investigation? This was a massive investigation with multiple agencies looking into various things over the course of a year before this AA was written. The prosecution called each witness and asked them about what they could give testimony on. The defense it seemed asked them questions they would not know the answer to in order to make them look bad. I saw someone else write that it's like going into a restaurant and asking the cook about the cashier procedures. It isn't their piece of the puzzle so why ask them? Well for the defense it's to muddy things up and make it seem like they don't know what they should know.

Exactly, and the judge and all the attorneys know this. It was tossed out into the public by the defense for the headlines. His attorneys know people don't fully understand DNA.

This exactly.

If you look at the bottom of page 2 of the linked court order to seal the AA, there is a single black line of redaction. I’m convinced that short black line, more than any other, is the tell-tale mark that’s protecting the daughters from some truly heinous information. (And IMO it may keep the AA sealed until trial, at which point everything will have to come to light.)

I’ve been playing a game with myself because I don’t want to go into that much conjecture here on WS: But read that redacted sentence, filling in the redaction in your own words using natural language that grammatically follows.

“These young women are in an unimaginable situation and should be given time to process what has occurred and the time to review, or decide not to review, the evidence alleged against their father <<…redacted…>>.”

For me, and IMO, the first redacted word is “by”. And it’s not “by the District Attorney’s office of the State of Colorado”. I think the court is protecting the girls from the very specific, very inflammatory, testimony of a very specific person. To me, personal information is the most logical reason for redacting this part of the sentence’s structure.

But who is it? And what is it they are alleging?

MOO.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf
Swinging wildly: “by some other LE agency”? MOO.

You still can’t separate Barry from this, regardless of that DNA.

Some predator didn’t kidnap Suzanne, enter her car, leave her purse, stage a bicycle, dump a helmet, force Barry to lie about when he woke up, put Barry outside when he should have been sleeping, put Barry in the vicinity of the bike, shut down Suzanne’s phone at the precise moment Barry needed it to, force Barry to chase elk towards the helmet location, force him to dump 5 bags of trash, force him to lie about working, force him to lie about where he was when he got that call, force him to lie about the state of their marriage, and Suzanne wanting a divorce.

He didn’t cause Suzanne’s footprint to cease to exist on that afternoon, put Barry’s phone on airplane mode, disappear her journal, scratch Barry’s arms.

Etc, etc, etc.
Exactly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members