Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did BM not know he was being filmed? Oh my. Guess we are going with the big cat. But at least we know where the bike was found. And who identified the other “article” as Suzanne’s, since they won’t even tell BM what it is. And is that a customary way to handle it?
I think so because only the killer would know what SM had with her when she went missing. BM has said all along he was in Denver. DNA may have identified the article as belonging to SM. I doubt that BM was aware that he was being recorded or that the youtuber intended to post the video and proclaim that Barry threatened him.

JMO

Abducted by a mountain lion, no less.

210k reward offered for her safe return.

If you're a cat, that'll buy you a lot of Meow Mix.

Hugely enticing offer.

JMO.

:D:D:D Yup, that mountain lion better come forward and claim that reward! Meow mix, Temptations, Sheba... That cat would be set for many lifetimes...

I agree

Both, if I understand your question correctly. The encounter seemed very fluid and there was no hesitation from BM at all to just start spewing details. I am sure attempts have been made by reputable journalists, investigators, etc. to reach out and ask him some questions. This is, to my knowledge, the only quasi-interview or appearance since the FB plea. I just think it is out of the ordinary that BM just happens to stumble upon a complete stranger and basically bullet points the who, what, when, where of the case. I have so much more to add about my thoughts relating to attorney motives, setting up a narrative, planting the seed of doubt, faulty procedures in gathering evidence, etc. but there are so many nuggets to sift through in that YT video that I need some time to process it. All JMO

I agree...it is strange how drastically different BM's demeanor is in both his video plea for Suzanne and TD's youtube video clip of him. This case is taking on a life of it's own with lots of disjointed but relevant oddities. The Hitchcock film The Lady Vanishes comes to mind. Lots of disturbing pieces to the weird puzzle of what happened to SM...and where is she????

I know this is prob gonna be unpopular but if BM was not aware of being recorded, I can't help but feel a little bad for the guy. I dunno, it just seems like he trusted the interviewer and was finding some catharsis in talking to him and now he is all over the internet having every move and word dissected by all of us "experts." I know that the interviewer did not have any ill intent etc in his heart and am not being critical of him but I just can't help but feel a little bad. It is also rather telling how fast many of us changed our opinions so fast after seeing the man how he is and not how we picture him or have made him out to be. We tend to fill in the blanks when we don't have a lot of info and we had created quite a monster. I still have no idea about guilt or innocence, I just had those impressions following this video.
Be gentle with me!

Not a follower of dwap, but he had a phone call with TD earlier. TD talks about the vibe he got from BM and why he said he “accidentally “ recorded him. It starts at 45:30.
Total BS, he adjusted the camera several times. No accident but that doesn’t make the content less valuable.
I actually believe he was being opportunistic but BM is less credible every time his lips move. I also am starting to think maybe BM had it all set up. NOBODY else could talk to him yet he is incessantly in the area of question? I’m not totally there but heading that’s the direction my compass is pointing.

If BM did set it up

Important to realize that mountain lions are "in the area" all the time in the Colorado High Country (and at lower elevations too).... That does not at all equal the SM would have been attacked.... Mountain lion in the area does not equal an attack....

Im April at our local hospital...

Attachments

• 20200601_005446.jpg
    20200601_005446.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 83
I’m fascinated at how quickly a secret recording obtained by deliberate lie is being spun as “an interview with BM” as if it were a structured, arranged, formal on-camera discussion. I’ve still got a copy of the now-deleted “preview” video where the Youtuber sets up his claim that it was all accidental and he never knew his phone was recording. Sure, sure.
The exact purpose of my post was because of strong opinions like this. We are all a bit stunned by it IMO and some are trying to figure out TD’s intentions/motives so I thought perhaps you’d like to hear him speak about it himself. He calls it a “raw interview “. I don’t see anyone spinning it as anything else. And the beauty of it is that it’s NOT a structured, arranged interview. TD’s first preview video was only taken down for a couple of hours, it’s still up.
Also, he records with a GoPro not a phone.
I believe he was truly shocked that BM jumped out of his truck and just started talking to him and wasn’t sure if he had hit record for sure, but that’s JMO .MOO

This was my same thought. He may be resigned about Suzanne but he could still be angry if it wasn’t handled well. Or if he thinks it wasn’t handled well. It does not seem like that is the case to me, but it sounds like BLM was onsite pretty quickly so he will have his own opinion. (Hoping for the zebra, people!)

He would be really stupid if it does not jive with what he has said to LE. But I’ve said before that CO is not known for its smart murderers of late.

I’m going to bed; my stomach hurts. :(
He did NOT come off smart....maybe a box of rocks...
I think it is intetesting, just like TS---he took advantage of pushing his ideas.
IMO.... i think the body is somewhere on the way to Denver... like off of a high remote cliff

I am still totally on the fence here. (Or, trying to be, anyway.) But, I can’t help feeling like where he is, where he is searching, is perhaps a diversion? If they see me searching “here,” maybe they won’t look “there.” Hope that makes sense. JMO
Yeah...like get away from the freaking bike scenario... smells like a planted diversion, imo

The exact purpose of my post was because of strong opinions like this. We are all a bit stunned by it IMO and some are trying to figure out TD’s intentions/motives so I thought perhaps you’d like to hear him speak about it himself. He calls it a “raw interview “. I don’t see anyone spinning it as anything else. And the beauty of it is that it’s NOT a structured, arranged interview. TD’s first preview video was only taken down for a couple of hours, it’s still up.
Also, he records with a GoPro not a phone.
I believe he was truly shocked that BM jumped out of his truck and just started talking to him and wasn’t sure if he had hit record for sure, but that’s JMO .MOO
Yeah, I buy that it wasn’t set up. This guy had been in the area for a while, and had a video recorded before Barry even arrived on scene.

My guess is that Barry spotted him, either visually or through a security system. I disagree as to if it was an intentional recording or not though. You can see him adjusting the camera on a few occasions.

I said this before, but if I tried that, I’d still record either my pocket or the ground.

It’s raw, and I only wish he had asked more direct questions. It’s nice to hear from the loving husband of a missing wife though.

Please

watch this video as well. This was when Ty arrived and was trying to get a feel for the area, property, the M house etc. He stumbled upon BM’s truck, BM only partially clothed and wet. The whole thing gets more and more strange. The tree at the base of the driveway clearly states there is video surveillance....

<modsnip: The video has been allowed because it is an interview with Barry Morphew. Please don't discuss moderation.>

He didn't 'stumble upon BM's truck.' It approached him from behind as he was walking on the side of the road and he barely glanced at it. He claims that the pick-up truck that passed him belonged to Barry because it had Indiana plates. That's it. He further embellishes by claiming Barry was shirtless, soaking wet, and looked distraught. Amazing how he saw all of that in a pickup that approached him from behind and was moving very quickly. On another video he claimed Barry threatened him. I heard no threat. I seriously doubt BM or SM drive vehicles still licensed in Indiana. It would not surprise me if close friends and family are visiting from Indiana during what has to be an incredible stressful time for everyone.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I of course do not know this guy at all. However, IMO, I sense a lot of exaggeration when he talks. The one upper guy, the guy that caught the biggest fish on the lake that day.

I suppose it’s possible he’s just out there spinning his wheels. He’s probably not one to be idle.
He is quick to cast blame and toot his own horn...i think there is a personality disorder there.... she could be anywhere ... imo

<modsnip: The video has been allowed because it is an interview with Barry Morphew. Please don't discuss moderation.>

He didn't 'stumble upon BM's truck.' It approached him from behind as he was walking on the side of the road and he barely glanced at it. He claims that the pick-up truck that passed him belonged to Barry because it had Indiana plates. That's it. He further embellishes by claiming Barry was shirtless, soaking wet, and looked distraught. Amazing how he saw all of that in a pickup that approached him from behind and was moving very quickly. On another video he claimed Barry threatened him. I heard no threat. I seriously doubt BM or SM drive vehicles still licensed in Indiana. It would not surprise me if close friends and family are visiting from Indiana during what has to be an incredible stressful time for everyone.

JMO
Regardless, all that matters is that Barry was the one speaking. We know it is Barry, and that fact is not in dispute.

It’s newsworthy for that reason, and that reason alone. It doesn’t matter that the interviewer is undoubtedly a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
"
ARE MOUNTAIN LIONS DANGEROUS?

FAQdangerous.png

To deer, yes! To people, not so much. Human encounters with mountain lions are rare and the risk of an attack is infinitely small. You are more likely to drown in your bathtub, be killed by a pet dog, or hit by lightning. If lions had any natural urge to hunt people, there would be attacks every single day. Instead, they avoid us."

Yeah... sounds like that is what happened... :rolleyes:

Source: Frequently Asked Questions About Mountain Lions

Yeah, I buy that it wasn’t set up. This guy had been in the area for a while, and had a video recorded before Barry even arrived on scene.

My guess is that Barry spotted him, either visually or through a security system. I disagree as to if it was an intentional recording or not though. You can see him adjusting the camera on a few occasions.

I said this before, but if I tried that, I’d still record either my pocket or the ground.

It’s raw, and I only wish he had asked more direct questions. It’s nice to hear from the loving husband of a missing wife though.
On second thought, I have to agree that he knew he was recording. I got a bit over zealous in my defense lol. As usual, you are our voice of reason, MG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph