Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please

watch this video as well. This was when Ty arrived and was trying to get a feel for the area, property, the M house etc. He stumbled upon BM’s truck, BM only partially clothed and wet. The whole thing gets more and more strange. The tree at the base of the driveway clearly states there is video surveillance....

Interesting comment TD made on this video Saturday night. So, did he go to police or did they just happen to drive by and stop to talk to him? Hmm.

Attachments

• 5675D31B-6AC3-49FB-A81E-4FF9E9D342FC.jpeg
    5675D31B-6AC3-49FB-A81E-4FF9E9D342FC.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 90
What I find really interesting right now is thinking back to Barbara Thomas - her husband has been criticized for not doing his own searches. Yet here is an individual (who is seriously under WS suspicion) out looking for his missing wife but it will change very few opinions.

Also, that bag of food was weird. Does anyone know what the paper was to which the video blogger was comparing the handwriting?
The bag of food was weird but even more weird is the claim the handwriting matches BM. If the bag was evidence LE or one of the searchers would have collected it.

JMO

The exact purpose of my post was because of strong opinions like this. We are all a bit stunned by it IMO and some are trying to figure out TD’s intentions/motives so I thought perhaps you’d like to hear him speak about it himself. He calls it a “raw interview “. I don’t see anyone spinning it as anything else. And the beauty of it is that it’s NOT a structured, arranged interview. TD’s first preview video was only taken down for a couple of hours, it’s still up.
Also, he records with a GoPro not a phone.
I believe he was truly shocked that BM jumped out of his truck and just started talking to him and wasn’t sure if he had hit record for sure, but that’s JMO .MOO
I really doubt BM just "jumped out of the truck and started talking to him." TD is a complete stranger. I think he totally misrepresented himself and pretended he wanted to help search. What BM spent time telling him is the areas that had been extensively searched and because the areas have been extensively searched, they don't believe SM was the victim of a mountain lion attack.

He calls it a "raw interview" but interviews with media are done with permission and the media must identify themselves. TD lied to BM and BM may have revealed to him details that the media don't know. TD is pretending he wants to help find SM but what he's really doing is trying to find out what BM knows about the case. He's also bending over backwards trying to implicate BM. <modsnip: Removed accusation.>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt BM just "jumped out of the truck and started talking to him." TD is a complete stranger. I think he totally misrepresented himself and pretended he wanted to help search. What BM spent time telling him is the areas that had been extensively searched and because the areas have been extensively searched, they don't believe SM was the victim of a mountain lion attack.

He calls it a "raw interview" but interviews with media are done with permission and the media must identify themselves. TD lied to BM and BM may have revealed to him details that the media don't know. TD is pretending he wants to help find SM but what he's really doing is trying to find out what BM knows about the case. He's also bending over backwards trying to implicate BM. <modsnip: Removed accusation>

JMO

As much as I wanted more information, I am disappointed that TD filmed this without BM permission. I don’t think it was staged at all.

For the posts questioning why BM was out there, I feel if someone I loved went missing and I had no answers I would definitely go back to the area they last were and search for any clues I could find. He looked sad to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
From TD video does anyone have a map view of where the bike went down? After seeing the video is it possible that she could have gone down the hill and into the water. I didn’t realize how fast the water was moving until after TD’s first video. That definitely makes sense on why they were searching it. Or maybe someone ran her off the road and she was injured and they went to take her to the hospital and she passed on the way and they panicked? I’m just trying to come up with other scenarios besides abduction, cat, or Someone close to her harming her. If anyone has a closer picture of the hill where her bike was found can you post it?

Can I conjecture about a predator who may live in the area and is somewhat of a cyclist?
I do some of my best sleuthing while sleeping. Niggling bits of unconnected dots...
Why has LE not wanted to disclose item found was bike? Does it really make or break a case against someone who already knows this fact?
Why has LE NOT focused on biking aspect? This has even caused area cyclists to wonder.
Why have we been steered away from the bike?MOO
Why have we been shut down so completely on certain areas of sleuthing? Clearly those closest to SM need to be cleared.
niggling ..minor vandalism on bike trails? testing the waters?MOO
We have always said the bike was a pivotal point?
Not suggesting she was abducted on bike, that was done w/ van matching paint on bike...the stalking may have been on bike, or connected to this sport.
IMO, I would locate every known sexual offender in general area, and see if there are any cyclists on that list, what vehicle, also check their jobs.
If I were a criminal, (IANC), I promise you, I would NOT stage an abduction in my front yard!
I would do this while also checking every nook and cranny of the more probable poi,
IMO
I would be carefully pursuing the bike theory.
The less public pressure on pseudo cyclist could increase SM survival chances...JMO
I do not want to sleuth cyclists, I believe that is just a cover for a predator.
JMO, I might put a general news item out about a similar incident involving cyclist, just as a heads up to future potential victims.
I base this theory on my vast novel reading, true crime reading, CSI, tv, movies, of these I am an expert.I am trying so hard not to cross TOS, not my intention.
I have completely ruled out mountain lion
theory even if BM still believes...it may be the lesser evil.
Good nite y’all!

Here we are again with that word "charming" ...it's come up in a couple of threads regarding BM.

I have posted before the use of Charming here is an apt descriptor for BM.

And one of the definitions of charming
Control or achieve by or as if by magic. "pretending to charm a cobra" · "she will charm your warts away"

YES! Remember that the definition of a sociopath or psychopath (think Ted Bundy) includes ALL of the positive words many have used to describe BM based on this brief video--charming, good guy, intelligent, go getter, friendly, etc.

Of course, BM is going to be personable and charming and on his best behavior right now. Note that we can't see much body language, and IF he is a guy that would hurt SM, he's the kind of person who would be cool, calm and collected and a decent liar. He's in the fight of his life (esp if he hurt SM). Note that I'm saying "if."

It was actually odd to me how chummy he was with a stranger--exchanging phone numbers?! Really? BM said they had plenty of help and LE doesn't want random searchers.

Imagine if his CHILD was missing and not his spouse. Would his casual demeanor have seemed appropriate (esp the lion comment). It was SO obvious to me that he was trying to take control of the narrative and distract attention away from himself. He's smart, but not as smart as he thinks he is, and those of us who have followed true crime for years or are interested in psychology have seen variations on the following tactics/behaviors so many times:

a) imply that the crime scene was contaminated b) explain why no evidence might remain if there was a lion attack, c) speak calmly about his wife being ripped to pieces and eaten alive, d) bring up the idea of a wreck AND a river that took SM far off the road, e) criticize law enforcement, f) contradict LE and persist with theories that they've discredited, g) make completely impossible claims regarding his team's search efforts, h) align himself with "the good guys" by bringing up his military hero friend who's helping out.

My goodness, he was masterful. He could not have fit in any more deflection if he'd tried.

We've gotten used to total idiots commiting these types of crimes over the past few years, then making laughable public statements (Leticia Stauch, Chris Watts, and a few others that I can't remember at the moment.) Let's not confuse BMs above average intelligence, confidence, and ability to string a coherent sentence together with innocence. Just sayin' ;-). .

Last edited:
Wow.

There's a lot to unpack here.

It's hard to know where to begin.

He says in this video that he was in Denver on Sunday getting set up for a job.

That he had some guys who work for him coming in on Sunday night.

What we've read in MSM is that he was in Denver for firefighter training.

That's a significant discrepancy.

JMO.
^^bbm

Only if you believed DM and MSM that cited them!

On May 20, DM was first to report that BM said he was at fire training in Denver when SM vanished on. The following day, Crimeonline contacted the Fire Chief but was unable to verify the fire training claim cited by DM. (DM has since been reporting that "according to a relative" BM was at fire training).

Meanwhile in Colorado --all local MSM media had been reporting only that BM was in Denver. Local MSM began reporting about Denver on May 13 when nephew TN gave his first audio-only interview. Local media never joined claim by DM about fire training and continued to report BM was in Denver, period.

And now Barry validated the Fire Chief's statement that he thought BM was in Denver for a Landscape job.

Can't wait for the depositions of BM's crew to learn exactly what BM accomplished on Sunday when he conveniently worked alone, allegedly until near 7 pm!

I heard him say he was preparing a job in Denver on Sunday for his crew to arrive on Monday morning. His girls were coming in to spend Mother’s Day with their mom but their arrival time was held up so when they called to tell their mom, she didn’t answer and they were concerned. Barry told them to call the neighbor to check their mom.

What Tyson Draper said at the end threw me for a loop. He said BM told him if he found out he was media, he would go after him. I didn’t hear that. There is lots to hear.
Actually, didn't BM say his crew was arriving Sunday night?

Wow! BLM appears to be standing on CR 225 when he motioned in the direction of Fooses Lake and said it (the bicycle) was to the right, and up the hill. That would seem to me to describe the Fooses Dam Bridge, but I can't be sure that's what he was indicating! It sounds like he came immediately from Denver, and was an active participant in the search. IMO
I believe you misheard BLM. He definitely said bike in the ravine, not bridge, and tire was facing upward-- but it seemed BM had second thoughts about releasing the tire info.

Yea I'm not sure what guys he is talking about I thought the fire dept was not allowed to search on this case so he must be talking about the guys he works with in Denver. I am confused as to why LE is not the one setting up the searches like we see on most cases, I think they know a lot we don't.
Firefighters were not allowed to join the police search but they could not be stopped from searching independently with BM-- which they did (according to nephew TN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895