Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the help of numerous volunteers, there is no way they've successfully searched 14 square miles.

Afaik, there weren't any large groups walking around, looking for Suzanne.

To thoroughly comb an area that size, LE would need the assistance of nearly the entire adult population of that town.
And from available sources and comments here, Suzanne's town wasn't a large one.
So it didn't happen.
Imo.

Could they use drones? I don't know if they could work for the trees, or if there are different trails where a drone could be used. My brain over thinking! :)

^^sbm
Wow -- can you please share the source where you learned Ty waited to upload the video until after he spoke to LE and counsel.

I listened to his interview with a blogger yesterday (after video uploaded) and I never got the impression cited above. Thanks!

FWIW...I heard it too. He was back and forth on SM all morning about whether to post or not...finally he was going to get a 'legal opinion". It was hours before he actually posted, I wasn't sure the video really existed and was surprised to see it pop up here as TY is not MSM and an unknown but there is no denying that is Barry.

So he might have been there when the bike was found, maybe the nephew also. That could explain why the nephew stated/asked media to ask about what shape the bike was in. Or maybe BM was upset about it and mentioned it to the nephew, either way they were upset about the bike for some reason. Also from watching the video yesterday I felt like it was 'man talk'. Not T-Splaining but Men-Splaining. ;) IMO, sort of like one upping, 'Oh yeah, he did 400 tours of duty, Searched 200 square miles radius. That sort of thing.
I don't think that BLM ever served on active duty in the military himself, and his friend is a veteran of a very elite regiment, with their own language and a requirement that every soldier be highly skilled in reconnaissance. I don't personally care whether it's 400 or 40 or 4; my opinion is that BLM selected a highly qualified man to lead his private search. JMO

There were two videos. #1 was TD entering Maysville, walking the area, approaching the M residence driveway etc. He was alone and narrating what the terrain looks like, how busy the road(s) are etc. Also This is when the bag “Day #4” that has been referred to was found. It was next to a mile marker in a field. In this video he walks by the river and past two vehicles before arriving at his Red truck. One of the parked vehicles was BM’s truck and it was empty. When he begins his walk down the “bike path” BM comes out of the trees (in TD’s words) shirtless, soaking and distraught gets in his truck and then drives away. Supposedly, BM returns and TD is there and they have the conversation you have now seen. I posted video #1 last night but I didn’t download it. He waited to post the video we have been discussing until he spoke to LE and an attorney for some legal advice.

This whole thing is so bizarre.

Edited to read Truck not trick.:eek:

Did the topic of a polygraph come up in any of the videos?

I agree that it seems like LE would have found some sign of her being dragged away.

In that area of the country, cougars scare me more than black bears. Because they are stealthy and stalk from a distance so you dont usually know they are even there until they decide to pounce and attack. My understanding is they will usually grab their prey by the throat if they can and they like to drag off their prey to a secluded area to feed on the prey.

If a cougar had taken her and was in a hurry to run away, my guess is it would go uphill because it is easier for them to run uphill. Have you ever seen how a cat can easily scramble up stuff but when going down, it is harder on them. Similar to humans too how we can sometimes climb up serious stuff but not be able to get down. So, if I had to guess which way a cougar would go, I would guess uphill too like BM did. But I would also have guessed search dogs or LE would have seen some sign around the scene of the bike so I dont put the cougar up there too high in this case. It is just interesting to me because I dont think a lot of people know how it can and does happen in areas where cougars exist. Not many states are known for a decent size cougar population. Colorado is one of them though.

I've never seen one in the wild but I have read up a lot about them and their behaviors.

The main attacks on humans are children and smaller frame adults although I would not put it past them to attack even larger adults if hungry enough. Cougars are very strong and powerful and could easily drag off someone the size of SM if one had attacked her. They could take someone even heavier if hungry enough, but they are not dumb and they want to take on something they know they could easily subdue and drag away.

The 2nd last link below states...
"Adult males are around 2.4 m (7.9 feet) long from nose to tail tip.....Males generally weigh 53 to 100 kg (117 to 220 pounds)...."

The 1st link and below article I found today is interesting as it gets further down in the article. Talks a lot about actual cases.

Killer Cougars

Cougar - Wikipedia

Q I have about the cougar, is, how is there no blood? You would think in an attack on an adult, she would have some oportunity to at least try to fight back, and wouldn't there be blood that even if humans missed, that dogs would scent?

^^bbm

Very interesting ordeal. I wondered why Ty even replied to BM that he was not recording when he was never even asked that question. BM simply asked Ty to put it away.

Since the video was released here, Ty gave an interview explaining he was so shocked and caught up in the moment when BM got out of his vehicle and walked up to him that he didn't know 100% if the camera was off or on but admits how as reality set in that he was walking alongside a POI in a murder investigation that he started batting at his pocket hoping to insure the camera was on and recording.

I have no idea what recording device Ty was using but I'm aware that bodycams used by LE in my area are turned/off on by tapping.

My only hope here is that Ty shared the recording with LE before it was ever uploaded to youtube.

I think I'm most interested in and looking forward to information released by LE.

What an awful situation for the families of this couple. JMO.
JMO I find myself in my usual position, I generally see both sides of an argument, etc
Everyone makes excellent points one side of the other. JMO this may HAVE been commented on...if something had happened o my spouse and I was looking for her? I would be curious about a single person out and about. I actually might be open to talking w/ him...but then, I am paranoid.
The following is MOO: From the hidden or unhidden video, I am unable to get a warm fuzzy feeling of BM. My feeling (if true) does not equate to any crime.

I find him not charming at all, boorish, a Super Alpha male (who would shoot the last elephant on earth for sport), not terribly bright or well educated, controlling, and arrogant. He was married to a beautiful woman and had two beautiful daughters, the older one is the spitting image of Suzanne.

BM: 1:08 "lion the officer SEEN it walk by the car."
JMO I have had several good friends and some acquaintances whose grammar somewhat appalled me at first. I got to know them better and found them to be intelligent , quite interesting people. They may get every other tense right, but that “i seen” would always pop up. JMO, some of this relative to the area of the country they were raised in...I am not English major, but I did actually research it? Colloquiums or syntax?
Sorta like y’all, and you guys, or youse guys...soda or pop, at first it may seem uneducated or not so smart...nope JMO

This had to be the strangest part of the video to me. I agree, too many details from the husband when he allegedly arrived home after dark.

First, we know from nephew TN that the bike was located on Sunday so that leaves the hours 5:45 pm to midnight.

Then, we have BM blaming LE for allowing 10 people to touch the bike -- suggesting they contaminated evidence, and how BM seemed to have so much knowledge about the bike to the point he seemed to catch himself as he was talking about the position of the tire. This practically screamed to me that the husband knows far too much about the bike!

JMO

Then as BM is describing MD he says, “then we went”, as if he then took action when the neighbor said the car was there but her bike was not. I found that one of the stranger things he said. It’s peculiar just as the “let me show you what happened” is.

Q I have about the cougar, is, how is there no blood? You would think in an attack on an adult, she would have some oportunity to at least try to fight back, and wouldn't there be blood that even if humans missed, that dogs would scent?

JMO
I agree there should have been some sign of an animal attack around the bicycle. However, I actually could see where if she was riding along and a cougar charged at her from the side, it could have knocked her and her bike off the side of the road and she may have gotten knocked out if she hit her head.
The cougar is mainly interested in capturing its prey in their jaws and dragging it away to a secluded area. So long as the prey is not fighting back, the cougar would mainly be just dragging it away. So depending on if its teeth punctured just muscle or not, there may have not been as much blood at the scene of the attack. Odds are there would have been at least some I would think. It all depends of course on where it would bite and hold onto its prey to drag it off.

I've witnessed a coyote take one of my chickens and it was sad as I tried to chase it off. But it grabbed it and just ran off. The poor chicken flapping its wings the whole time and obviously not dead yet as they disappeared into the woods.

Regardless, all that matters is that Barry was the one speaking. We know it is Barry, and that fact is not in dispute.

It’s newsworthy for that reason, and that reason alone. It doesn’t matter that the interviewer is undoubtedly a liar.
A liar or an accomplice ... moo.
But who really believes that LE trained searchers essentially handpicked by the Sheriff would touch the bike with their bare hands? Disturb the bike? They leave bodies in place without touching a thing until forensics is done collecting evidence surrounding the body.
Especially a sheriff with his credentials ... 27 years of experience on Denver crime scenes would be hard to forget... not to mention, according to BM’s own words, he wasn’t there but this is how it happened ... imo.

I don't think that BLM ever served on active duty in the military himself, and his friend is a veteran of a very elite regiment, with their own language and a requirement that every soldier be highly skilled in reconnaissance. I don't personally care whether it's 400 or 40 or 4; my opinion is that BLM selected a highly qualified man to lead his private search. JMO
JMO, ITA, He had confidence in him! If I needed a tracker, I know which friend I would call. IMO BM isn’t bragging about himself, he is reassuring himself. IMO, at this point an innocent man would be second guessing himself just as much as a guilty one.

Interesting! My opinion after 58 years in Colorado and very familiar with Salida & Buena Vista area, it’s bad publicity in a tourist dependent area, especially this year.
I stay away from perfect towns that feel the need to lie to make a few dollars at the expense of the safety and survival of it's more vulnerable citizens.

They are disgusting and repulsive communities - willing to sacrifice someone vulnerable for an illusion - communities like this slowly rot.

To me... he has a lot of Narcissist traits
He’s so great...let me tell you what happened
He’s better than L.E. ....They messed up the evidence
He’s a victim ...of others compromising that bike scene
It’s not his fault...he was given HER okay to leave her alone Mother’s Day
He totally blame shifts in all directions...arms up, pointing
(He actually shifts scrutiny to an ANIMAL )
He’s a master salesman ie; ....his buddy who served 20o tours...his school friends who searched 200..his private investigator...

MOO
Totally agree. What stands out, to me, is BM’s detailed description of where and how the bike was found. Unless he saw a photo of the bike in situ, how does he know the wheel was facing anything? How does he know LE allowed cars and people to destroy evidence? That whole statement about the bike and LE destroying evidence doesn’t sit right with me. He has the FBI, CBI, Sheriff’s office and other agencies investigating his wife’s disappearance. That’s a huge response, all dedicated to finding his wife, but he wants to criticize their methods. I think he’s really angry because LE isn’t sharing anything with him. Their silence is starting to get to him.

I also think BM tends to exaggerate. The tours his buddy did and the 200 mile radius he and his group searched are improbable claims, at best. To be fair, he could simply be misspeaking but, to me, it looks like he’s trying too hard to show what a great husband he is. I’m such a devoted husband. I’m offering a huge reward and searching the entire state to find my wife!

The missing person poster put out by the Chaffee County sheriff's office does not have any description of Suzanne Morphew. It does not describe her height, weight, hair color or eye color. These things are usually in a missing person poster. So I agree with Lietkynes, it very unusual. But if you have seen a poster from LE with a description, please link it. Thanks

The news release the Sheriff released on May 11, 2020 on Facebook has multiple photos of Suzanne. I think her actual photo is far more helpful to the public than knowing someone's weight or eye color. It's really no big deal to me. I think LE know what they are doing.

JMO

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

I missed the video. It has been removed.

I found BM's inclination to provide a lot of extraneous details somewhat disconcerting:
JMO.

Quote from Wiki page for "Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker:

"Too many details. If a person is lying they will add excessive details to make themselves sound more credible to their chosen victim".

Regarding BM's lack of emotion described by many of those who did see the video

Some men of his age were strongly discouraged from showing emotion when they were very young. Some were punished if they did, and it stays with them for life. They can't even access their emotions as grown ups even when they want to, and it would be appropriate to do so. My father, brother and ex husband were all like this. I have known a LOT of men who never revealed their emotions, except maybe anger. ("Stiff upper lip").

Goes for women too. Growing up we were not permitted to show emotion in my home. The morning my beloved dad died in my arms after a long hard struggle, I drove home, picked up my 12 yr old and took him to the mall to buy a cordless phone. No tears. Numb and exhausted. Didn't cry at the funeral. Took me years to actually shed tears, which I did in private.

He might be completely distraught and destroyed, but don't expect to see it on the outside.
Everyone is different.

It looks like that nephew has gone very silent.
No more public interviews and I wonder if he's answered any reporters ?
I also want to know if LE told him that they found the bike ?
IF not, where did he get that info. ?

According to Reporter Lauren Scharf (FB Live), TN initially gave reporters specific parameters on how to contact him for answers to limited, predefined issues but that he simply stopped responding on May 17. Members here also observed that the Official Missing FB page for SM also ceased updating on this date. I don't believe TN under any obligation here and may be honoring requests larger than the public's desire to know.

To my knowledge, TN was the sole source that provided MSM that the bike was located on Sunday. No information has been confirmed by LE. However, based on BM's interview on 5/31, it seems to me that BM most likely informed TN when the bike was recovered.

The next unconfirmed MSM bike news came from others including the bike was located 1) leaning against a tree; 2) leaning on a bridge; and most recently 3) located under the bridge -- all which seem to be incorrect if you believe BM (and Fire Chief) that bike was located in a ravine.

MOO

And just for giggles, here's NG's latest podcast title:

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
Gorgeous Colorado mom missing: Was her bike found UNDER a bridge?

SEE IT: Husband of missing Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew shares details of wife’s disappearance in secret recording, suggesting she may have been kidnapped [VIDEO]

I think she's trying to say 'the bike was not on the bridge, if it's true.'

Last edited:
I think I would be personally awestruck if I had just seen my spouse that morning, gave him a kiss goodbye & left for work. Then, hours later he is missing. I would think, how could that be? I just saw him, spoke to him! I would perseverate on that last moment that I saw him & touched him.
ETA IMO
THIS... anyone who has lost someone knows this ... those last few moments, that last day, is cherished, held close and carried like a close for years ...
I remember talking about my brothers death, trying to figure out what happened... but I could never speculate or discuss without emotions welling up ...
Maybe he’s on some type of anxiety meds that are causing him to appear unaffected and cold? Otherwise, it appears he really isn’t very upset over the loss. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia