Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I linked an article quoting the Sheriff stating volunteers weren't needed because they were using professionals to search. It's not illegal for BM and friends to search on their own.

JMO

More than 100 help search for missing woman in Chaffee County
They didn't need them. They had their own qualified LE searching.

"...they have been warned off by police.

Tim Nelson, 33, said: 'The Sheriff's office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there.

'They can't keep us out of the forest so that's what some of the others have done – they set up their own little search party.'

Nelson added: 'It's a bad deal you know. They aren't telling us anything. We got excluded from everything."

Superposition: they can't stop them from searching.

That said, it is obvious they've been purposely left out of the loop. Without the loop they could use up money and time in rehashing territory already searched. Without the loop they could search and trample areas and contaminate evidence.

LE said no. They were warned off!!

The "personal item" belonging to SM found by LE searchers was announced in the Chaffee County Sheriff Bulletin dated Friday May 15, 2020. The bicycle was discovered the morning of Monday May 11, 2020. It is doubtful that the two were in close proximity. IMO
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

There's no confirmation by LE if/when the bike located. According to audio interview by nephew TN, the bike was located by LE on Sunday. TN also used his update on the bike to request that the reporter implore the public to contact the Sheriff to request details on the condition of the bike recovered.

Did MSM take liberties elsewhere and report the bike discovered in the morning May 11, 2020? If so, please tell.

I think the same way too. He is under a lot of pressure and he is assuring himself that he has it under control. He is reminding himself of his defence possibilities. They don't have a body, she is still considered missing, I put up a reward for any information, the evidence was tampered with (his so-called friend is a witness to that), the mountain lion is a possibility since they were seen around. LE thinks she was abducted, LE said he is cleared... I think everything he said in that conversation was what he is constantly thinking and rehearsing in his head to convince anyone who is willing to listen about his innocence. MOO

To me... he has a lot of Narcissist traits
He’s so great...let me tell you what happened
He’s better than L.E. ....They messed up the evidence
He’s a victim ...of others compromising that bike scene
It’s not his fault...he was given HER okay to leave her alone Mother’s Day
He totally blame shifts in all directions...arms up, pointing
(He actually shifts scrutiny to an ANIMAL )
He’s a master salesman ie; ....his buddy who served 20o tours...his school friends who searched 200..his private investigator...

MOO

Last edited:
There were two videos. #1 was TD entering Maysville, walking the area, approaching the M residence driveway etc. He was alone and narrating what the terrain looks like, how busy the road(s) are etc. Also This is when the bag “Day #4” that has been referred to was found. It was next to a mile marker in a field. In this video he walks by the river and past two vehicles before arriving at his Red truck. One of the parked vehicles was BM’s truck and it was empty. When he begins his walk down the “bike path” BM comes out of the trees (in TD’s words) shirtless, soaking and distraught gets in his truck and then drives away. Supposedly, BM returns and TD is there and they have the conversation you have now seen. I posted video #1 last night but I didn’t download it. He waited to post the video we have been discussing until he spoke to LE and an attorney for some legal advice.

This whole thing is so bizarre.

Edited to read Truck not trick.:eek:
bbm
The video with his mom and the U-haul truck ?
Wonder what was being transported ?
Yes, it's a nosy question.

I am going to find a link and will post it here if possible.

Eta :Imo, At least his family is supporting him, even if few others.
Wonder if that will change ?

Last edited:
I have no clue, of course, because I don't know the family personally, but my guess is that it was a routine practice for him to allow Mother's day to be her day with their children. I think that is admirable and selfless, but you don't. We are not going to agree.
It sounds to me like he had a big job in Denver, and it would be natural for him to be there in advance to have everything ready for the actual work to proceed smoothly. That's what contractors who have multiple employees or subs do. Obviously, LE checked out his story. Ultimately, as has been pointed out over and over, someone had to pay for that million and a half dollar house. Working harder and longer seems to me like a logical and honest way to accomplish that task.
IMO
My husband is a GS in Construction and when he has an early Monday morning job, if it’s less than 3-4 hrs, he leaves Monday AM ... his guys don’t need their hands held if they arrive earlier because they are farther away... and as for someone “has to pay for that house” haven’t we determined it was PAID FOR? I’m sure SM worked just as hard to maintain their home ... JMO.

That's not what the transcript says. [Upthread #485. I hope I've cited this correctly this time around; I've already mangled the citation once.] It says 200 miles radius that BM searched. 200 miles gets you to Fort Collins (up near Wyoming) and into New Mexico. That's 125,000 square
But even 200 square miles would be insane. Even 14 square miles would be nuts.
This is mountainous terrain, with nooks, crannies, ravines, stream beds.... You couldn't even do it with a helicopter fly-over. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Respectfully, I wonder where he got that figure? JMO, Did his ranger friend come up with that number? I have no doubt the ranger would know this fact, and the 400 deployments as well...neither “exaggeration” speaks to BM guilt. The first would have reassured BM, the second would have given him confidence in his friend.
IMO a ranger WOULD have found SM.

H'mmmm.........SM's hometown Anderson, Indiana Herald newspaper has featured this story nine times, while the Chaffee County Times (Colorado) has not run the story at all. Could it be that people in Chaffee County just don't talk as much?

heraldbulletin.com
chaffeecountytimes.com | The Chaffee County Times | Buena Vista, Chaffee County Colorado, breaking news, entertainment, sports, classifieds
Interesting! My opinion after 58 years in Colorado and very familiar with Salida & Buena Vista area, it’s bad publicity in a tourist dependent area, especially this year.

bbm
Did he think she might have ridden her bike in that direction ?
Towards Denver ?
That city seems to come up a lot in this case.
A family member said at the beginning of the investigation that BM had business in Denver.

Later refuted by the fire chief.

Speaking of which... has he had anything to add lately ?

Why this extra information that's not needed, and wasn't asked for ?
Maybe just because some people are tougher to figure out.

Did anyone else know that she was riding her bike that day ?
Tbh, I doubt there was a bike ride.
Imo.
BBM
I don't think the fire chief said BM didn't have business that day in the Denver area, just he didn't with the fire dept. Imo he could have had other business in the Denver area that day.

There's no confirmation by LE if/when the bike located. According to audio interview by nephew TN, the bike was located by LE on Sunday. TN also used his update on the bike to request that the reporter implore the public to contact the Sheriff to request details on the condition of the bike recovered.

Did MSM take liberties elsewhere and report the bike discovered in the morning May 11, 2020? If so, please tell.
LE has never said they found the bike. For that information, I use the same non-LE sources that you do. Sunday night or Monday morning really doesn't matter. It is not reasonable to believe that LE searched the same small area continually for five days before finding their next clue. IMO

Without the help of numerous volunteers, there is no way they've successfully searched 14 square miles.

Afaik, there weren't any large groups walking around, looking for Suzanne.

To thoroughly comb an area that size, LE would need the assistance of nearly the entire adult population of that town.
And from available sources and comments here, Suzanne's town wasn't a large one.
So it didn't happen.
Imo.

Interesting! My opinion after 58 years in Colorado and very familiar with Salida & Buena Vista area, it’s bad publicity in a tourist dependent area, especially this year.

Good point.

JMO
I recall the same sort of thing in the Heather Elvis case when the locals chimed in. They said their local officials around Myrtle Beach like to downplay any serious incidents or murders because vacationers and tourists bring $$$ and they dont typically like to blast bad news all over their local media.

That murder got major national attention so the local reporting sort of got pushed aside and did not matter as much.

It looks like that nephew has gone very silent.
No more public interviews and I wonder if he's answered any reporters ?
I also want to know if LE told him that they found the bike ?
IF not, where did he get that info. ?

^^bbm

Very interesting ordeal. I wondered why Ty even replied to BM that he was not recording when he was never even asked that question. BM simply asked Ty to put it away.

Since the video was released here, Ty gave an interview explaining he was so shocked and caught up in the moment when BM got out of his vehicle and walked up to him that he didn't know 100% if the camera was off or on but admits how as reality set in that he was walking alongside a POI in a murder investigation that he started batting at his pocket hoping to insure the camera was on and recording.

I have no idea what recording device Ty was using but I'm aware that bodycams used by LE in my area are turned/off on by tapping.

My only hope here is that Ty shared the recording with LE before it was ever uploaded to youtube.

I think I'm most interested in and looking forward to information released by LE.

What an awful situation for the families of this couple. JMO.
JMO I find myself in my usual position, I generally see both sides of an argument, etc
Everyone makes excellent points one side of the other. JMO this may HAVE been commented on...if something had happened o my spouse and I was looking for her? I would be curious about a single person out and about. I actually might be open to talking w/ him...but then, I am paranoid.

He waited to post the video we have been discussing until he spoke to LE and an attorney for some legal advice.
^^sbm
Wow -- can you please share the source where you learned Ty waited to upload the video until after he spoke to LE and counsel.

I listened to his interview with a blogger yesterday (after video uploaded) and I never got the impression cited above. Thanks!

The "personal item" belonging to SM found by LE searchers was announced in the Chaffee County Sheriff Bulletin dated Friday May 15, 2020. The bicycle was discovered the morning of Monday May 11, 2020. It is doubtful that the two were in close proximity. IMO
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

So he might have been there when the bike was found, maybe the nephew also. That could explain why the nephew stated/asked media to ask about what shape the bike was in. Or maybe BM was upset about it and mentioned it to the nephew, either way they were upset about the bike for some reason. Also from watching the video yesterday I felt like it was 'man talk'. Not T-Splaining but Men-Splaining. ;) IMO, sort of like one upping, 'Oh yeah, he did 400 tours of duty, Searched 200 square miles radius. That sort of thing.

Good point.

JMO
I recall the same sort of thing in the Heather Elvis case when the locals chimed in. They said their local officials around Myrtle Beach like to downplay any serious incidents or murders because vacationers and tourists bring $$$ and they dont typically like to blast bad news all over their local media.

That murder got major national attention so the local reporting sort of got pushed aside and did not matter as much.
The mayor in Jaws movie not wanting the beach closed comes to mind for local economic interests & some local reputations possibly but lions & tigers & bears and random stranger mountain biking abductions, oh my!

So he might have been there when the bike was found, maybe the nephew also. That could explain why the nephew stated/asked media to ask about what shape the bike was in. Or maybe BM was upset about it and mentioned it to the nephew, either way they were upset about the bike for some reason. Also from watching the video yesterday I felt like it was 'man talk'. Not T-Splaining but Men-Splaining. ;) IMO, sort of like one upping, 'Oh yeah, he did 400 tours of duty, Searched 200 square miles radius. That sort of thing.
B-splain could fit here !

This isn't quite the right mental picture to have of the area she was biking in. It's not like a cliff down to a raging river. It's just an embankment down to a big creek. The river is narrow and not terribly deep. The bridges over it are not very high or long in that area. It's moving fast right now because of snow melt. You'd probably think of it as a big stream more than a river. While the trail further south can be more technical as it goes uphill, it's not death defying.

But searching 14 square miles of the area would be difficult, anyway.

Can you give us an idea of how deep and how fast the river is running? I used to live by a river that in the summer was about two feet deep and sluggish but during the spring it came over the banks over 6 feet high and moved very fast. This river was about 30 feet wide where I lived but widened as much as 50 feet in places and narrowed in areas that you could jump across it. It emptied into Georgian Bay.

JMO
I am still on the fence as a few others but I am leaning toward what LE may have thought the other day when they did the search under some concrete.

To entertain the possibility of an abductor who is not from the immediate family, there is only one scenario that I could entertain.

She is riding her bike and has a wreck off the side of that road because of loose gravel. She is injured but manages to climb back to the road surface to begin her walk home. A random person driving by offers her a lift and things go south from there.

The odds of a random person taking advantage of her situation doesnt seem too likely. What is even more unlikely to me is some random person knowing her driving routine and waiting for her. So if I am considering some abductor not from the family, then it would have to be some random person that would have been on that road by chance, and that person would have to be a serious criminal type person for them to have decided to take advantage of an injured bicyclist.

It is a hard pill to swallow that theory IMO. Anything is possible but I just cannot see that right now. A cougar attack would be more likely than that and I dont like the cougar theory very much right now either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member