Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random members of the public are not welcome to just show up and do rogue searches and BM knows this. The sherrif said this, too. So they both seem to have had ulterior motives in speaking to each other.

And who among us would turn off our phones if we were speakung to BM ? You'd be crazy to do that because if BM slipped up and said something incriminating, no one would believe you. You might not put it on YT, but I bet that most of us would lie to a potential suspect if we thought we could get answers and justice in a case.

I think that SM is the person who was really duped in the grand scheme of things, and a 30 second video is a shameful "effort" on behalf of a wife of 20 years. Why are so many worked up over this -- after all, LE is allowed to lie to suspects to get to the truth!

BBM. All I've heard LE say is that volunteer searchers are not needed. I think it is pretty clear BM and his friends are searching on their own. BM made it clear to TD if he found something he should not touch it. TD found the plastic bag with #4, he picked it up, opened it, announced what was inside and then proclaimed the handwriting on the bag matched BM's handwriting. Did TD immediately turn it over to LE? How about the video?

JMO

The search continued Tuesday with only dogs. Sheriff John Spezze said there is no need for volunteers. Sheriff Spezze would not comment on whether or not Morphew bike was recovered. By late afternoon Tuesday, Morphew had not been found.

More than 100 help search for missing woman in Chaffee County

This is the part that made me think immediately he knew he was being recorded and/or wanting to focus on getting his version out.

If you have just said that you were in Denver, and someone asked you how long before someone noticed that she was gone... wouldn't you just say "8 hours" or "2 days" or something along those lines? Nope, he never answered the question. We just know he went early to set stuff up, but we do NOT know and he did not say it was Sunday that he left the house. He went on and on and on and never answered the question to put him having a specific timeframe for himself. MOO

I agree. He is skirting the question. He also could have gone into more detail about what their activities were the day before, what the day was like, was it just a normal Saturday, etc. JMO

Here's an informative article written by Kym P. that highlights the ever rising statistics of women who go missing while outside exercising. While looking at the landscape of where Suzanne lives and was often seen bicycling, it is apparent to me that the area is an optimal place for a spur of the moment abduction. When Fitness Becomes Dangerous: Three Women Who Went Missing While Exercising

LE has released a missing person poster just as they have done in all other missing person cases and they've also asked the public to review security video. If nobody witnessed the abduction, how does LE know what the person looked like?

JMO

I think what Lietkynes mean about "no description" it is referring to the victim, Suzanne Morphew, not the suspect!!!
Moo

Why do you think TD removed this video, then all of his videos?
I never considered this before but what if she wasn't bicycling alone?
IMO and IME I would absolutely cycle alone, I have a friend that is 56 and 100% blind and hikes by herself with her guide dog (5 day hikes, not short walks) Our tolerance level of risk vs. reward varies as much as our opinions. I have met many cyclists that love a peloton and many that prefer solo riding, it’s nothing more than a preference. If she were comfortable living remotely as she always has, likely she felt safe and comfortable taking care of herself. Again, JMO and IME.

Yes, @kkdj that is certainly a possibility. I can’t say I’ve considered it either. The likelihood of more than one cyclist being seen is far greater than a solo cyclist. MOO

I'd be surprised if the YouTuber took the post down on his own. YTers are all about clicks and I have to believe that video was doing pretty well (even if he was taking some heat for it) - JMO, but if he took it down he was either advised to or compelled to (if not by BMs lawyer - which seems unlikely, by LE??)
Maybe some outfit like Dateline bought it to air themselves but on condition he take it down?

BBM. All I've heard LE say is that volunteer searchers are not needed. I think it is pretty clear BM and his friends are searching on their own. BM made it clear to TD if he found something he should not touch it. TD found the plastic bag with #4, he picked it up, opened it, announced what was inside and then proclaimed the handwriting on the bag matched BM's handwriting. Did TD immediately turn it over to LE? How about the video?

JMO

The search continued Tuesday with only dogs. Sheriff John Spezze said there is no need for volunteers. Sheriff Spezze would not comment on whether or not Morphew bike was recovered. By late afternoon Tuesday, Morphew had not been found.

No.
It wasn't that LE said the weren't needed.

"Morphew's colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police. Tim Nelson, 33, said: 'The Sheriff's office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there."

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

BM Retaining an Atty?
...When was the last msm article? I think he retained an attorney so news media could not contact the family directly and they haven't. I doubt they are following any social media but LE sure seems to be as they have asked the rumors to stop. JMO
@MyBelle bbm sbm First IDK if BM has atty re SM's disappearance. May yes, maybe no, but -------
A person hiring an attorney to represent him/her when LE has questioned/wants to question further is not shielded from news media contact. Not shielded from media, not the person or family.
OTOH once a person or atty informs LE that counsel has been retained, LE is prohibited from questioning further, at least without attorney's knowledge and approval (which is not often given). jmo
Hoping a verified atty will post on this point.

Yes, just like he caught himself when he was describing the wheel of her bike.
From the video BM makes it sound as if he saw the bike and the way it was lying on its side and the direction the wheel was facing. My question to that is when did LE find the bike? If 911 was called at around 5:45 or so and he didn’t get home until 9:00 pm from Denver did LE leave the bike there for him to see? Then he talks about how they contaminated it but he could have missed the 3 hours of daylight spent processing the bike and looking at tracks etc. He makes it sound as if he was there at the scene the whole time but then says he didn’t come back into town until 3 hours after she was reported missing. Moo

I think what Lietkynes mean about "no description" it is referring to the victim, Suzanne Morphew, not the suspect!!!
Moo
The Missing Person poster not only has a description, it also has photos of SM. LE is not treating this case any different than any other missing person case that I've followed.

JMO

Worst case scenario, how could the bike in this case get "tainted" enough to actually hurt this investigation or case in court? It doesn't belong to the alleged abductor, so one wouldn't expect to find their fingerprints on it. If BMs prints are on it, that proves nothing because he could always claim he'd touched it in the past to put it on a bike rack. A total absence of any prints means nothing because of biking gloves or dried mud, rain, or a recent cleaning, etc.

Obviously if a car had dented it, LE would have handled it very carefully. But other than that, the bike's value lay in how and where it was found (abandoned, on its side, apparently). So I don't see how any "less than perfect handling" of the bike by LE could in any way hurt BM or hinder the overall case. And I don't even believe that it got "tainted" it in the first place or that it's real evidence, for that matter--I think that this is just another ploy by BM to distract us.
MVHO, devils advocate, if I were innocent, and I thought the bike had something that might help bring my spouse home, I’d be upset, even if I had no reason to doubtLE, especially if someone else suggested it to ...on the fence, neither do I fault LE, IMO even tho the probability that a family member is involved. LE is not likely to ignore other scenarios...IMO doesn’t it take as long to clear a person as it does to arrest one in cases like this? JMO

Don’t y’all think it’s strange BM said “We had two daughters”
It seemed weird. Seems like most people would say,”Our daughters were going to come.” Who cares how many? I don’t know if I worry about “had”; I recall seeing Beidi Broussard’s grandpa making a statement and he spoke of her in the past tense.
From the video BM makes it sound as if he saw the bike and the way it was lying on its side and the direction the wheel was facing. My question to that is when did LE find the bike? If 911 was called at around 5:45 or so and he didn’t get home until 9:00 pm from Denver did LE leave the bike there for him to see? Then he talks about how they contaminated it but he could have missed the 3 hours of daylight spent processing the bike and looking at tracks etc. He makes it sound as if he was there at the scene the whole time but then says he didn’t come back into town until 3 hours after she was reported missing. Moo
And if the bike WAS there that long, I would assume LE used the time to photograph it, etc.

No.
It wasn't that LE said the weren't needed.

"Morphew's colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police. Tim Nelson, 33, said: 'The Sheriff's office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there."

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online
I linked an article quoting the Sheriff stating volunteers weren't needed because they were using professionals to search. It's not illegal for BM and friends to search on their own.

JMO

Apologies if I’m belaboring this point, but several members are saying one of our attorneys responded to this, but the response was later deleted. So I think we should stop referencing it. :confused:
^^RSBBM

I believe members are referring to response by VI @ riolove77 which to my knowledge is the same as quoted below (e.g., post has not been deleted).

One party consent means one party consent. Doesn't really matter what BM wants. No one MADE him talk to this guy. Additionally, so long as the YouTuber isn't working on behalf of law enforcement, the recording can be turned over to them and used as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia