Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what the transcript says. [Upthread #485. I hope I've cited this correctly this time around; I've already mangled the citation once.] It says 200 miles radius that BM searched. 200 miles gets you to Fort Collins (up near Wyoming) and into New Mexico. That's 125,000 square miles, approx.
But even 200 square miles would be insane. Even 14 square miles would be nuts.
This is mountainous terrain, with nooks, crannies, ravines, stream beds.... You couldn't even do it with a helicopter fly-over. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Seems to me a landscaper by profession and apparently a successful one at that would be familiar with square footage, area size as it pertains to outdoor acreage, feet vs yards vs miles and so forth.

Last edited:
Dbm : Off topic.

This is a very frustrating case and the first one that LE have given no description nor be on the lookout....
Nothing.
Imo.
LE has released a missing person poster just as they have done in all other missing person cases and they've also asked the public to review security video. If nobody witnessed the abduction, how does LE know what the person looked like?

JMO

Asperger’s individual here, with my IMHAspieO about what you said about BLM:

*Note I didn’t get to watch the video* so I can only base my opinion on other videos I’ve seen of BM.

1. Repeating what someone says isn’t necessarily an Aspie trait. Although doing so in ones head, continuously for days, weeks, months, years is true for myself but NOT true for my HFA (High Functioning Autism/Autistic) husband. (IMHAspieO there is a difference, multiple ones, between HFA and Asperger’s).
  2. A lack of facial expression while talking isn’t necessarily an Aspie trait. Although it can be for some but not for all Aspie’s/HFA’s. In fact I’m not like that at all! But it is true for my HFA husband & HFA niece.
  3. Waving arms around continuously isn’t always an autistic thing. I mean look at how Italians communicate (with their hands, lol).
  4. BM’s lack of apparent social skills, that could definitely be an Aspie thing BUT at his age I think he would have learned to blend himself & his deficits, if indeed he is autistic, in with society...aka “masking”, “camouflaging”. Though I personally feel that when someone/anybody who has an anger management problem (basing this off of my husband’s anger problem, who btw also has decreased white brain matter in his TP Junction) also struggles with their social skills when they’re gravely upset.
  5. As for the verbatim quote, most people can memorize anything. If someone can memorize song lyrics, they can memorize practically anything.

There is sooooooooooo much more to ASD then these few points you make. I think that if BM is autistic then this would have already been picked up on before now, ESPECIALLY with all the fire that he has been under!!!!

If you’re interested in learning more about autism and/or if in the future you want to speculate about someone being autistic, you should DEFINITELY school yourself about it and what it looks like. This would be a great place to start: Autism spectrum - Wikipedia

Also, thank you for bringing this subject up! Seriously, thank you so much! It’s my favorite subject and I know copious amounts of information/facts/knowledge/statistics, etc...about Autism. Thanks to my near eidetic autistic memory!

And for the record, it is also IMHAspieO that BM is not autistic.

MOO.

ETA: BM May have rehearsed what he said to keep his temper/anger from flaring. That would explain why he seemed to be expressionless.
And when he went off script, he then lost his temper which is why he may have been waving his arms around. MOO.
Wow! That is so much good info...my neighbor has 2 teenage boys w/ autism, I am learning things from them... not aspergers, tho...I am so accustomed to eye contact, that is hard to undo...but the younger son has actually gotten more comfortable w/ me...and I catch him peeking at me, I feel very honored, and continue to learn from him...and any other info...awesome!

Wow... what a video! I admit that I felt uncomfortable watching it. Almost like I would get “caught” watching and somehow get into trouble.

I thought for sure there could be legal ramifications for Tyson by lying about recording it, but upthread a few pages back, one of our trusted attorneys (Riolove, I think) stated that only one party consent in CO. And even if Tyson lies about not recording, NO one MADE BM talk to him. I wonder now if LE is what made Tyson take them down?

If I were to watch the video without knowing a thing about this case, I might believe BM is sincerely looking for his missing wife.

However, I’ve been following this case from day one, and the actions of LE do not lead me in the direction of BM’s theories, especially, the part where LE breaks up concrete at a job location related to BM. MOO
^^bbm

Very interesting ordeal. I wondered why Ty even replied to BM that he was not recording when he was never even asked that question. BM simply asked Ty to put it away.

Since the video was released here, Ty gave an interview explaining he was so shocked and caught up in the moment when BM got out of his vehicle and walked up to him that he didn't know 100% if the camera was off or on but admits how as reality set in that he was walking alongside a POI in a murder investigation that he started batting at his pocket hoping to insure the camera was on and recording.

I have no idea what recording device Ty was using but I'm aware that bodycams used by LE in my area are turned/off on by tapping.

My only hope here is that Ty shared the recording with LE before it was ever uploaded to youtube.

I think I'm most interested in and looking forward to information released by LE.

What an awful situation for the families of this couple. JMO.

As for the rain washing away possible animal evidence, it rained from noon until 8 pm that day

The weather report you posted was for Gunnison, which is on the other side of Monarch Pass and which can have completely different weather. I am fairly certain it did not rain on Mothers Day in Maysville with enough oomph to wash much away.

Do we know from an approved WS source that BM has hired a private investigator?

I thought we were allowed to discuss the content of the TD video (the parts where BM is speaking). In which case, he does mention he has his own investigator (that's what it says in the transcript and that's what it seems we hear him say).

That's not what the transcript says. [Upthread #485. I hope I've cited this correctly this time around; I've already mangled the citation once.] It says 200 miles radius that BM searched. 200 miles gets you to Fort Collins (up near Wyoming) and into New Mexico. That's 125,000 square miles, approx.
This is mountainous terrain, with nooks, crannies, ravines, stream beds.... You couldn't even do it with a helicopter fly-over. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

True. He says 200 miles radius.

He’s not the most eloquent speaker. He says “I seen” too...

Maybe he’s smart or maybe he’s not, but his grammar and word usage are terrible.

Sometimes it's the way some people are raised.
So there's that.
In moments of irritability or stress a person can also revert to a form of speech used in their childhood.
MOO

Nope, disagree.

A total of 125 mountain lion attacks, 27 of which were fatal, have been documented in North America in the past 100 years.

Much simpler explanation for Occam's razor and more common is foul play - and we all know the stats of the most common perp here at WS.

MOO

Verified Mountain Lion-Human Attacks

List of fatal cougar attacks in North America - Wikipedia
ITA

And an animal attack likely would have left blood, torn clothing, or some sign of struggle.

In the first video (I posted a link although I’m not sure it’s still viewable) TD states he reported the bag #4 to LE and confirmed the silver truck with IN plates belonged to BM. He also proceeded to display his plate number.
I don't know -- I have a difficult time believing that Chaffee County LE would confirm anything to a random youtuber -- including the ownership of personal property of a POI during an open investigation. JMO.

ETA: Add C.R.S. for vehicle registration

Registration Required

• Within sixty days after purchase (42-3-103(1)(a) C.R.S.)
  • Within ninety days after becoming a resident of Colorado
  • An owner of a foreign vehicle operated within this state (42-3-103(2) C.R.S.)
  • Every nonresident person who operates a business within this state and owns and operates in such business any motor vehicle trailer, semi-trailer, or trailer coach (42-3-103(3) C.R.S.)
  • Within forty-five days after the owner has returned to the United States (42-3-103(4)(b) C.R.S.)
ETA #2: If BM is in-fact still driving a vehicle with registration in another state while a resident of Colorado, he may be relying on the exemption for registration for fire-fighting vehicles pursuant to (42-3-104 (3)(b) C.R.S).

Last edited:
Do we know from an approved WS source that BM has hired a private investigator?
We know from the video posted by YouTube blogger, Tyson Draper, when he spoke with BM, that BM says he has hired private investigators.

I thought for sure there could be legal ramifications for Tyson by lying about recording it, but upthread a few pages back, one of our trusted attorneys (Riolove, I think) stated that only one party consent in CO. And even if Tyson lies about not recording, NO one MADE BM talk to him. I wonder now if LE is what made Tyson take them down?
RSBBM for focus
IANAL but one of our attorneys answered in this thread that it is not. Colorado is a 1 party state, meaning as long as 1 party knows it’s being recorded, it’s not illegal. There is no expectation if privacy on a public road. If this had been recorded in BM’s home, that might be a different story. I don’t think defamation enters into it.

Apologies if I’m belaboring this point, but several members are saying one of our attorneys responded to this, but the response was later deleted. So I think we should stop referencing it. :confused:

Agreed. Someone suggested maybe he sold the rights to someone else? That might make as much sense as anything else..... though apparently it hasn't resurfaced yet (unless the buyer doesn't want to release it - which would be interesting in and of itself).... all JMO, MOO.

But all his videos have been deleted - not just this one. o_O

I gotta say, the exceptions made to the usual WS rules on this thread have not paid off. They have just caused more questions than answers, IMO.

bbm
Yes, R. Fan ; that's what I was trying to say.
You put it more eloquently, of course.
Not just 14 square, flat miles.
But steep cliffs and deep gorges, and lets not forget there's a river.

There's slim chance that a lady who'd battled and won cancer twice would be biking alone in that terrain.
The path might be flattish, but a wrong turn and you're over the side and into a ravine ?
Unlikely.
Imo.

bbm

There's slim chance that a lady who'd battled and won cancer twice would be biking alone in that terrain.
The path might be flattish, but a wrong turn and you're over the side and into a ravine ?
Unlikely.
Imo.

This isn't quite the right mental picture to have of the area she was biking in. It's not like a cliff down to a raging river. It's just an embankment down to a big creek. The river is narrow and not terribly deep. The bridges over it are not very high or long in that area. It's moving fast right now because of snow melt. You'd probably think of it as a big stream more than a river. While the trail further south can be more technical as it goes uphill, it's not death defying.

But searching 14 square miles of the area would be difficult, anyway.

bbm

Unlikely.
Imo.
I never considered this before but what if she wasn't bicycling alone?

I have no reason to believe LE has ever been focused solely on BM and they may have told him privately that he was cleared. They may also have asked him and his family not to talk to the media because everything said is being parsed and dissected on social media by those who think he is guilty.

JMO
I think there are those that feel they are "cleared." TS felt this way.
Don’t y’all think it’s strange BM said “We had two daughters”
YES!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads