Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if the YouTuber took the post down on his own. YTers are all about clicks and I have to believe that video was doing pretty well (even if he was taking some heat for it) - JMO, but if he took it down he was either advised to or compelled to (if not by BMs lawyer - which seems unlikely, by LE??)
Possibly LE but why? Does it hurt their case if he is a suspect? If he’s not a suspect, it would be the perfect time to make a statement saying he’s not a POI, but that hasn’t happened. It would be interesting if BM arranged to be recorded, only to realize it was not helping him at all. It is puzzling.

Great points. If LE has truly cleared BM, and they have definitely not come out and said anything of that sort, then if I were him, I would be yelling it from the rooftops! IMO

That would be a great way to stop all the speculation. If LE has cleared BM, then surely they could accommodate a press conference alongside BM, telling the public that he’s cleared, right?

MOO its too early to tell.

Not at all.. I was just noting it's the busiest holiday of the year, meaning people do celebrate it as a family usually, not just mothers and children. Another poster pointed out to me that owning your own business often leads to working weekends and holidays something I didn't think of.

Barry specifically said in the video he doesn’t normally work on Sundays. Just putting that out there.

IMO JMO MOO

Staying on topic, with Covid-19 turning everything on it's head including people's work schedules, it seems odd that BM would feel the need to go to work on a Sunday and a holiday.

We have his word that he asked Suzanne and she was ok with him leaving that morning--- but without any video footage of him anywhere it looks like he might have stayed home.
Imo.

Last edited:
Possibly LE but why? Does it hurt their case if he is a suspect? If he’s not a suspect, it would be the perfect time to make a statement saying he’s not a POI, but that hasn’t happened. It would be interesting if BM arranged to be recorded, only to realize it was not helping him at all. It is puzzling.
Agreed. Someone suggested maybe he sold the rights to someone else? That might make as much sense as anything else..... though apparently it hasn't resurfaced yet (unless the buyer doesn't want to release it - which would be interesting in and of itself).... all JMO, MOO.

I'm pretty sure one of them already weighed in this morning on the aspect of "consent". I'm only curious about MyBelle's comment regarding defamation of character.
If DOC could be charged in that regard, I'm sure glad I don't have my legal name attached to any of my posts.
Defamation of character is a civil matter. Lawsuits are filed in civil court. LE has nothing to do with it but iirc, Attorney General Janet Reno did personally apologize to Richard Jewell.

JMO

Did he have someone watching them? Wasn't he there too? Somewhere? Where was he when they were pulling up the bike? How did he know people were walking all over the side of the road where prints or tracks might be?

First off, as I understand things he couldn't have gotten there to the site until dark. I read he got back into town at 9pm. If they had found the bike a few hours before...I'd imagine there were photos and it was taken away for forensics. But didn't Barry talk about the rain and washing away the possible animal evidence?....what would that do for Prints ?etc.

That is a dangerous path to go down, if true and found out, that would just be one bridge too far to maintain any kind of credibility. Huge red flag for an observant LE that is still investigating.

Yes, I agree a huge red flag for LE. IF Barry is guilty, If he could murder his wife of 30 plus years, the mother of his daughters, a cancer survivor, and from what we have read Suzanne was a treasured friend to many, I don't think he would be too concerned about possibly of going one bridge too far. That video, staged or not, has done the most to restore any balance to Barry's reputation with the public. MOO

Staging might be his forte.

I think the same way too. He is under a lot of pressure and he is assuring himself that he has it under control. He is reminding himself of his defence possibilities. They don't have a body, she is still considered missing, I put up a reward for any information, the evidence was tampered with (his so-called friend is a witness to that), the mountain lion is a possibility since they were seen around. LE thinks she was abducted, LE said he is cleared... I think everything he said in that conversation was what he is constantly thinking and rehearsing in his head to convince anyone who is willing to listen about his innocence. MOO
I think LE are playing this brilliantly, it must be driving BM crazy not knowing what they have found of Suzannes.
I suspect there is very little interaction between LE and BM at this point.
Time is on LE’s side.

I'm listening again to the part about Mother's day, with my ear up to the laptop speaker.

At one point TD mentions that BM was in Denver, and asks how long it was before somebody noticed that she was gone. I hear BM say, "....Well, it was Mother's Day, so..." long pause...(it almost seems like maybe he was checking his phone and got distracted momentarily?) "We uh, ...we had two daughters, who were coming home from a trip, and I had that job in Denver that I wanted to get started, on Sunday wanted to set it up...because my workers were coming in Sunday night. They [we?] weren't going to work Sunday, they [we?] were going to work Monday, but me being the owner, I wanted to get things lined up..." [can't quite make out this part, something about the workers being able to work right when they got there Monday morning] "...so, I told my wife, I said listen, the girls are going to be home, they want to spend Mother's Day with you, do you mind if I go get started? She said that's fine " [something about bikes?]...."Anyway, that's what we thought was going to happen. The girls were running late, so they texted Happy Mother's Day, she didn't text back..." Then he goes on to talk about calling the neighbor.

So I guess he did give some kind of detail about Sunday. It sounds to me like he's saying that he left on Sunday for Denver to set up this job for his workers to get started on, and that he asked SM if it was okay for him to go and get started with that job, since the girls were coming home and wanted to spend Mother's Day with her, like they would have a girls' day.

So with that line of thinking, the daughters were actually expected to be arriving at the Morphew home to spend the day with SM. So maybe that's why the immediate worry about where she was, since she was expecting them home, but didn't respond to their text that they were running late and Happy Mother's Day (no he didn't say they texted her they would be late, but I'm assuming they would have).

This is the part that made me think immediately he knew he was being recorded and/or wanting to focus on getting his version out.

If you have just said that you were in Denver, and someone asked you how long before someone noticed that she was gone... wouldn't you just say "8 hours" or "2 days" or something along those lines? Nope, he never answered the question. We just know he went early to set stuff up, but we do NOT know and he did not say it was Sunday that he left the house. He went on and on and on and never answered the question to put him having a specific timeframe for himself. MOO

I think the same way too. He is under a lot of pressure and he is assuring himself that he has it under control. He is reminding himself of his defence possibilities. They don't have a body, she is still considered missing, I put up a reward for any information, the evidence was tampered with (his so-called friend is a witness to that), the mountain lion is a possibility since they were seen around. LE thinks she was abducted, LE said he is cleared... I think everything he said in that conversation was what he is constantly thinking and rehearsing in his head to convince anyone who is willing to listen about his innocence. MOO
ita

Agreed. Someone suggested maybe he sold the rights to someone else? That might make as much sense as anything else..... though apparently it hasn't resurfaced yet (unless the buyer doesn't want to release it - which would be interesting in and of itself).... all JMO, MOO.
Maybe the reward money put some other use?

I would imagine that if a media outlet bought the video, they would ask it be removed, and they might hold onto it until something really big happens. They may have bought the videographer’s story, with exclusive interview rights etc. And they might have better lawyers than BM and the videographer does. I could see the DM salivating over this.

Last edited:
At one point during the video BM pointed up the hillside and said to TD that the Colorado Trail runs from here all the way to Denver. TD didn’t ask him about the Colorado Trail but BM offered that information anyway.

I looked it up and the CT can be traveled on foot, 4WD, bike, by car.

Traveling the CT

‘There are many ways to enjoy The Colorado Trail, from a day-hike, bike or ride, to a multi-day trip through some of the state’s best backcountry, to an end-to-end excursion beginning in either Denver or Durango. There are dozens of access points to the CT’s 567 miles of trail. These are accessible by car, 4-wheel-drive, bike, horse, on foot, or even by train.’

Traveling the CT - Colorado Trail Foundation

Last edited:
Great points. If LE has truly cleared BM, and they have definitely not come out and said anything of that sort, then if I were him, I would be yelling it from the rooftops! IMO

That would be a great way to stop all the speculation. If LE has cleared BM, then surely they could accommodate a press conference alongside BM, telling the public that he’s cleared, right?
Why would LE do that? Why alert the real abductor/killer they are no longer looking at BM? I don't see any advantage in LE doing that.

JMO

bbm
The bolded bit is depressing.
An efficient way to throw evidence away for good !

So he may have been in or near the river ?
Is that what you're saying ?
Not impossible but we can theorize that he went swimming and was wasn't up to anything nefarious.
Imo.

It seemed like a possibility that was implied. It is important to note that it was also lightly raining in video number 1. So being in the river is not the only explanation yet still remains the most plausible given he was shirtless (BM).

Staying on topic, with Covid-19 turning everything on it's head including people's work schedules, it seems odd that BM would feel the need to go to work on a Sunday and a holiday.

We have his word that he asked Suzanne and she was ok with him leaving that morning--- but without any video footage of him anywhere it looks like he might have stayed home.
Imo.
If he had a contract, he also may have had a deadline and had no problem keeping distancing and wearing a mask. There also may be security video at the work site that confirms his alibi.

JMO

Is it a separate video? The only video I've seen BM has a sleeveless blue t-shirt on.
There were two videos. #1 was TD entering Maysville, walking the area, approaching the M residence driveway etc. He was alone and narrating what the terrain looks like, how busy the road(s) are etc. Also This is when the bag “Day #4” that has been referred to was found. It was next to a mile marker in a field. In this video he walks by the river and past two vehicles before arriving at his Red truck. One of the parked vehicles was BM’s truck and it was empty. When he begins his walk down the “bike path” BM comes out of the trees (in TD’s words) shirtless, soaking and distraught gets in his truck and then drives away. Supposedly, BM returns and TD is there and they have the conversation you have now seen. I posted video #1 last night but I didn’t download it. He waited to post the video we have been discussing until he spoke to LE and an attorney for some legal advice.

This whole thing is so bizarre.

Edited to read Truck not trick.:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads