Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
200 sq. miles. About 14 miles square.

That's not what the transcript says. [Upthread #485. I hope I've cited this correctly this time around; I've already mangled the citation once.] It says 200 miles radius that BM searched. 200 miles gets you to Fort Collins (up near Wyoming) and into New Mexico. That's 125,000 square miles, approx.
But even 200 square miles would be insane. Even 14 square miles would be nuts.
This is mountainous terrain, with nooks, crannies, ravines, stream beds.... You couldn't even do it with a helicopter fly-over. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure one of them already weighed in this morning on the aspect of "consent". I'm only curious about MyBelle's comment regarding defamation of character.
If DOC could be charged in that regard, I'm sure glad I don't have my legal name attached to any of my posts.
BBM
Yes, one of them did reply, but later deleted their response. I’m guessing they were not certain?

Last edited:
Random members of the public are not welcome to just show up and do rogue searches and BM knows this. The sherrif said this, too. So they both seem to have had ulterior motives in speaking to each other.

And who among us would turn off our phones if we were speakung to BM ? You'd be crazy to do that because if BM slipped up and said something incriminating, no one would believe you. You might not put it on YT, but I bet that most of us would lie to a potential suspect if we thought we could get answers and justice in a case.

I think that SM is the person who was really duped in the grand scheme of things, and a 30 second video is a shameful "effort" on behalf of a wife of 20 years. Why are so many worked up over this -- after all, LE is allowed to lie to suspects to get to the truth!
Awesome awesome post!!!!!

Don’t y’all think it’s strange BM said “We had two daughters”

I listened to that part several times, transcribing what he said. It was my impression that he was just saying that on Sunday, they had two daughters that were coming home from a trip, and then such and such happened. Not that they used to have two daughters. As in, "We had two daughters that were on a trip...", instead of the more grammatically comfortable "Our two daughters were on a trip...". So it sounds to me like just a different way of saying this. It would make no sense for him to say that they used to have two daughters.

Also, I still think the long pause before that was one of two things, either 1. him thinking about whether or not this guy was sincere, like why was he asking this question right as they were about to part ways, and this guy was supposedly a hiker out there to help in the search. Or 2. He might have been distracted by his phone receiving a text or something. He was almost completely off camera at that point. You know how sometimes you're talking to someone and you hear your phone, and then you're checking it quickly and you're like, um, uh, ...and then you come back to the conversation and complete your thought?

Again, I'm not saying he's innocent--I am on the fence on that. But I think there are more simple explanations to these two parts of the "interview" than it being anything suspicious.

ETA: I read that TD made another video describing what BM was like to talk to, and that he didn't seem comfortable or truthful, so there's that. Maybe the long pause was due to trying to recall his story correctly. I did not see that video, so I didn't hear for myself what he said about BM. Of course, like many, I think this TD guy was untrustworthy in the first place.

Last edited:
I have no reason to believe LE has ever been focused solely on BM and they may have told him privately that he was cleared. They may also have asked him and his family not to talk to the media because everything said is being parsed and dissected on social media by those who think he is guilty.

JMO
I think there are those that feel they are "cleared." TS felt this way.

Last edited:
Regarding being wet in TD's first video - it was raining that day (TD said so). If he'd been out searching, he'd have been soaked without having to go in the water. At that altitude, it would have been a cold rain. He might have been warmer in his vehicle without his shirt than with it, even with the heat on.

First off, as I understand things he couldn't have gotten there to the site until dark. I read he got back into town at 9pm. If they had found the bike a few hours before...I'd imagine there were photos and it was taken away for forensics. But didn't Barry talk about the rain and washing away the possible animal evidence?....what would that do for Prints ?etc.

Yes, I agree a huge red flag for LE. IF Barry is guilty, If he could murder his wife of 30 plus years, the mother of his daughters, a cancer survivor, and from what we have read Suzanne was a treasured friend to many, I don't think he would be too concerned about possibly of going one bridge too far. That video, staged or not, has done the most to restore any balance to Barry's reputation with the public. MOO

Staging might be his forte.

As for the rain washing away possible animal evidence, it rained from noon until 8 pm that day and rain can and will wash away evidence of human interference but an animal attack will leave behind some remains, not far away. Only people hide all remains, animals don't care - you know, you always see a bit of something after they hunt. So my point is BM can't be mad at LE like you infer for ruining the ground as the rain did, not the way LE handled things. I bet they handled things right given the circumstances.

Staging. Some people are very good at presentation, aren't they.

And then some people are very good at observation.;)

A balanced public reputation?

Would be nice to know what people in the know think.
And to be thorough - I keep wondering if anyone from the area has recently "moved away" or if any transient visitor has come and gone.

Gunnison, CO Weather History | Weather Underground

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members