Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm seeing "kidnapped" and "abducted" being used interchangeably in this case. What's the difference?

To be clear. In the video, Barry said he thought Suzanne had been abducted, not kidnapped.

IDK exactly Knox...to me "kidnapped" implies taken conditionally/temporarily, like for a ransom, whereas abducted is for nefarious purposes. Barry using the word "abducted" is careless b-splain, IMO

The overall impression I take away from this recording....why would BM, experiencing a "very emotional" state, (his words), speak so extensively to a complete stranger about the specific known and unknown details of this case, his missing wife.

Fence sitting here and still trying to give BM the benefit of the doubt .. just my different perspective on some things from the TD video with BM:

BM does start off by saying to the effect that it is emotional.

Where BM paused after the reference to Mother's Day, I actually had an impression that he choked up a bit with emotion and that it took the pause to compose himself.

With reference to "had two daughters", he is talking Mother's Day and the mother of their children and the life they had together.

As for any "threat" at the end, it sounded to me like there was a mild attempt at some humor, nothing warranting embellishment or sensationalizing.
What is your take on the other side of the fence?

The "personal item" belonging to SM found by LE searchers was announced in the Chaffee County Sheriff Bulletin dated Friday May 15, 2020. The bicycle was discovered the morning of Monday May 11, 2020. It is doubtful that the two were in close proximity. IMO
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff
This Sheriff's statement references a temporary closure and a found item. There's no mention of a bicycle.
Where's a link for LE statement that a bike was found? Exact date and time?
AFAIK we only have non-LE say-so that a bike was involved, found, seen, picked up, touched....anything at all.

He's into cougars. One walked right by an LE vehicle in this case, says BM. So it probably snatched his wife off her bike. And ate all the bones, since there is no trace within 200 mile "radius". Even on all the mountains.
Yep, mountain lions just looooooove to be around a whole bunch of big guys making a lot of cop-noises.
NOT

This Sheriff's statement references a temporary closure and a found item. There's no mention of a bicycle.
AFAIK we only have non-LE say-so that a bike was involved, found, seen, picked up, touched....anything at all.
THIS ^^^^
Thanks, RF.
It's somewhat fallacious to say that the article claimed the bike was found.

I can't find it either...in the archives it reads
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

Salida, Colorado

PRESS RELEASE

May 11, 2020

On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Sheriff personnel called members of Chaffee County Search and Rescue South and North and a search began immediately. The Department of Corrections was contacted and a request was made for tracking dogs to assist. They responded and joined the search. The search continued into the early morning hours with no results.

The search resumed in the early morning hours of May 11 with Search and Rescue. They once again scoured the area. Members were then called from the Chaffee County Tac Team along with search parties from the Department of Corrections and the area was once again scoured.

In all over 100 personnel were used during the search, however by late afternoon on May 11 Ms Morphew had not been found.

This will be an ongoing investigation into this matter and the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office asks that any person or persons who may have information please call the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office at 719-539-2596 or Chaffee County Crime Stoppers at 719-539-2599.

You didn't ask me but but I have an opinion. He started with a lie and then lied again several times under the pretense of being sympathetic and caring towards BM. Then he revealed his true motivations and feelings about BM by speaking into his filming device as soon as BM was out of earshot.

Accurate. Yet the video does exist (and used to be publicly accessible). So one can acknowledge the sleazy factor of how TD obtained the interview and yet, at the same time, still find value in seeing and hearing what BM says, how he says it, what words he uses, etc. Those were SM's words, that was SM talking. That's valuable to a DA and LE, IMO.

You are correct @MyBelle. The only MSM report was attributed to nephew TN who stated that the bike was located on Sunday, May 10. @Dave F. post is incorrect and there's no MSM source citing the bike located on May 11.
But TN might very well have got this "info" about a bike being found from BM. There's no LE statement that a bike was found, AFAIK.
At this point, I think the only info we can really trust comes out of the Sheriff's office. The MSM has become contaminated with BM's say-so as though fact.

You bring up some good thoughts to consider. The one thing that keeps me from believing that the beginning of her disappearance started anywhere but at her home, is the immediate reaction from LE. I cant wrap my mind around calling in the FBI and dogs so fast if the thought was that SM could have simply been out on a bike ride. The next day maybe? But not after a couple hours. In my mind, something at home triggered LE and the whole bike scenario is an afterthought. Jmho.
I think the FBI was called in because SM's body might be found on federal land. Also, the FBI has sophisticated electronic analysts to go over electronic data, etc.

JMO

Yep, mountain lions just looooooove to be around a whole bunch of big guys making a lot of cop-noises.
NOT
I live in a rural area with a high population of cougars, yet I've seen ONE in 20 years. Sometimes a female will come close to the village at NIGHT, with 2 cubs in tow, teaching them how to kill sheep and goats. Otherwise they don't want anything to do with being near humans.
I do see bone piles from preyed-upon deer, etc, which is why I alluded to the absence of bones. They don't eat the large bones, at least not within a short amount of time. On hikes I see the same bone pile year after year, old cougar kills.

Maybe thats why hes promoting the search of evidence, and not the sarch of the actual human being?
That feels mean for me to have said. But in all truthfulness, his whole conversation was about finding evidence - which I do realize is important, too. But at this point, the *most important* thing to find would be my missing person! Was he out there yelling for her at all, just in case? Or, does he know for 100% certain shes not out there? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member