Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm not sure what guys he is talking about I thought the fire dept was not allowed to search on this case so he must be talking about the guys he works with in Denver. I am confused as to why LE is not the one setting up the searches like we see on most cases, I think they know a lot we don't.

LE may be searching different locations that where BM is searching...moo

Wow.

There's a lot to unpack here.

It's hard to know where to begin.

He says in this video that he was in Denver on Sunday getting set up for a job.

That he had some guys who work for him coming in on Sunday night.

What we've read in MSM is that he was in Denver for firefighter training

That's a significant discrepancy.

JMO.
That he "said" he went to Denver for FF training never happened, it always was a leap to lump two unrelated things together in the beginning by IIRC a DM reporter.

That he was in Denver AND he was a Firefighter became he was in Denver BECAUSE he was a Firefighter.

Last edited:
It’s really difficult for me to understand how he could utter those graphic details about his wife’s death without vomiting.

But he is not me. Who knows. Maybe we’ll be surprised.

He certainly did not wow me with his charm and values in this video.

I have to add, the video itself made me so uncomfortable with its dishonest recording and repeatedly fussing with the recording device. I kept feeling panic about the device being discovered. It’s hard for me to separate my discomfort with the video and discomfort with things BM said in the video,
I feel what you feel.
Yet, we couldn't help but watch.
I'm grateful it was recorded.

BM appears to be out actively searching for his wife, working up quite a sweat, and we are 3 weeks in. How long and how much effort does a ‘guilty man’ put into searching for his wife? How long does an innocent man search?

I watched the video, not sure what to think, but did notice two things:

He doesnt appear to have a wedding band on (40 sec mark of video). Not sure if he normally wears one or not (SM has a big rock). Not sure if that means anything, simply an observation.

Also, the exaggerations. As mentioned, 400 deployments? Did he say they searched a 200 mile radius? If I remember geometry correctly, isn't that around 125,000 square miles? Um, not possible. Not at all.

Beyond that I lean more toward not believable, but without a baseline it's hard to know...MOO

Photo of BM wearing a wedding band.

Attachments

• 57C6C7C7-86F2-48F0-B5A0-E202774561BD.jpeg
    57C6C7C7-86F2-48F0-B5A0-E202774561BD.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 97
JMO
Ive had a tough time letting go of a possible mountain lion mainly because of all the areas in the entire country where that could have happened, the area around her home is one area where I could see it possibly happening.

The part about an officer seeing a moutain lion go in front of a vehicle is interesting because LE should know if that is true or not.

But I agree that search dogs should have been able to pick up a trail of her getting dragged away if that was the case. And if a mountain lion did attack her on that road then would the bike have ended up that far off the road? Possibly if it charged and pounced at her from the side.

I think I am going to have to go back to what the Sheriff said. I think he said there were no signs of that and it was unlikely.

The sheriff did say that, almost exactly as I recall. Big cats don't draw much blood at the point of attack, but leave an obvious trail if they drag their prey away. I think the sheriff's opinion is a westerner's, and BLM's opinion is a midwesterner's. The chief says it's highly unlikely, BLM says it's impossible to tell. It's a clear case of six of one and half dozen of another. IMO

BM appears to be out actively searching for his wife, working up quite a sweat, and we are 3 weeks in. How long and how much effort does a ‘guilty man’ put into searching for his wife? How long does an innocent man search?
............and how many murderers have their mother riding shotgun in the search three weeks in?

Some members of the 75th Army Ranger Company "deploy" every night while "on duty". In that type of environment and terminology, 400 deployments would be equal to about two years of service time. I don't believe it is an exageration.
Also, BLM is a former professional baseball player. Those guys talk with their hands (when they aren't busy spitting, of course). IMO
No member of the military would refer to what you described, as a “deployment.” BM is likely conflating a combat mission with deploying. It’s extraneous information, but I don’t think it means much.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s say just for arguments sake, BM is innocent. If so, he may indeed be angry with the sheriff if the sheriff allowed others to touch the bike and/or allowing others to contaminate the scene of an abduction. I’m not saying he is innocent. All I’m saying is if he is, I imagine he is angry at the world right now.
This was my same thought. He may be resigned about Suzanne but he could still be angry if it wasn’t handled well. Or if he thinks it wasn’t handled well. It does not seem like that is the case to me, but it sounds like BLM was onsite pretty quickly so he will have his own opinion. (Hoping for the zebra, people!)

I wonder if what he has told this stranger jives with his story to LE. He is a guy that is used to laying things out how he wants others to see them. MOO
He would be really stupid if it does not jive with what he has said to LE. But I’ve said before that CO is not known for its smart murderers of late.

I’m going to bed; my stomach hurts. :(

He's a smooth talker, that's for sure.

Listening to him, one would almost think he just dropped that tidbit about the rain in as an afterthought.
Almost.

I find the words posters are using to describe him after watching this video quite interesting:

"Personable"
"Charming"
"Believable"
"Earnest"

This guy is a born salesman.

I'm just not buying what he's pitching.

JMO.
I am on the fence...He IS believable...IMO, only his closest friends and family can tell whether he is genuine.
He may be able to talk abt a lion attack, because it is looking less likely. He is a hunter and perhaps that allows a certain acceptance. I see someone who has moved from first phase of being blindsided, to more
numb and trying to keep going...
Or he is really good at this...

We are frustrated, w/ our little info...what if he innocent, wouldn’t you be as frustrated w/ LE focusing on your guilt?

He isn’t angry at them, IMO , for that.
He just wants them to help him find her...

TBH this is my only second rodeo, and I have not
sleuthed any of the Watts, Frazees.

He wasn’t selling his innocence, so much as the scenario, did they do that, or protest their innocence?

He’s blaming the sheriff’s department for contaminating evidence by touching the bike and walking/driving all over the area.

JMO
Well, if it was tossed down over a bridge into a ravine it egregious to go pick it up without photos and prints and gloves.
MOO a woman is missing not a bike.

After thinking about this a bit, if I was guilty of "disappearing" my wife, I think I'd be pretty wary of just answering random questions from strangers, camera or not, in the event I could trip myself up. Unless he's had so much time and so much practice with his buddies and whomever he's been hanging with that it was second nature at this point? He did back away quickly from the description of the bike, but that could have just been because LE doesn't want it discussed?

I don't know, I'm all over the place with this video. He could be innocent or he could be guilty, IMO. Helpful, right?:cool:

I personally don't see any big scoop. I think BM took advantage knowing there was a camera to push his ideas. He came back on purpose. He didn't have to. Very interesting. If he says Denver, I'd say go the opposite direction. moo
I think it is intetesting, just like TS---he took advantage of pushing his ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum