Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen it mentioned several times that he hunts. Do you know where that info came from? I saw people discussing it because there are deer heads on the walls in his house, but they were there before he moved in, plus you can buy stuff like that as decor. So I was just wondering.

The Zillow photos show no such taxidermy. Where are you getting your information that those things were there before?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/?

The only photos showing the taxidermy that I know of come from the Morphew's first Christmas (on her FB).

Please provide your source on the taxidermy being in place, since it's not visible in the multiple listing photos above.

Ok...well most leakers here WikiLeaks were probably not LE but if you can have a site devoted to leakers I'd say it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

Wikileaks...claimed in 2015 to have released online 10 million documents in its first 10 years.
I don't believe any of the professional searchers would risk their job to "leak" anything about a criminal investigation.

JMO

Aren't prosecutors members of the LE team? I do believe the role of LE is to collect evidence and the role of prosecutor is to prosecute. Would I be surprised if the FBI showed up at a blogger's door to interview? Nope. It happened in the Frazee case. Rodeo queen is now in prison.

JMO

I do not think of the District Attorney as being part of the Police (LE). Different rules, different employment agreements, different quarters, different laws - and different goals. Both can have their own investigators. But the investigations tend to be separate.

These two teams are on the same side (Justice) but so is the Public Defender.

Three different teams, one crime, one prosecution. And it's not uncommon for those three teams to be on different pages - but one thing is clear, the Court will require them to work together, share evidence, and perform their roles properly in bringing about Justice.

In this case, it appears the PD may have little to no role, if it's true that BM has his own attorney. But the rules of sharing evidence that will be presented in court...still stands.

Evidence can be collected by non-LE (an average citizen can come across a piece of evidence or see something and bring that to police; the DA and the Defense can both have their own evidence collection processes. No ban on prosecutors accepting evidence that doesn't come from LE, and it's quite common for prosecutors to find witnesses on their own and interview them without LE present.

Just to add some levity, since there are so many theories about the bicycle, I thought it was interesting that a number of bicyclists have collided with horses:
http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/irish-cyclist-trampled-by-boys-racing-horses-down-cycle-path-hospitalised
Video: Horse and rider struck by undertaking cyclist participating in triathlon

And on the phenomenon of mountain lion attacks, this article about Colorado and aggressive mountain lions is interesting:
Mountain lion attack: A Colorado deputy escaped the jaws of a big cat - CNN

DBM Trying to link to My Belle postMOO I agree w/ your post, and add this. I have heard nothing to indicate that LE has ruled this out, and I expect they would decrease focus on this as evidence against BM mounted.
The examples you cited were perfect examples of why LE would need to keep this possibility open.
Until they announce an arrest, I am in agreement w/ you.

Last edited:
Or LE showed the found bike to a member of the family to confirm the bike belonged to SM. In order to confirm the ownership, someone had to SEE it.

JMO

Who would that be? They put out a missing person bulletin before BM ever arrived back from Denver. The daughters were not at home.

Perhaps a neighbor knew her bike? Maybe someone in LE knew all 130 people who lived in Mayville and had seen a striking woman on that bike before? Heck, I know a lot of bikes in my neighborhood (I like bikes).

Has LE ever stated that they confirmed ownership? They said she "reportedly" was on a bike. As far as we know, there is no bike.

The only persons mentioning the bike seem to be BM, the nephew and, if you think his mom wrote the email to the church, his mother. But I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbor thought she could recognize the bike.

Some places require bikes to be licensed, as well (serial numbers registered with local authorities). We simply do not know what LE knows about the bike. But apparently, there is no bike there now and BM seems to believe his wife was on a bike when she went missing - so surely he must see that her bike is missing from the home, now that he's back there?

Why would LE show the bike to someone who they are carefully trying to keep out of the middle of their investigation? I am guessing that they asked BM to describe his wife's bike to them, not ever showing him the bike. They likely asked him its last known condition, etc.

I can't remember what else BM said about his phone call to the neighbor, but didn't he ask neighbor to check for car and bike? So surely the neighbor could have merely walked down her driveway and talked to arriving police, with a description of the bike.

Hi guys. I’m catching up on your posts since I actually ventured out into the scary world today because hubby’s bday is tomorrow. I’m so confused about that DAMN BIKE AAAAAARRRGH!! There wasn’t an actual bike ride taken by Suzanne (in a lot of our opinions) but I thought her (staged) bike was really found in the ravine by the river? Maybe I’m interpreting it wrong but it sounds like some of ya’ll are saying there was no bike found and BM made up the whole thing. In TD’s video BM made it sound like LE was present at the actual site where the bike was located and pulled out of the ravine by someone (friend or LE?). BM was complaining that the bike was moved and that LE let multiple people touch the bike and let cars drive through the area where the bike would have gone off the road. The way BM describes it I was picturing a Sheriff vehicle that responded to the scene maybe with lights turned on and a few other vehicles of friends that had been searching for Suzanne pulled over on the side of the road with people milling about in the potential “crime scene” area and any cars coming by were directed to just drive on through the potential “crime scene” area because LE didn’t tape it off. I wish LE would just clarify the subject of the bike! I want us to know if LE was called when the bike was found and did they take photos of it at the scene or witness it being pulled out of the ravine? Also didn’t BM say a mountain lion walked by the police car while it was there? I would love to if that really happened! I interpreted what he said as a LE officer saw a mountain lion walk by his car while they were at the location where the bike was found. It sounded like BM was saying this mountain lion sighting happened before he got back from Denver. And in the TD video BM stopped himself after he said the tire was facing... yes he could know which was the tire was facing because he put the bike there but someone could have told him the position of the bike or shown him photos. Didn’t TN go there in person and see her bike? And why did TN direct questions about the condition of the bike to LE if they didn’t see or have her bike? Can someone summarize for us any facts we know to be true about the bike? Thank you in advance to anyone who can clarify the bike info!!

Who would that be? They put out a missing person bulletin before BM ever arrived back from Denver. The daughters were not at home.

Perhaps a neighbor knew her bike? Maybe someone in LE knew all 130 people who lived in Mayville and had seen a striking woman on that bike before? Heck, I know a lot of bikes in my neighborhood (I like bikes).

Has LE ever stated that they confirmed ownership? They said she "reportedly" was on a bike. As far as we know, there is no bike.

The only persons mentioning the bike seem to be BM, the nephew and, if you think his mom wrote the email to the church, his mother. But I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbor thought she could recognize the bike.

Some places require bikes to be licensed, as well (serial numbers registered with local authorities). We simply do not know what LE knows about the bike. But apparently, there is no bike there now and BM seems to believe his wife was on a bike when she went missing - so surely he must see that her bike is missing from the home, now that he's back there?

Why would LE show the bike to someone who they are carefully trying to keep out of the middle of their investigation? I am guessing that they asked BM to describe his wife's bike to them, not ever showing him the bike. They likely asked him its last known condition, etc.

I can't remember what else BM said about his phone call to the neighbor, but didn't he ask neighbor to check for car and bike? So surely the neighbor could have merely walked down her driveway and talked to arriving police, with a description of the bike.
It's important evidence in a criminal investigation. LE would show the actual bike or a photo to someone who could identify it positively as belonging to SM. I don't see it all that mysterious or a big deal.

JMO

Thank you for that link - very interesting. I thought the youtuber saw BM drive by soaking wet, shirtless and distraught, only minutes before his chat with him.
Now I know it was the day before and his mother was not mentioned as being in the truck with him, I wonder what the hell he was doing?! The you tuber thinks he was in the creek! That definitely needs investigating. Wow. MOO

Just thinking about the parallels in this case, and the Gannon Stauch case.

In that one, the early narrative was that “Gannon ran away.” Most of us didn’t believe that, as the account was both strange, and law enforcement was not behaving as if they actually believed that.

They never corrected the narrative, while maintaining all along that it was a “missing persons investigation.”

CSI activity at the home, told us what that case likely was (foul play).

Here, we have an alleged bike ride, but law enforcement behavior that does not jibe with there actually being one. If there was a bike ride, then we’d be seeing corresponding behavior from law enforcement (standard abduction playbook).

Likewise, we have seen CSI at the home, and that search of a property that BM apparently worked on.

What is telling law enforcement that this isn’t an abduction is anyone’s guess, but I have no doubt that they don’t believe there was one.

Spontaneous question ..... was the bike found on the returning journey side of the road or the starting out side from the home? Also was the object found before the bike or after the bike, and heading in the direction of home? Just curious. Will check out the streetview shortly, get a bit confused, we drive on the left over here :)

I have no expectation that LE will publically confirm anything about this case until after an arrest. And we may be in for a long wait.

Fair assumption. This Sheriff is obviously playing things *very* close to the vest, and no amount of public curiosity is going to change that reality.

All the various questions people are asking will not be given an answer by LE since everything is part of their investigation.

Im sure this has been discussed, but Ive missed it. Does anyone know if any family or friends were with LE Sunday night? BM describes to T where the bike was, how it was laying, and that 10 people touched it, along with the lion sighting, and all the cars and people messing up potential evidence. He also says he didnt get there until around 9pm. So, did he witness this all himself or did someone tell him these things? If so, who? Or, is that a million dollar question right now?
I tend to believe the bike was found that night. But I also stand on my opinion that the bike story is being pushed as a deterrant from the truth. I feel like everything "bike" has originated from BM and it all smells like a premeditated story to me. Mho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm