Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, IMO I do not believe BM thinks she was attacked by an animal.
Not for one second.
When did #3 scenario become an introduction? BM thinks she may have been hit by a car and washed away by the river?
What?
Could this explain why he emerged wet, frantic and half clothed?
IMO, this video along with the 26 second plea are nothing more than a defense strategy for the jury.

I too wonder what BM was doing splashing around in the river right by home and where the bike was found, (if he was in the river which is not verified-speculation. Maybe he was just searching the same 100 square feet around the home for his wife again, shirtless in the rain? Who knows. Not me. Just speculating). Wouldn't it be an odd coincidence if something suddenly showed up down-river shortly? Hmm.

edited to make it clear this not fact, but speculation.
IMO JMO moo

Last edited:
MAY 14, 2020

"I'm willing to confirm that the bike was found on Sunday evening, the night she disappeared. "

The sheriff has said he doesn't not believe she was attacked by an animal. Read the latest updates at http://cbsdenver.com/tag/suzanne-morp...

CBS/DENVER
Thank you for posting this. TN did state the bike was found Sunday night.

Yet no confirmation from LE.

MSM continues to report that the bike was located on Sunday, May 10 --the day SM reported missing, and Sheriff continues not to confirm information. (And we can count on DM to revise the location, over and over).

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

May 13, 2020

Spezze would not confirm whether they had found her bike.

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

May 14, 2020

“It’s, it’s the hardest thing,” her nephew, Trevor Noel, told CBS4’s Alan Gionet. “She’s a beloved member of her family and the sweetest person that you’ve ever met.” [..] "I'm willing to confirm that the bike was found on Sunday evening, the night she disappeared. [..] Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike.

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

May 14, 2020

A family member of a missing Colorado woman told a reporter on Thursday that her bike had been found, but police have not yet released any details about what has been recovered in the search for Suzanne Morphew.

Cops search a property in Colorado for evidence of mom-of-two missing since Mother's Day | Daily Mail Online

May 23, 2020

The mother, 49, has not been heard from since May 9. A bike owned by the mother-of-two was recovered from a bridge close to her home on May 10, according to local sources – the same day she was reported missing.

Police release Suzanne Morphew’s home back to family, 400 tips received

May 26, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — After more than two weeks, police have still not located a missing Chaffee County woman. [..] A family member told FOX21 News that her bike was recovered the day she was reported missing, Chaffee County Sheriff would not confirm this information. The Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram said the initial report that he got was that they found her bike in a ravine. John Spezze said investigators believe they found a personal item of Morphew on May 14, but would not disclose information about the item.

Last edited:
I thought the youtuber saw BM drive by soaking wet, shirtless and distraught, only minutes before his chat with him.

The youtuber very easily could have been mistaken. He was looking at a vehicle driving by, he was looking through at least one window, from maybe 10 to 20 ft away, and that was his impression of what he saw. That doesn't mean what he described is correct.

This is how rumors get started and then get out of hand:

There is *no information* that BM was "in the river and splashing around." None, zip, nada.

Someone took the youtuber's description that he (TD) thought BM looked like he was wet and shirtless, driving a pickup truck near him, and now that has suddenly turned into a rumor, "BM must have been in the water in the creek..." and "OMG I wonder what BM was doing in the creek!!11!"

It is not verified that BM was actually wet or even shirtless. That's what youtube guy (TD) *thought* he looked like when he saw BM in a pickup truck drive by.

Last edited:
Could have been, sure.
Still, I have to wonder, where did she get the info the bike was crashed?
I am going to take a good guess- her son.

In the recent video, he started talking about the wheel of the bike, then he stopped, hesitated, then changed the subject. Almost like an "oh sheeeet!" moment when he realized that he was talking about something that only he could have known? Especially since he claims he was in Denver and didn't get home until 9 pm- again, in his own words on that video. So how did he see the bike, when his nephew TD was telling people to call LE to find out the condition of the bike, earlier in this case?

Just thinking about the parallels in this case, and the Gannon Stauch case.

In that one, the early narrative was that “Gannon ran away.” Most of us didn’t believe that, as the account was both strange, and law enforcement was not behaving as if they actually believed that.

They never corrected the narrative, while maintaining all along that it was a “missing persons investigation.”

CSI activity at the home, told us what that case likely was (foul play).

Here, we have an alleged bike ride, but law enforcement behavior that does not jibe with there actually being one. If there was a bike ride, then we’d be seeing corresponding behavior from law enforcement (standard abduction playbook).

Likewise, we have seen CSI at the home, and that search of a property that BM apparently worked on.

What is telling law enforcement that this isn’t an abduction is anyone’s guess, but I have no doubt that they don’t believe there was one.
And no leaks no recent pressers - laying low as @riolove77 has guided us - arrest by June 5? My guess only

I think about the image of Suzanne’s bike often. Was it a crash, was it staged, who found it? I go round and round, in circles, because we just don’t know.

So, what images and pictures ARE clear? What DO the pictures tell us?

This woman has been disappeared, the evidence is close to home. Where else might the evidence be? Barry’s workplace.

It appears that the FBI and CBI are on B’s trail. The FBI and CBI are not on (a) the bike trail, (b) the “cat scat” trail, or (c) the abduction tale trail. Opinion only.

upload_2020-6-2_18-53-53.jpegupload_2020-6-2_18-54-21.jpeg

I too wonder what BM was doing splashing around in the river right by home and where the bike was found. Wouldn't it be an odd coincidence if something suddenly showed up down-river shortly? Hmm.

IMO JMO moo
If true looking for something he dropped on the way to ... while disposing of .....
jMO

It's important evidence in a criminal investigation. LE would show the actual bike or a photo to someone who could identify it positively as belonging to SM. I don't see it all that mysterious or a big deal.

JMO

Or they could’ve asked the family for a photo of the bike, or even serial number for the bike if available, to identify it.

Who would that be? They put out a missing person bulletin before BM ever arrived back from Denver. The daughters were not at home.

Perhaps a neighbor knew her bike? Maybe someone in LE knew all 130 people who lived in Mayville and had seen a striking woman on that bike before? Heck, I know a lot of bikes in my neighborhood (I like bikes).

Has LE ever stated that they confirmed ownership? They said she "reportedly" was on a bike. As far as we know, there is no bike.

The only persons mentioning the bike seem to be BM, the nephew and, if you think his mom wrote the email to the church, his mother. But I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbor thought she could recognize the bike.

Some places require bikes to be licensed, as well (serial numbers registered with local authorities). We simply do not know what LE knows about the bike. But apparently, there is no bike there now and BM seems to believe his wife was on a bike when she went missing - so surely he must see that her bike is missing from the home, now that he's back there?

Why would LE show the bike to someone who they are carefully trying to keep out of the middle of their investigation? I am guessing that they asked BM to describe his wife's bike to them, not ever showing him the bike. They likely asked him its last known condition, etc.

I can't remember what else BM said about his phone call to the neighbor, but didn't he ask neighbor to check for car and bike? So surely the neighbor could have merely walked down her driveway and talked to arriving police, with a description of the bike.
This is such an interesting post.

"They put out a missing person bulletin before BM ever arrived back from Denver. The daughters were not at home."

And as has been discussed at length here, the sun had set at 8:05pm. Reality is with the hills and trees losing sunlight is much earlier.

So by 9pm when BM alledgedly arrived it was going to be too dark to crawl down and identify a bike. And by his own admission, they had removed the bike before he got there.

So in fact BM was not on hand to identify the bike.

In the recent video, he started talking about the wheel of the bike, then he stopped, hesitated, then changed the subject. Almost like an "oh sheeeet!" moment when he realized that he was talking about something that only he could have known? Especially since he claims he was in Denver and didn't get home until 9 pm- again, in his own words on that video. So how did he see the bike, when his nephew TD was telling people to call LE to find out the condition of the bike, earlier in this case?
"In the recent video, he started talking about the wheel of the bike, then he stopped, hesitated, then changed the subject. Almost like an "oh sheeeet!" moment when he realized that he was talking about something that only he could have known?"

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is such an interesting post.

"They put out a missing person bulletin before BM ever arrived back from Denver. The daughters were not at home."

And as has been discussed at length here, the sun had set at 8:05pm. Reality is with the hills and trees losing sunlight is much earlier.

So by 9pm when BM alledgedly arrived it was going to be too dark to crawl down and identify a bike. And by his own admission, they had removed the bike before he got there.

So in fact BM was not on hand to identify the bike.[/QUOTE
Perhaps photos were texted to the family for identification of the the bike they found?

And no leaks no recent pressers - laying low as @riolove77 has guided us - arrest by June 5? My guess only
Ha! I wish. At least with Letecia we kind of had a clue where the investigation stood. She couldn’t keep her mouth shut, and we knew a hell of a lot more at this point.

I’d love to have answers soon, but I’m not optimistic in that regard. We’re in the dark.

How is it information only BM could have known? LE knows where the bike was found and so does any of BM's friends from his brotherhood of firefighters who may have been there when the bike was found. BM hesitated because the Sheriff made it clear he did not want to comment on evidence that was found. The only person besides them who know where it was located is the abductor.

JMO

Surely he knows that her bike is gone and was recovered as evidence? He seems to underscore that the bike was found (in a ravine-like place? I can't tell) and that means it couldn't also be still at home. Unless she had two bikes. Even then, he would know that one was missing.
Respectfully snipped from a longer post.
The LE hasn't confirmed there was a bike involved. BM could be the source for ALL references to a bike. He's been seeding that information out there, as far as I can tell.
And several of his statements on other topics have obviously been tall tales—my fave is about searching a 200-mile radius, but also the one about the mountain lion and LE's car—so I don't feel inclined to put any stock in anything that comes out of his mouth. Above all, the bike stuff: it's a red herring he created, IMO.
My reference is to the removed video by TD in conversation with BM upthread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo