Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if one of the neighbor videos hold evidence of Barry’s guilt? That would seal the case for them.

Or, if there is some type of stranger abduction, they would be derelict in their duty not to review the videos. Just strange.

I can only guess they feel they have an airtight case against BM. If so, why not arrest him?

Why rush?

Also, I think the are hoping to find her. MOO

CrimeOnline states:
Draper admits that he was not honest with Morphew when he said his camera wasn’t recording. But he also said he didn’t think Morphew believed him.”

But what about whether he was honest with us? Has CrimeOnline also examined the 1m30s “preview” video that Draper posted then swiftly removed once criticism of his method began to surface? I sure hope participants in the scheduled WS YT livestream on this topic saw it too - many here did.

In that preview video, Draper promotes his “scoop” and makes the statement direct to camera (us) that BM “didn’t know the camera was on...and neither did I”.

So which version do we now believe? Surely we have to be wary of a source who claims one thing prior and another thing after, particularly if it follows criticism of method. We’d quickly leap on The Daily Mail or the NY Post if they made contradictory claims to their audience (us).

If CrimeOnline hasn’t seen or can’t get a copy of that 1m30s preview video from Draper then they should ask around those of us who can supply. Context matters.

Both of you have excellent points, as always.

I want to add that something i find quite telling. A previous WS pointed out, no MSM has picked up the video by TD nor the story. We also heard that as of 1900 EST today LE still had not contacted TD (40 hours after the video was released and TD contacted the tip line). If they thought the clues they were searching for were in that video, IMO they would have acted quickly. Maybe they are just allowing BM to make mistakes. I don’t think they believe the video contains anymore than what they’ve been given as a confabulation of stories. Whether he has or has not done something nefarious, we do know he is an exaggerated story teller and he doesn’t seem as well spoken as I imagined.

CONFABULATION = perfect word for it!

This probably sounds bad, but I feel like it’s very arrogant of Barry to assume Suzanne was kidnapped for ransom. How self-important do you have to think you are to think someone’s going to kidnap your wife for money?

It’s difficult to find specific statistics because googling produces a lot of stories about Americans being kidnapped in other countries for political reasons, but the last one I could find that happened in America was 1976 when children were kidnapped on their school bus and the kidnappers demanded ransoms from their families.

If anyone can find any better info than I was able to find, I’d like to see it because the topic does interest me.

There is the case of Robert Wiles. Ransom was paid but Robert has never been located. "We have Robert" warns $750,000 ransom note - CBS News

Let’s say hypothetically, they have him on video dumping the bike.

Yes, that’s damning, but it wouldn’t be enough to support a murder charge. In that case they’d be able to charge him with a lesser crime, but they probably wouldn’t do it at this point.

I do think there is something strong like that guiding them though.
Sure. I didn’t think of that. Enough for them to know he likely made her disappear but no body to prove it. Not yet.

I don’t look for Suzanne to ever be found, regardless of who did what to her.:(

I don't believe that the bridge can be seen from CR 225 (automobile access). CR 226 does follow the Colorado Trail (or vice versa) farther up, but CR 226 in a two track jeep trail in the rocks used for power line access, and by hikers who prefer to walk in the shade of the forest rather than the intense sunlight of the power line clear cut. Fooses Dam Bridge was originally a pedestrian bridge on the Colorado Trail, but has been taken over by mountain bikers using the descent trail from Monarch crest. It is now too dangerous for hikers. IMO
Those ladies also pointed out a mountain in the distance which I can’t remember the name of but they said it had very steep trail and a body was found on that mountain years ago.

It's important evidence in a criminal investigation. LE would show the actual bike or a photo to someone who could identify it positively as belonging to SM. I don't see it all that mysterious or a big deal.

JMO

Respectfully disagree. LE doesn't show evidence in public any more - not in Colorado, anyway and not in general in the West.

It's a community of 135, some of whom don't actually live there full time, if LE has a verbal description from the neighbor or the daughter, I don't think they need someone to stare at it, to say it's Suzanne's.

Suzanne is reported missing. Her car is there, her bike is not. Bike is found. Matches neighbor or daughter's or husband's description.

Why in the world would they want to show any of these people a piece of evidence? Wouldn't they want to know what those people already had to say about the bike and its last-seen condition?

I don't believe that the bridge can be seen from CR 225 (automobile access). CR 226 does follow the Colorado Trail (or vice versa) farther up, but CR 226 in a two track jeep trail in the rocks used for power line access, and by hikers who prefer to walk in the shade of the forest rather than the intense sunlight of the power line clear cut. Fooses Dam Bridge was originally a pedestrian bridge on the Colorado Trail, but has been taken over by mountain bikers using the descent trail from Monarch crest. It is now too dangerous for hikers. IMO

My apologies...I gave the wrong name of the bridge in my previous post. The small bridge the local ladies showed in their video is near the Morphew home and goes over Foose’s Creek. I believe it’s located on Co Rd 225. I’ve circled it in the photo below.

Attachments

• 81E900F4-E6C0-4AD8-BCEA-FF394E240D67.jpeg
    81E900F4-E6C0-4AD8-BCEA-FF394E240D67.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 35
I missed this story.

Did the mountain lion attack and kill a person whilst in the garage?

Yes? No?

Nope. No attack.. Mountain Lion took afternoon siesta and was tranquilized and relocated.

"Officers from the Longmont Police Department helped CPW tranquilize the animal in the garage. The mountain lion has since been released in the Arapaho National Forest in northern Colorado."

Mountain lion found sleeping under SUV in Longmont garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members