Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that TNs statement early on about the bike (urging that someone should "ask the sheriff" about the condition) does now make sense given what BM said in the video about being upset about the way the bike was handled by LE. We don't know that BM is correct or truthful about that allegation, but it sure seems clear that he almost certainly expressed that frustration early on to TN who then made that comment.

If one does not know what happened to a missing spouse, a multi department search would seem to me to be reassuring. But that's not the impression I get from BMs lack of interaction with LE. Instead, I get the impression that he cannot get past the fact that LE did not infer a certain theory in regards to her bike. I feel that his persistent focus on the bike indicates that he may have been counting on that bike evidence to clear him of any involvement. And that has place a wedge between them that is insurmountable. I hope today is the day that she is found. Moo

Last edited:
Yet the reason LE were called in was because the daughters couldn't reach SM and the neighbor discovered her bike was missing. Why would the neighbor make that up? Is she a liar, too? Are the daughters also lying?

JMO

JMO this information has not been released by LE, so we cannot verify it as true. Second hand information, even when printed, can sometimes be incorrect. If LE says it, I'll believe it. Until there is a source of authority, it is still a rumor, not a fact,. moo

and sometimes they do ..
Cheryl Coker case: Riverside police name suspect, call disappearance a homicide

I wonder what leads them to name a POI and what leads them to be silent?
JMO

I think it will be much rarer in the near future for the term to be used, if at all. Its not working in the age of social media. Once named as a POI someone's life is ruined.

Shannan's Watts parents have been constantly harassed and they are victims...
Her parents have hired attorney’s to try and stop the harassment. The harassment is nonstop, adding "we can't grieve." "We have been subject to threats on our lives all because we are victims of a painful tragedy," Rzucek said…..

Steven Lambert, the family's attorney, said they've contacted Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Lambert said a group of people have been helping the family track down the cyber bullies and are "constantly reporting" them. But nothing has been done to stop the harassment.

"There's no regulatory arm of YouTube, there's no customer service line for YouTube, no customer service line for Facebook to contact," Lambert said. "And we have really tried and racked our brain over a year to get something done."

If this is how it goes for innocent grieving grandparents, imagine being a “person of interest”

Shannan's parent's have no one to sue, they are additional victims of Chris Watts but I would think a named POI who was innocent would be suing the police dept. in the near future.

Last edited:
Yet he opens the plea with a wistful "Oh Suzanne". What do you make of that?
I opined at the time it didn't seem like he knew who he was directing his video to and that was one of the things I noted as strange.

Now he's pushing the mountain lion theory.

BOLO for a kidnapping mountain lion who would like to claim a $200K reward.

These two articles mention that the bike was found, but I can't tell where that information originated . Moo
The articles dated May 18 and 20, 2020 are repeating what nephew TN first reported to the local Denver CBS media by audio that the bike was recovered Sunday or the night SM vanished. As we've long known, the Sheriff/LE has not confirmed any information but there's no evidence I'm aware of to dispute that the bicycle was located on Sunday.

The audio interview with Denver CBS on May 14 is linked below:

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

I so agree and why would be BM be criticizing LE if he killed her! It's ludicrous. He seems very PO 'd at them for not doing a very good job.
Because he knows they are looking in his immediate direction. It makes him uncomfortable and he feels the need to direct blame elsewhere, like, directly at them. JMO

Yet he opens the plea with a wistful "Oh Suzanne". What do you make of that?
Theory and admittedly biased speculation :
He sounded like maybe, just maybe she left of her own volition and he knows this but won't say it.
And so this is all "Suzanne's fault". :(
This was how the entire video came across to me .
And no, I'm not buying it.

Sorry, I think the wording in the video plea was devoid of emotion and compassion.
IMO.

Last edited:
Both good points.

To be fair to the husband, he did mention to TD that they "...had two daughters expected to be at home for dinner on that Mother's Day..." (paraphrased)
Quite an impressive feat as they were more than 14 hours away and were still on their camping trip when they called the neighbor later that day.

And although he didn't mention his wife by her name, he did say that mountain lions will drag their prey up into the hills.
So maybe by 'prey' he meant Suzanne as in she'd possibly been attacked --according to BM ?

It's a strenuous feat to try to be impartial and stay on the fence about this case, whenever the husband speaks --from his 25 second video 'plea' to the impromptu video interview.
MOO

BBM. Do you have a link that they were 14 hours away because all I heard BM say is that they were running late. And he quite clearly said it was LE who saw the mountain lion so obviously LE checked it out by searching the area.

As a trained volunteer fighter living in a mountain region, I don't find it all suspicious BM used the word "prey" instead of his wife's name. If indeed SM had been attacked by a wild animal, the chance she would have been still alive are pretty slim and that is a horrible way for a loved one to die. Especially because BM wasn't home and would be thinking he could have protected her.

I think BM also made it clear that they had thoroughly searched the area. The Sheriff has also said he thinks it unlikely a mountain lion is involved. That tells me that it has been ruled out.

JMO

If one does not know what happened to a missing spouse, a multi department search would seem to me to be reassuring. But that's not the impression I get from BMs lack of interaction with LE. Instead, I get the impression that he cannot get past the fact that LE did not infer a certain theory in regards to her bike. I feel that his persistent focus on the bike indicates that he may have been counting on that bike evidence to clear him of any involvement. And that has place a wedge between them that is insurmountable. I hope today is the day that she is found. Moo
bbm
Good points.

Obviously I will not be speaking to BM.
But if I were, I'd tell him that he should be beyond grateful for the response to find Suzanne or bring justice for her !!!!
Instead of criticizing them. :mad:

I know I would be appreciative.

Not everyone gets this type of response !
Some barely receive any notice and that's tragic.

Draper said he contacted the Chaffee County Sheriff’s tip line and left at least one message about his encounters with Morphew, but as of Monday evening had not heard back.

Snipped from the link above. Curious as to thoughts on whether or not the CCSO, CBI, or FBI, watched the video as we did on Sunday? Even more curious what LE said when they saw it, oh to be a fly on the wall ...

I’ve been thinking a lot about this case lately. Many big happy smiles of this handsome couple , lovely homes, lovely children portrayed as the perfect family in many photographs. I think behind those photos there was a lot of dysfunction going on behind the scenes. This case makes me think of the Jennifer Hart family and all the beautiful photos and vids of a happy family.

JMO MOO

For those asking, I personally have yet to see any statement from LE regarding the bike other than "no comment". The nephew, TN, was the person who told the media (on Thursday) her bike had been found (on Sunday). He also stated that LE would not provide the condition of the bike, and wanted people to push LE to reveal more info about it.

Actually, the Sheriff was quoted as saying he won't comment on any items found. I posted the link upthread.

If the bicycle hadn't been found, I think he would say they are still searching for it because the missing bicycle is why LE got immediately involved.

JMO

I do think that TNs statement early on about the bike (urging that someone should "ask the sheriff" about the condition) does now make sense given what BM said in the video about being upset about the way the bike was handled by LE. We don't know that BM is correct or truthful about that allegation, but it sure seems clear that he almost certainly expressed that frustration early on to TN who then made that comment.
It makes total sense to me. If a third-party is involved--and I believe this is an abduction--if the integrity of evidence was compromised, it would be difficult to hold up in court and that may end up being the biggest piece of evidence they find. Other women have been brutally attacked while out running or bicycling alone and I think that is exactly what happened here.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member