Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Her bike was definitely found. It would be a huge verifiable lie if the spouse and his family were spreading that news and it never occurred. Someone in the family would break ranks.

There is however no value to LE to mention the bike one way or the other however (or they would have mentioned it, or refuted it). LE knows something about this case that they have kept close to the vest and they knew this something right away. They were laser-focused on something after the first day.

Totally agree. The bike was there, but hardly the lynchpin of this case.

You know they wanted a full accounting from BM as to where he was that day (and the day before). They took his phone, IIRC (as the Daily Mail reported that he was communicating through a friend). So they may have immediately caught him in some questionable lies.

But they need way more than a bike and an implausible alibi to take this to court.

Totally agree. The bike was there, but hardly the lynchpin of this case.

You know they wanted a full accounting from BM as to where he was that day (and the day before). They took his phone, IIRC (as the Daily Mail reported that he was communicating through a friend). So they may have immediately caught him in some questionable lies.

But they need way more than a bike and an implausible alibi to take this to court.
They know something so good that they got a warrant to dig up someone's new house...

Something I keep coming back to is why BM would have had the girls and or neighbor call the police? As a Dad wouldn't you protect your girls from making such a traumatic phone call to the neighbor/police. It matters little that he was in Denver, it's YOUR wife..why wouldn't YOU call the police with all of the information, explain to them when you left, why you are worried and that you are heading back. Most men are instinctively protective of their daughters and shelter them from things like this.. especially young girls.
Who said he had anything to do with that decision....oh right, he did. moo

I can’t seem to find the definitive answer to this anywhere: has anyone besides BM said the bike was found “in a ravine”? I recall seeing that it was on or near a bridge but nothing else.

It’s certainly possible that I’ve missed this info - these threads were really clipping along for awhile.

I can’t seem to find the definitive answer to this anywhere: has anyone besides BM said the bike was found “in a ravine”? I recall seeing that it was on or near a bridge but nothing else.

It’s certainly possible that I’ve missed this info - these threads were really clipping along for awhile.

JMO
Im pretty sure the first time we heard "ravine" used was in the most recent interview with BM.

Up until that point there was discussions about the bike being found near a bridge, leaning against the bridge, leaning against a tree, down below the bridge, etc. The DM and NG were where some of that discussion began but we never got the feeling of an exact place until this most recent interview. We finally have someone pointing to a spot and giving us a description.

I was disappointed the person recording that interview did not take us back to that spot and get a camera view of it. I still dont know exactly where that spot was or what it looks like in the area BM was pointing.

Im curious how steep a drop it is and how far off the road the bicycle was.
And where is the actual bike trail in relation to that road where they were standing when talking. Is the bike trail the road itself or is it down closer to where the bicycle was and is the trail cutting through the woods.

Something I keep coming back to is why BM would have had the girls and or neighbor call the police? As a Dad wouldn't you protect your girls from making such a traumatic phone call to the neighbor/police. It matters little that he was in Denver, it's YOUR wife..why wouldn't YOU call the police with all of the information, explain to them when you left, why you are worried and that you are heading back. Most men are instinctively protective of their daughters and shelter them from things like this.. especially young girls.
Yes. Descriptions of BM paint him as someone in control, running things, not hesitant. I could picture this described person picking up his phone and calling the police station or even the police chief directly. But that didn't happen. If he is innocent that still makes me scratch my head. But if he is not innocent, and he setup his girls to handle the trauma alone, that is beyond callous. Moo moo moo

Although BM is high on my radar, everyone is suspect to me, daughters, neighbor, paper boy, etc.
I'm interested in that trail going up to Denver and BM's Firebuds. I am interested in what the Volunteer FF crew does/did. If there were any actions/test burns done along the trail? Something this VF crew does to help primary firefighters?

JMO
Im pretty sure the first time we heard "ravine" used was in the most recent interview with BM.

Up until that point there was discussions about the bike being found near a bridge, leaning against the bridge, leaning against a tree, down below the bridge, etc. The DM and NG were where some of that discussion began but we never got the feeling of an exact place until this most recent interview. We finally have someone pointing to a spot and giving us a description.

I was disappointed the person recording that interview did not take us back to that spot and get a camera view of it. I still dont know exactly where that spot was or what it looks like in the area BM was pointing.

Im curious how steep a drop it is and how far off the road the bicycle was.
And where is the actual bike trail in relation to that road where they were standing when talking. Is the bike trail the road itself or is it down closer to where the bicycle was and is the trail cutting through the woods.

I am interested in knowing if anyone can list FACTS that Barry is guilty. See, I am riding that fence of guilty/not guilty. I read all the comments and the “What Ifs”. LE has said only that Suzanne Morphew is missing and this is now a criminal investigation. Okay.

And from reading WS, I realize the husband must be looked at carefully. But still, there isn’t a squeak out of LE.

About a week ago there was a huge rumor on SM and I was ready to hang BM. As it turned out, it was totally false.

So now, instead of hypotheses, I would like to know what facts you all have so I can get off the fence. You don’t have to respond, of course. But it would be nice if you would help me.:D

I am interested in knowing if anyone can list FACTS that Barry is guilty. See, I am riding that fence of guilty/not guilty. I read all the comments and the “What Ifs”. LE has said only that Suzanne Morphew is missing and this is now a criminal investigation. Okay.

And from reading WS, I realize the husband must be looked at carefully. But still, there isn’t a squeak out of LE.

About a week ago there was a huge rumor on SM and I was ready to hang BM. As it turned out, it was totally false.

So now, instead of hypotheses, I would like to know what facts you all have so I can get off the fence. You don’t have to respond, of course. But it would be nice if you would help me.:D

JMO
Im still on the fence with you and my fence has been leaning a certain way ever since LE dug through pavement the other day.

Im afraid we will not get much in the way of LE verified "facts" because as we saw from the Frazee case, LE in Colorado likes to keep things quiet during an investigation. But if there ends up being actual charges, then the Arrest Affidavit should be a doozy with lots of good information.

When the AA came out in Gannon Stauch's case, the amount of details was amazing. So I have total faith in Colorado LE.

Until there is an arrest, we are left to dig through what little bits we can gather from other sources and most of that we have to make independent decisions whether we want to believe things or not.

I like to use ALL sources of information in a case and I just try to weigh each piece of information and make a decision which pile I will put it in. Its not all false and sometimes there is enough to consider it must be accurate. All depends on the source and how the information is relayed.

Assuming, for a moment, that the "plan" was to make it looks like a bike ride->cougar attack->abduction, then the location is perfect. Any farther away and it raises questions about how she got to wherever.

BBM:

Any further away, and it also likely delays discovery.

I think in the perp's mind, close to home was a better setting.

I think the perp wanted the bike found sooner rather than later.

As we've been told ad nauseam, BM was in Denver on Sunday.
Bike was apparently recovered on Sunday.
Convenient, that.

For the record, I don't think it matters one iota where BM was on Sunday.

I don't think it matters where he was on Sunday, because I don't believe SM was alive on Sunday.

JMO.

Last edited:
Although BM is high on my radar, everyone is suspect to me, daughters, neighbor, paper boy, etc.
I'm interested in that trail going up to Denver and BM's Firebuds. I am interested in what the Volunteer FF crew does/did. If there were any actions/test burns done along the trail? Something this VF crew does to help primary firefighters?
Yes, I'm interested in the Denver trip too.

Many opportunities to hide a body over 143 miles. I'm hoping LE has his cell phone data and is looking for tower pings showing he never deviated from the route to Denver.
Although, if he did the deed close to the house, a cell phone is likely no help at all. Unless he was on a mountaintop (per Lauren Scharf's comment on cell signal out there).

IMO, at the same time and to a degree I think loved ones get a pass for this - they are critical of LE because they are desperate for the missing to be found, a resolution (I don't like the word closure). They are usually left in the dark. LE probably won't return phone calls for updates, they feel like they are being blown off.
I agree. I don't think it's all that uncommon for families/friends to be critical with how cases are handled. There's been a few Datelines and documentaries I've seen where the families are not happy with how LE did things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000