Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my darling friends and foes, anyone else wondering if this is a 411 case?

Hopefully we don't have any hardcore Missing 411 fans (Dave P.) here. IMO, they are great camp fire stories full of suspense and intrigue but nothing more :)

Example: he will create intrigue & suspense around people being found deceased with no clothes on in the wilderness -but I know darn well he's aware of paradoxical undressing.

ETA: IMO

A personal item has been found, along (not beside) with her bike. The house which was speculated to be part of the crime scene, has been returned to the family. Nobody saw her leave with her bike. But it did end up along the trail.

So if someone staged it, that person either forgot about the personal item or did place that item also on purpose. Misdirection? Is this still an abduction with a ransome? Or did she had an accident and someone saw the oppportunity? Did this person placed the bike after she was taken, or immediately? The staging scenario for me can only involve someone with experience; covering tracks, transportation, staying undetected.

IMO she left with her bike for a ride, crashed and abandonded it. She could have suffered a head trauma which would have put her in vulnerable position.

A personal item has been found, along (not beside) with her bike. The house which was speculated to be part of the crime scene, has been returned to the family. Nobody saw her leave with her bike. But it did end up along the trail.

So if someone staged it, that person either forgot about the personal item or did place that item also on purpose. Misdirection? Is this still an abduction with a ransome? Or did she had an accident and someone saw the oppportunity? Did this person placed the bike after she was taken, or immediately? The staging scenario for me can only involve someone with experience; covering tracks, transportation, staying undetected.

IMO she left with her bike for a ride, crashed and abandonded it. She could have suffered a head trauma which would have put her in vulnerable position.
And then someone with ill intent just happens upon her?

Staging is almost invariably done by someone close to the victim, as the purpose is to direct the attention of authorities away from where it would otherwise go.

For whatever reason, law enforcement apparently does not appear to have been thrown off, and have focused on something other than an abduction or accident.

Something I keep coming back to is why BM would have had the girls and or neighbor call the police? As a Dad wouldn't you protect your girls from making such a traumatic phone call to the neighbor/police. It matters little that he was in Denver, it's YOUR wife..why wouldn't YOU call the police with all of the information, explain to them when you left, why you are worried and that you are heading back. Most men are instinctively protective of their daughters and shelter them from things like this.. especially young girls.
In RD's interview it sounds like he told the neighbor "better call 911 just to be on the safe side."

Don't even get me started on that sententece. So we'll skip that and go on to the fact that BM nor the daughters could call 911. It would only ring that local LE where they were. It had to be called from SM's area. It had to be the neighbor.

Staging is almost invariably done by someone close to the victim, as the purpose is to direct the attention of authorities away from where it would otherwise go.

For whatever reason, law enforcement apparently does not appear to have been thrown off, and have focused on something other than an abduction or accident

I've said it before, but this is so reminiscent of another horrendous case we followed last year.
I'm speaking, of course, about the Barbara Thomas case.

LE came out in that one and outright dismissed the husband's theory that she had been abducted, just as LE has come out here in SM's case and stated they don't think SM was the victim of an animal attack.

So many eerie similarities.

"No questions asked." ~ RT (spouse of BT)
"No questions asked." ~ BM (spouse of SM)

As of this writing, BT's remains have not been found.

I'm hoping for a different outcome in SM's case.

JMO.

Last edited:
I was disappointed the person recording that interview did not take us back to that spot and get a camera view of it. I still dont know exactly where that spot was or what it looks like in the area BM was pointing.

I listened to another blogger this morning and my understanding is Ty did return for video of the ravine. Waiting for it to be posted. Also, Crime On Line reporter contacted the Fire Chief on May 21 and reported the FC also said the bike was recovered from a ravine on Sunday night.

ETA: Also, I forgot that Reporter Lauren Scharf also mentioned that her network Fox21 previously interviewed Chaffee County Fire Chief and learned he knew about the ravine at 6 AM Monday (May 11). I'm not sure if they quoted him beyond 'the bike located Sunday night' though.

Last edited:
I am not sure we know enough about who called who and in what order when the girls started to not be able to get ahold of their Mom.
Even if you called 911 in Denver and explained the situation I am sure they would get you through to the proper authority. I think the only thing we do know is that BM did not call the police.
In RD's interview it sounds like he told the neighbor "better call 911 just to be on the safe side."

Don't even get me started on that sententece. So we'll skip that and go on to the fact that BM nor the daughters could call 911. It would only ring that local LE where they were. It had to be called from SM's area. It had to be the neighbor.
He would look up Chaffee County Sheriff, he's a fireman, this isn't new to him. He didn't want to make the call IMO.

I listened to another blogger this morning and my understanding is Ty did return for video of the ravine. Waiting for it to be posted. Also, Crime On Line reporter contacted the Fire Chief on May 21 and reported the FC also said the bike was recovered from a ravine on Sunday night.
Thank you - that was what I was remembering regarding the Fire Chief and the ravine.

Not always. Most of the couples I know, my wife and I included, are unhappy. But we stay. I am always kind of jealous of people that have the courage to get divorced.
Agree. It’s complicated. Sometimes when you aren’t IN love anymore you are still comfortable in your routine and you become sort of like roommates. There are so many reasons spouses don’t get divorced when they probably should. Children. FINANCES. Procrastination. Years of history. HEALTH concerns. Extended family complications. Fear of starting over. Every year going by making it harder to admit wasted time. Feeling like a failure. Facing possibility of growing old alone. Thinking you can make changes and start over. Hearing/witnessing damage from other people’s divorces. Coming from divorced parents. Fighting often but still having fun together so more good than bad. When you are married 20+ years people can. Your priorities, politics, spending vs. saving habits, fitness/body/aging, differing sexual needs, one spouse developing alcohol or drug addiction - as your life unfolds the road you were on together can fork and come back together many times. Love & hate = very thin line! Sometimes it takes something you just can’t ignore such as infidelity but then some people even ignore that. Eventually unhappiness and resentment build up and a spouse can snap and does something in a fit of rage and some spouses are even more sinister and plan to kill their spouse or hire someone. You would think when someone gets to the point where they are fantasizing about killing their spouse they would realize it’s time to get a divorce before a tragedy occurs! Some spouses are too greedy and don’t want to split assets or pay alimony etc. I wouldn’t trade the happy years, good memories or my children for a chance to go back and not get married but I can relate to the feeling of jealousy of people who have their freedom and can do what they want. I’ll probably stay married until one of us dies...I just hope it’s from natural causes! Lol :( I know I know off topic. Sorry I couldn’t help but respond. But I really think it is relative to this case if that’s what happened here. JMHO

I wonder about throwing the bike into a ravine, as part of the staging. Just tossing it in, hard as you can. Not a foolproof way to damage a bike, but possible if it was really rocky or very hard ground.

MOO

Yes. Descriptions of BM paint him as someone in control, running things, not hesitant. I could picture this described person picking up his phone and calling the police station or even the police chief directly. But that didn't happen. If he is innocent that still makes me scratch my head. But if he is not innocent, and he setup his girls to handle the trauma alone, that is beyond callous. Moo moo moo
Where do those descriptions come from? I keep hearing how he is controlling but who has actually said that?

For whatever reason, law enforcement apparently does not appear to have been thrown off, and have focused on something other than an abduction or accident.

It takes time to go up and down the trail. So someone close with the staging on their mind, also knows that. More risk of being seen by anybody. Even at night.

For me it is about the point of her being on her bike somewhere. If it is a staging then I would like to see how this possibly could have gone down. Given the terrain and the timeframe. Multiple days of removing possible evidence and staging?

Can we safely say she was not taken from her house and thus also her bike now that the house is returned to the family?

Oh wow that is good news about us maybe getting to see the area where bike was found.

Thanks for the correction on the "ravine" from fire chief.

I am interested in knowing if anyone can list FACTS that Barry is guilty. See, I am riding that fence of guilty/not guilty. I read all the comments and the “What Ifs”. LE has said only that Suzanne Morphew is missing and this is now a criminal investigation. Okay.

And from reading WS, I realize the husband must be looked at carefully. But still, there isn’t a squeak out of LE.

About a week ago there was a huge rumor on SM and I was ready to hang BM. As it turned out, it was totally false.

So now, instead of hypotheses, I would like to know what facts you all have so I can get off the fence. You don’t have to respond, of course. But it would be nice if you would help me.:D

I truly respect that you're still on the fence and hope you don't feel obligated to move off your post.

If you've not reached "reasonable grounds" to focus on BM, surveillance, and press charges then nothing wrong with waiting to see the DA's case. MOO

If someone wanted to hypothetically divert attention away from the home in that location, options may seem limited.

You could stage an abandoned car scene. But how will you get home and avoid being seen or captured on camera?

You could claim she went on a lone hike. But does she do that and realistically how far might she travel?

You could claim she went on a bike road. This is something she does routinely. She can cover some distance. Without being seen or captured on camera (by chance, the house system is down).

Bingo.

JMO

Where do those descriptions come from? I keep hearing how he is controlling but who has actually said that?
I think it was the church in IN? @Seattle1 has been assisting with the media thread -
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
I will go check
ETA
"Parsons noted that Barry Morphew was not quite as friendly as Suzanne, describing him as sometimes “standoffish.” Still, Parsons said he never noticed any trouble between the husband and wife."
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]
ETA2
The relative said they have never seen or heard about any specific issues in the Morphew’s marriage, and that the couple seemed happy. But they did indicate that Barry could be somewhat controlling.

“He’s been in charge of what happens for a long time,” they said.
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member