Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was NO bike ride that day. Red herring. IMO

JMO
I tend to agree too but I still want to know where the biking trail is in relation to the exact spot her bicycle was found. Because if a perp staged the scene, then he would have done it on her biking trail or biking route.

ETA - If anyone can establish a pin point google map of the exact spot where BM was pointing where the bicycle was that would help. It may be too difficult for anyone to know from that video with both of them on the road. I dont think we can use the other video of just the youtuber pointing to the sharp turn because that was just his theory before he even talked with BM.

Last edited:
Bringing this post by sillybilly early this morning to this thread since some may have missed it.

There has been some tag-teaming going on in this thread. It is when a group of members gang up on or badger another member about their opinion. This happened in a previous thread and members were warned about it at that time. Websleuths does not tolerate this type of posting, and in fact it is one issue that we consider far more serious than many other violations of TOS.

Discuss the case and not other members. This includes referring to other members as fence-sitters just because they haven’t formed an opinion that matches yours, or formed any opinion at this point because they may be considering reasonable doubt. Now there’s a novel concept.

Many good posts had to be removed because the post they were responding to was removed for violating TOS and the responses could not be edited appropriately to retain context.

Stop the snark. If you can’t be respectful in your replies to other members, don’t post.

Thread is open again.

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

Thanks for putting that together, oviedo. Do we know, yet, when BM left for Denver?
Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed

May 20, 2020

“…the house continues to be held by law enforcement during this open investigation through a search warrant that has been sealed by the court,” the sheriff’s office stated.

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze stated that it is not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward, in an effort to seek clues surrounding the disappearance.

Morphew was last seen on Mother’s Day, May 10. Her husband was in Denver, her family says, and a neighbor reported Morphew missing when she didn’t return from her bike ride.

Morphew’s bicycle was recovered, along with an additional “personal item.” Investigators have not described the personal item or released information about the condition of the bike. Sheriff Spezze did say he believes it is unlikely that Morphew was attacked by an animal.
Not really, MSM quotes the family as to his location on Mother's Day - I'm not sure who the reporter is referring to as "her family" since I don't recall anyone from her side commenting so far
JMO

BBM
If he transported her deceased body in his car wouldn't the scent have been picked up by cadaver dogs?
Maybe they did? We are not getting much from LE they are keeping very quiet. Nor did we hear of cadaver dogs hitting on a scent in Chris watts truck where he had Shannan’s body and the girls. We don’t even know if Cadaver dogs picked up a scent in the Morphew home. Perhaps they did?

Last edited:
Maybe they do know. They haven’t released much to the general public. Remember BM lawyered up. Just because it hasn’t been released to the media doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.
After the Frazee trial and seeing those bombshell jailhouse threat notes on paper towels...somehow kept under wraps all that time....we're just trying to put together a sketchy puzzle piece by piece when LE, IMO, has most of it done, just have to place those few pieces that sometimes are in the rug below the card table.

Thanks for putting that together, oviedo. Do we know, yet, when BM left for Denver?
that's one of the missing links. LE haven't said when he left.
BUT LE did ask for home video cams from May 8th-12th, I believe. That was a clue, to me, that
maybe they suspected she was killed before Mother's Day. Or maybe they wanted to track a certain person's vehicle trips on those days.

BUT LE did ask for home video cams from May 8th-12th, I believe. That was a clue, to me, that
maybe they suspected she was killed before Mother's Day. Or maybe they wanted to track a certain person's vehicle trips on those days.
This is my fear, that she was killed before Mothers day.

Maybe I haven’t read back far enough but I haven’t seen any discussion of the short TD video on YouTube yesterday. Maybe it was an older video someone just put up but he is in a different shirt so it’s not from the day he talked to Barry. Anyway he in this video there is a sign right by a bridge which appears to be the little wooden bridge over the river right before the M’s house. The sign is one of those reflective yellow and black type of warning signs. It has some obvious marks/scuffs/small dents or bends in it that appear as if something (car or maybe a bike?) hit the sign hard enough to damage it. In the video he shows the sign and pans in on the fast flowing river behind it and theorizes SM could have hit this sign with her bike and been flung off her bike into the river. I’m confused because this spot is not the same location where BM showed him the bike was found. Anyone else see this yesterday? Thoughts?

Maybe there was no trail to the bike. If Suzanne had skidded (is that a word?) off the road there would likely be tire tracks veering off the edge in the dirt or gravel, and disturbed vegetation and dirt on the hillside, depending on how far down it careered and came to land. As well as disturbance around the bike like her footprints and other marks if she clambered away from it. Maybe it looked like it was thrown there from above, with no rider on it. Perhaps they've used a blood detection hound and there was no blood. Maybe that's why they ruled out a cat, if there was no sign of her having been with the bike where it was.

MOO

Well said. I have confidence in LE, and LE in Chaffee County knows a thing about wilderness disappearances and such. I suspect that if the bike were thrown, the damage to it would be different than if the rider had still been on it, or if it had rolled down the embankment.

I'd put good money on them having used dogs thoroughly and appropriately.

I don’t know when he left Sunday, but I think whatever happened took place the night before. I don’t think she will be found on the way to Denver.

BM claimed in his accidental interview that he was going to Denver to “prep” a site for his workers for the next day.

Driving over three hours both ways on a Sunday, much less on Mother’s Day, when he said himself in that same interview that he doesn’t normally work on Sundays, just to get a site ready for his guys for the next day seems highly suspect to me.

IMO his own words and flimsy alibi will be his undoing.

If BM is responsible for SM’s disappearance, and left the home to set up an alibi, he did so to make sure someone other than himself would find her missing. The fact that his girls would be the ones to discover their mom gone is the cruelest part of all, if he did this, indirectly involving those girls to create his cover story.

IMO JMO MOO

Last edited:
I'm hoping they have everything they need after obtaining Barry's vehicle data. One upside, they're remote, no choice but to drive no matter what you want to accomplish. Reading in the AA/ the Gannon Stauch case... Leticia's vehicle data practically gave them everything they needed. BUT LE still retrieved the video from the car wash, which appeared to be a quick frame of her vehicle leaving the car wash that morning. Extra insurance and if I were a juror, a "visual" so to speak, rather than dry coordinates read off a list. It would give me more confidence/direction as to my thoughts.

Maybe I haven’t read back far enough but I haven’t seen any discussion of the short TD video on YouTube yesterday. Maybe it was an older video someone just put up but he is in a different shirt so it’s not from the day he talked to Barry. Anyway he in this video there is a sign right by a bridge which appears to be the little wooden bridge over the river right before the M’s house. The sign is one of those reflective yellow and black type of warning signs. It has some obvious marks/scuffs/small dents or bends in it that appear as if something (car or maybe a bike?) hit the sign hard enough to damage it. In the video he shows the sign and pans in on the fast flowing river behind it and theorizes SM could have hit this sign with her bike and been flung off her bike into the river. I’m confused because this spot is not the same location where BM showed him the bike was found. Anyone else see this yesterday? Thoughts?
In the commentsvof that video T says he recorded that before he met and talked with Barry.

I was just thinking of the concrete dig. Just because they didn't announce they found evidence, doesn't mean they didn't find evidence. I mean, I don't think they'd be doing high fives or anything that the media would document. Same with the search warrant on the house. We saw a few bags of what was likely evidence, but no idea what exactly was in the bags. Or if it was evidence or just other stuff they needed, maybe to isolate Suzanne's DNA or fingerprints.

Also, someone mentioned up thread, about perps going back to the scene of the crime. Robert Chambers, a.k.a The Preppy Murderer, was sitting on the wall outside the park where he had killed Jennifer Levin while the police were processing the scene.IIRC, that didn't come out until later during the case. I think he was caught by a news photog.

JMO

BBM
If he transported her deceased body in his car wouldn't the scent have been picked up by cadaver dogs?
General question. What could you do to a body to keep it from being scented or had the scent transferred to something like in a pickup bed? I'm not certain even incineration would work if it was recent. Lime? Space blanket? Add an animal carcass?

General question. What could you do to a body to keep it from being scented or had the scent transferred to something like in a pickup bed? I'm not certain even incineration would work if it was recent. Lime? Space blanket? Add an animal carcass?

Well, there's another fun google search in my browser history.

For me I think the biggest clue that BM is the POI is that LE is not sharing any info with him according to his words in his YT interview. If they thought she was abducted, kidnapped I believe they would be keeping him updated with details on the investigation and asking for public help from the public. I don’t believe he has been excluded or cleared as he wants the public to believe unless I hear it from LE myself. He might have already stopped complying. In the presser the sheriff said he was “Complying for now” but that was a few weeks ago. JMO
I don’t know when he left Sunday, but I think whatever happened took place the night before. I don’t think she will be found on the way to Denver.

BM claimed in his accidental interview that he was going to Denver to “prep” a site for his workers for the next day.

Driving over three hours both ways on a Sunday, much less on Mother’s Day, when he said himself in that same interview that he doesn’t normally work on Sundays, just to get a site ready for his guys for the next day seems highly suspect to me.

IMO his own words and flimsy alibi will be his undoing.

If BM is responsible for SM’s disappearance, and left the home to set up an alibi, he did so to make sure someone other than himself would find her missing. The fact that his girls would be the ones to discover their mom gone is the cruelest part of all, if he did this, indirectly involving those girls to create his cover story.

IMO JMO MOO
If BM did kill SM I have a feeling she will never be found. BM being a volunteer firefighter and landscaper I’m sure he would know the best ways to hide a body so she would never be found. LE already was digging under concrete so what does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper