Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still go back to this: IF we believe the bike was actually found where BM claims it was found, how many scenarios actually make sense with the bike found there and the personal items found several days later in a different location? I can only come up with a few:
a) SM went on a bike ride, was abducted, and per threw her items out the window of the car on the way out of town
b) SM went on a bike ride, was abducted, and SM threw those items out the window of the car as a clue as she was being taken
c) BM staged the bike, hoping to make it look like an animal attack. LE didn't buy it, BM (or accomplish) throws items out a couple of days later hoping to change the narrative to abduction.
d) BM kills SM, and either throws items out in a panic or SM loses them/discards them as part of the attack. Bike is staged after the fact.

For the life of me, I can't come up with a good reason for BM to stage both the bike and the personal items at the same time. The initial narrative on this (almost certainly from BM) was an animal attack - the personal items in another location don't support that narrative. So, if one is to believe BM planted the bike, that leaves the personal items as a mistake or planted after the fact. Maybe someone can come up with other plausible scenarios (and I do know we haven't received confirmation from LE that there ever was a bike - though, if not, then one would have to ask why BM is lying about it) that can explain both? JMO, MOO.

I am wondering what happens to POA, if it’s not known if the individual is deceased or not. In that context, maybe the POA was not valid, prompting the court action. MOO - IANAL[/QUOTE life experience
I'm haven't read everything but I don't know if a POA would be recorded. It does however, need to be notarized.
they can be recorded if one feels the need / personal experience

Here is the link to the video interview by Greg Nieto with the mountain biker that reported a “car that was suspicious” that MD.

From the video the cars on the road are going really fast. If she was on a bend in the road getting hit isn’t completely far fetched. Also the car that was out of place on Mother’s Day is interesting to me.

Continuing w/ serial killer, wouldn’t every known offender in Colorado been somewhat ruled out by now...how long does it take?
Curious, not a criticism.
Shades of Shari again, he already had second victim dead and buried, and was moving toward third.
Where is Suzanne in his list? How wide is his range?
Guess what? No description of the “suspicious” car. While IMO it all happened before MD and sadly SM is no longer alive, this just speaks to the tight lipped nature of the investigation.

If they though that his observation was a a possible threat or menacing to the community it would have been announced. IMO this investigation has been laser focused from day 1.
Today is an
Ueven day, so BM is guilty...weeeble. However, since you kinda asked
He switched cars.
Btw this could work w/ hired killer, so I guess I am still weeebbling.

Did we ever find out how BM knew (per TD video) that the bike was found with its wheels pointing up? Maybe LE showed him photos?
Did he know because he placed it that way?

I missed it if this was discussed. I'm a page skipper when catching up.
Good questions !

My impression is that LE aren't sharing very much with Mr. Morphew. ;)

From the video the cars on the road are going really fast. If she was on a bend in the road getting hit isn’t completely far fetched. Also the car that was out of place on Mother’s Day is interesting to me.

I also noticed that loose gravel. In general, I can see a bike sliding or a vehicle sliding while braking fast.

I still go back to this: IF we believe the bike was actually found where BM claims it was found, how many scenarios actually make sense with the bike found there and the personal items found several days later in a different location? I can only come up with a few:
a) SM went on a bike ride, was abducted, and per threw her items out the window of the car on the way out of town
b) SM went on a bike ride, was abducted, and SM threw those items out the window of the car as a clue as she was being taken
c) BM staged the bike, hoping to make it look like an animal attack. LE didn't buy it, BM (or accomplish) throws items out a couple of days later hoping to change the narrative to abduction.
d) BM kills SM, and either throws items out in a panic or SM loses them/discards them as part of the attack. Bike is staged after the fact.

For the life of me, I can't come up with a good reason for BM to stage both the bike and the personal items at the same time. The initial narrative on this (almost certainly from BM) was an animal attack - the personal items in another location don't support that narrative. So, if one is to believe BM planted the bike, that leaves the personal items as a mistake or planted after the fact. Maybe someone can come up with other plausible scenarios (and I do know we haven't received confirmation from LE that there ever was a bike - though, if not, then one would have to ask why BM is lying about it) that can explain both? JMO, MOO.
I think the plan was to stage a kidnapping. The bike would be planted in order to sell this narrative, and the personal item could have potentially been her cell phone (I think whatever it was, it was readily identifiable as being Suzanne’s).

During legitimate abductions, it’s not uncommon for personal items to be thrown out the window (purses, phones, clothing, etc).

So I think that item (or items) may have dumped to leave a trail (she was attacked here, and the perpetrator fled that way).

I am wondering what happens to POA, if it’s not known if the individual is deceased or not. In that context, maybe the POA was not valid, prompting the court action. MOO - IANAL
When you have a valid POA you can do anything and everything that POA entitles you - banks don’t check death certificates all the time in my experience - so if you have POA you can go to a bank and change the beneficiary to yourself and / or transfer everything even after death - you can quit claim property to yourself and sign as POA as grantor - we see it a lot in our law firm
JMO

Good questions !

My impression is that LE aren't sharing very much with Mr. Morphew. ;)
Whell they aren’t sharing e/ us either, does that make us suspects?
Sorry, I am getting a little oppositional, I inherited that from my kids... I am off to google serial killers...that is allowed isn’t it?
Or perhaps killers for hire. I am taking a personal time out....

In a foul play scenario-

The darn bike- I can’t decide if that was a really foolish move (I forgot about the recovered personal item) or a clever one. Am I supposed to believe SM left it there and wandered off, it was tossed after someone took her, an impact accident happened? Or it was not a well thought out plan because whatever event happened was not planned in advance? Then in a rush evidence was planted.

Edit- spelling

Last edited:
The silence that is surrounding this entire thing, is something I have only seen in homicide investigations. That is exactly what I believe this to be.

To me it couldn't be any clearer that LE's actions are indicating their belief. Without any words on their part, and just watching what they've done so far, we know they are investigating this as a homicide case; they are hoping to find SM, who they do not believe is alive. They're not willy nilly going out searching just to provide the public some optics. That would be a poor use of resources. Better to develop evidence, information, leads, and tips, so when they do conduct a search it's based on something.

I believe POA goes away at TOD. I’m not sure what happens if it is uncertain if the person is deceased.

Yes, unless stated otherwise, all the powers extended by a POA cease upon the death of the principal or the person that signed it. In most cases, the death certificate confirms the principal is dead. (The only exception is with a non-durable POA, which ends if/when the principal is deemed incompetent.)

At this time, SM is a missing person and to my knowledge, nobody has officially declared SM is being held against her will. Everybody hopes she's alive. As LE recently pointed out with Madison Bell--missing 18 yr old recently located, it's not a crime to voluntarily disappear and not make contact with anyone.

Whell they aren’t sharing e/ us either, does that make us suspects?

Alas, we are just lowly members of the public and the public is not entitled to the details of police investigations, no matter how curious or how much people demand to know.

Only people who are LE professionals and who are working the SM case will know all that's going on, what leads they're following, etc.

Until or unless there's some kind of news in the case, like an arrest, or a body is found, it will be silent for the most part. The public will not learn much until a trial is held, if that happens.

Could "personal item" have been body part? Perhaps lost en route to disposal? Could that be why the search was limited and the digging up of cement happened, etc?

The personal item is going to be an object. I don’t think there’s any way law enforcement would use that language to describe a body part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum