Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas, we are just lowly members of the public and the public is not entitled to the details of police investigations, no matter how curious or how much people demand to know.

Only people who are LE professionals and who are working the SM case will know all that's going on, what leads they're following, etc.

Until or unless there's some kind of news in the case, like an arrest, or a body is found, it will be silent for the most part. The public will not learn much until a trial is held, if that happens.

Would they announce it or have a press conference if an arrest is made?

When you have a valid POA you can do anything and everything that POA entitles you - banks don’t check death certificates all the time in my experience - so if you have POA you can go to a bank and change the beneficiary to yourself and / or transfer everything even after death - you can quit claim property to yourself and sign as POA as grantor - we see it a lot in our law firm
JMO
mmmm. Good to know! lol

Assuming the bike was staged, and BM's theory is that she could have "made her way into the river", perhaps he was setting the stage to eventually find her in the river or in the Foose's Resevoir. Given the cold temps of the water and depending on a whole host of other variables, its possible that she may yet surface. It seems it would be worth having cadaver dogs back at the river and reservoir to try and pick up on gases of a decomposing body in the water... just my thoughts... MOO

We don't know for sure, but noting that police tape was noticed by drivers in a very conspicuous place just off the Highway 5o turnoff to Route 225, I have to assume it was deliberately placed there and unless the personal item was tiny ( like jewelry) it would be very easy to spot, so easy it would be as if it was planted there.

If it was found there , and I don't know for sure, it would be very odd, indeed. As the personal item would have been on an escape route AFTER the bicycle was disposed of in or near a bridge. It would really have made more sense if the personal item was found very near the bicycle, in underbrush or something, rather than lying on a bank on the side of the road.
Interesting point, could it have been thrown from car?

I was just perusing NAMUS and looking at SM’s entry. The map included as last seen location looks like a restaurant? Anyone know anything about this info?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Edited to add: I just did a street 360 view and I’m not sure what I’m looking at. Fire station? Garage of some sort?
@Dave F. Any ideas on this map that is listed on SM’s NAMUS page? GM has the GPS coordinates at La Beca Cafe Take Out.. o_O

The NAMUS website is linking you to Google Maps and Directions, with Search instructions to locate Salida, Colorado. No place in particular in Salida........just Salida. Google maps and directions has 38°32'05.0"N 105°59'56.1"W in it's database as the location of the town of Salida. Those exact coordinates actually fall in the back yard located behind the white house that is across the street from that garage that you see when you pull up Google Maps and Directions "Street View", but Google Maps and Directions can't take you to a back yard. So they get you pretty close. It's kind of like "on street parking only" but in a virtual world.

If you want to cross check this, copy those coordinates from the Google street view site that NAMUS brings up for you, carrying them over to Google Earth, and paste them in the search window. Google Earth should drop a pin right there in the town of Salida's back yard. If you drop the little golden man icon onto the street there in front of the house, you'll see the same view that you do on Google Maps and Directions.
IMO

I'm haven't read everything but I don't know if a POA would be recorded. It does however, need to be notarized.
POA's, at least here in Michigan, are NOT recorded instruments of legal documents. Neither is the Revocation of a POA.
They just need to be signed in front of a notary and notarized.

Pure speculation based on everyone’s input, ?the conspicuous car WAS seen and found abandoned later w/Suzanne's dna (blood evidence)and that of an unknown person.BOLO on what? You will know I have watched too much tv...stolen? BM could have hired hit man, why?

Alas, we are just lowly members of the public and the public is not entitled to the details of police investigations, no matter how curious or how much people demand to know.

Only people who are LE professionals and who are working the SM case will know all that's going on, what leads they're following, etc.

Until or unless there's some kind of news in the case, like an arrest, or a body is found, it will be silent for the most part. The public will not learn much until a trial is held, if that happens.

Bah, humbug, "lowly members" have taught me much and I am grateful, all the more for future prevention, all is not lost, much is gained. Besides things may change and more information may be made public if it does not hurt a case. There is always a way to find out something more...

Not that this is the way I am leaning but lets consider this for a moment.

She had a bike accident. She hit her head and was disoriented. She wandered off for a couple or few hours or so before she laid down and succumbed to cranial bleeding.

She would likely be 2-3 miles from where her bike was at most but she could be 10 miles away.

We know that it is very difficult to find people in the wild even when professionals search and that most lost people are a mile or so from where they got lost when they are found.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that she did get lost, its just not very probable. She was very close to her home. But if she did get lost it is very likely you might never find the body.

Personally, LE is behaving as if they know something that makes them believe BM is 100% guilty but that something is just not enough to make an arrest.

She may surface from the waters, bloated from the gases associated with decomposing, with evidence of blunt trauma to the skull.... proving who caused the trauma will be the issue... BM would like us to believe bike accident. MOO

He may have had a lot of help and support from SM? He could be a smart landscaper, but successfully covering up a murder is a different skill set. Moo
As an entrepreneur he would have to sell his landscape business, as a firefighter he would know how to fit into and talk to first responders. Murderers? Hmmmm. Getting inside that head is a whole other can of worms. Predators know their prey better than the prey knows itself if a predator is to successfully manipulate and control. That is why they call it Intimate Partner violence. It's a really different kind of thinking.

I believe POA goes away at TOD. I’m not sure what happens if it is uncertain if the person is deceased.
Correct, POA dies with person.
I do not know how it works if person is missing, but I would expect, legally, there would have to be a death certificate in order for the POA to become void. JMO

The personal item is going to be an object. I don’t think there’s any way law enforcement would use that language to describe a body part.

The clue to the meaning here is the word ITEM--def: A single article or unit in a collection, enumeration, or series. Whereas, referring to a body part falls in the category of inalienable possession...lol, I think.

Inalienable possession - Wikipedia

Pure speculation based on everyone’s input, ?the conspicuous car WAS seen and found abandoned later w/Suzanne's dna (blood evidence)and that of an unknown person.BOLO on what? You will know I have watched too much tv...stolen? BM could have hired hit man, why?

Maybe there was a third person involved in some type of confrontation. The vehicle spotted was this third persons car. Body placed in the unidentifed car, taken to location near river/resevoir for disposal.... staging happened next. Just theories. The biker who saw the misplaced vehicle was convincing that it was out of place. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member