Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have knowledge of the terms in your post as it violates WS TOS to sleuth non POI's or suspects.

According to public records, a memorandum for the Land Contract was filed and recorded on May 2, 2019. The purpose was to give notice of the existence of the
Land Contract.

IMO, most important here is that BM acted as SM under POA for the memorandum, signed April 26, 2019.
BBM:

Oh, man.
This is HUGE.

Did SM revoke the POA?
If so, when, and more importantly, why?

If BM was acting as her POA at the time, then she wouldn't have signed that contract.
He might not even have made her aware of the terms/conditions of the contract.
Or, in fact, that the contract even existed.

JMO.

This is a request for moderation...self report...If I were on Sm and reading comments on this case and then continued to read ( I am a book worm) and read and came across a totally unrelated to family but Possibly an interesting note.., 2 yrs old comment, can
I bring this up...I found it disturbing, pm me for more details, moderaters, plz.

OK -well, I’m still not that alarmed. I’m sure there are many “legal affairs” that BM needs to take care of. We don’t know what is going on. Maybe he is faced with medical bills related to SM health issues. Even with insurance, the medical bills get crazy. If the guy needs money, he has every right to sell his real estate. He is being advised by an attorney to do this and he will be accountable to the court. I know it doesn’t look good but it is an uncomfortable practicality.
^^bbm

Respectfully, I believe it's sell THEIR real estate-- jointly owned, and the missing person's interests protected. MOO

It's not HIS property it is JOINT and the Jointee HAS rights even when someone is deceased they still have rights. All I am seeing in IN is a trampling and disregard for the Rights.

Even if documents were signed before/shows intent, we still do not know IF THAT signed document was signed under DURESS. We do not know. All we know what BM is trying to go for.

Huge eye roll if you think lawyers are actually held accountable for the stuff they do. I'll save that for another day.
Exactly and she isn’t around to agree or not is she? Pretty convenient - and still no contract has been produced showing the date she even signed this contract - this was a rush job with all parties including this IN Judge pushing it through without notice to her family based on that docket and no hearing
JMO

BBM:

Oh, man.
This is HUGE.

Did SM revoke the POA?

If BM was acting as her POA at the time, then she wouldn't have signed that contract.

JMO.
If he had a current valid POA he did not need a guardianship IMO however IF he had a special limited POA for a specific transaction at a specific time - well then yes he would need this guardianship - I’ve connected the dots and it tells me a lot
JMO

BBM:

Oh, man.
This is HUGE.

Did SM revoke the POA?

JMO.
That is not true. There is more than one type of POA and/or durable power of attorney. There are limited POA's and even a POA drafted specifically for one purpose and one purpose only.

Regarding whatever the property transaction is it seems the court would require SM to also have an attorney present to protect her interests/assets and those of her daughters and maybe appoint someone for them? Hopefully whoever signed the waiver was informed properly and is watching over where the proceeds end up. I can’t imagine having to deal with this and not have any answers. Hopefully this is an emergency transaction only and SM’s family will have more time to plan and act before the next hearing.

I am sure this has been brought up and addressed in a previous post but with so many properties, why would SM not have had something set up in court already seeing as how she had cancer twice.

To me it doesn't make sense, to not have a previous, instant POA or something.

Why would a cancer patient with many shared assets not have an immediate court process established for BM or other family members to immediately be able to handle necessary, predictable transactions.

It isn't financially responsible or functional.
If you have had multiple possibly terminal occurrences of an illness/cancer.

Exactly and she isn’t around to agree or not is she? Pretty convenient - and still no contract has been produced showing the date she even signed this contract - this was a rush job with all parties including this IN Judge pushing it through without notice to her family based on that docket and no hearing
JMO

Absolutely! Property law is very dangerous when you have friends to push it through. You create even more obstacles. The total disregard for SM is very very sad and shocking!! My god what if that were me :(

No offense to the good attys but everyone is still human, shady lawyer/drug dealing doctors or PTA Moms, I'm fully aware of those.

That is not true. There is more than one type of POA and/or durable power of attorney. There are limited POA's and even a POA drafted specifically for one purpose and one purpose only.
We draft limited POAs all the time for real estate purposes that relate to a purchase or sale of a specific property, however when we draft them, 99.9 % of the time they expire once the transaction is fully completed and the title to the property has been transferred.

Absolutely! Property law is very dangerous when you have friends to push it through. You create even more obstacles. The total disregard for SM is very very sad and shocking!! My god what if that were me :(

No offense to the good attys but everyone is still human, shady lawyer/drug dealing doctors or PTA Moms, I'm fully aware of those.

There are the rules and regulations and then there is reality.
Sometimes our perspective and our habits, inclinations and goals totally prevents us from seeing the one or the other.

Some think only in terms of following the rules and are blind to the processes of those who seek to break them and some who continually seek to break the rules don't understand the reasoning behind them.

Put all these perspectives together and you have chaos.

I am sure this has been brought up and addressed in a previous post but with so many properties, why would SM not have had something set up in court already seeing as how she had cancer twice.

To me it doesn't make sense, to not have a previous, instant POA or something.

Why would a cancer patient with many shared assets not have an immediate court process established for BM or other family members to immediately be able to handle necessary, predictable transactions.

It isn't financially responsible or functional.
If you have had multiple possibly terminal occurrences of an illness/cancer.
In the county records, I see a power of Attorney attached to SM and another to BM dated 5/2/19. With the same date, I’m thinking they updated their will and estate documents.

But to get 3 shady people working in unison defies logic. Husband, Lawyer and Judge all ignoring the rights of a missing person and trying to pull a fast one while an adult daughter signs off on it? I don't believe it. I'm hoping there is a legitimate reason for this to happen despite the unfortunate optics.

If he had a current valid POA he did not need a guardianship IMO however IF he had a special limited POA for a specific transaction at a specific time - well then yes he would need this guardianship - I’ve connected the dots and it tells me a lot
JMO

So if you trust your spouse, you had cancer twice and need to have someone be able to possibly handle transactions in quick order for your estates/beneficiaries sake, you would have either a general POA or a specific POA for each asset put in order.

However if things changed you might revoke them?

What comes to mind is that SM lived with BM for decades and knew his ability or propensity to operate outside of rules and regulations.

It isn't like someone just changes all the sudden, you have almost a lifetime to see how your spouse operates. If you feel safe, you cooperate, if you don't you put in protections if you aren't overtly at risk.

there is an entry for SM on findagrave dot com with date of death may 7,2020, cremated.

i am assuming this is not legit, but does anyone know how this site works and if any random person can submit someone's name to it like that?

You don't need a DC to set up a spot on Findagrave, but they absolutely discourage additions of living persons:

Find a Grave Help

Is it acceptable to add a memorial for someone who is still living?

The site does not encourage adding memorials for individuals who are still living. However, when transcribing a cemetery, it is not always possible to determine if the person is living or not. You are welcome to create a 'pre-need' memorial for yourself provided that you have a pre-need headstone already in place in a cemetery. Memorials for living people will be removed when a family member contacts the manager with proof or knowledge that the individual is still alive (the exception being for 'famous' individuals who already have a burial location in place).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum