Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Most intimate partners who are involved in the disappearance (and murder) of their partner think no one beyond some immediate family will care. They never fathom how quickly it will become news, how big that news will become, how it will be known on several continents. I guarantee most of them are shocked by that.
So very like Patrick Frazee...”people go missing all the time”

In today's Chaffee County Sheriff's Office press release, they noted that "eight tracking and scent dogs from the DOC and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search." Are there any other tracking and scent dogs in CO that would be better trained for this task?
I would venture to say that all dogs trained for this type of work are well trained, and I have no doubt the dogs used in the search for SM were equally well trained and up for the task at hand. If they were unable to pick up a scent, it’s likely because she was never in the areas searched and has nothing to do with their training and everything to do with SM never having gone on a “bike ride.” JMHO

Yes! Something no one mentioned is how he supposedly said to SM, "Listen..." and then proceeded to 'ask' her about him going to Denver for his job early. There was another thing he said where he repeated his alleged conversation with someone else and again it started with, "Listen!...."

I made immediate note of that.
And how about to TD, "Let me show you what happened". Pretty sure he said words to this effect 2x at the beginning of that video. All fits the profile of someone who needs to be in control ... and to show zero vulnerability. His most humble moment on the video, IMO, was at the end after TD compared public skepticism with Watts case when BM said "But you're just here to help ...?"

We know for certain that the Morphews were in the process of selling one of the properties, when SM went missing. We don't know who needed the money. SM, BM, or both. But one or both needed the money. Unless the sale was just part of prudent investment decision of course.

SM going missing and the recent sale of property may be closely tied together.
In the end, BM got the money. SM didn't.

I’m not sure about that. I think it would’ve made more sense to get rid of her after the sale and the money had been deposited in a joint account. Because it could be held in escrow for now. At least her half.

Of course maybe she was making plans to leave and put the money elsewhere. I don’t know.

In today's Chaffee County Sheriff's Office press release, they noted that "eight tracking and scent dogs from the DOC and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search." Are there any other tracking and scent dogs in CO that would be better trained for this task?
I'd think that dogs trained & capable of tracking escaped, dangerous, convicts are a good source.

They were also an immediate source.

I’m not sure about that. I think it would’ve made more sense to get rid of her after the sale and the money had been deposited in a joint account. Because it could be held in escrow for now. At least her half.

Of course maybe she was making plans to leave and put the money elsewhere. I don’t know.
Yes I hope that money is in a locked guardianship account - we have yet to see a signed contract prior to her going missing that consented to the sale of this property that apparently was the subject of this IN guardianship
JMO
Eta - and we don’t know that the sale of this property was to give each party money to possibly start a new life ?
We don’t know what we don’t know

This is puzzling...I have been researching or at least trying to, Fremont County offenders. RV ad in Poncha Springs popped up...so back to the RV parking, are those long term or short term parking, and who uses them?
I think somebody already noted this, but it
wasn’t til I google earthed it, that I realized how close to Ms. It kinda got my hinky meter wobbling...sorta like a kidnapping van supreme. How do you trace rvs? Why is Frémont on the release. How many RV spots like this in CO, US?

Last edited:
His whole response here, in my honest opinion, sounds like he thought about that story on repeat for hours. He walked all the way around the simple question with a complete defense argument. And very little, if any, true emotion. Im leaning toward she went missing before Sunday.

I totally agree. Barry sounded so rehearsed as he recounted his "I was in Denver" alibi to TD. None of what Barry was saying rang true. IMHO.

BM looks like he's outdoors a lot so I'm thinking he is physically on his job sites. Plus he looks muscular in his arms iirc. Maybe he does a lot of labor in his business. idk yet.
We'll see if that matters or not in SM missing.
ETA I even noticed in a YT (?) he dressed like he gets out there and hands on.
He didn't dress like a businessman imo. So I'm thinking he was in the field with his business.

LE has not yet __'ed. Azz-umption?
Not directing at any one post, but I wonder where LE has not done this or that conclusions originate. Do we expect to hear or read from LE media conference a direct quote, like this:

'Detectives canvassed MisPers' neighbors from 9000 block of West Elm St. to 7000 block of East Elm St, and talked w the Andersons, Bakers, Cabellas, Daltons,... Xs, Ys, and Zs. Ms Baker told us she witnessed the OscarMayer weinermobile stop on US 50, then a bushy haired man exited, nabbed SM, pushed her inside, and made a quick getaway heading east on Friday morning May 8. This is consistent w a stmt we received from another individual who reported seeing a suspicious looking car along the highway at that same time.
Tomorrow our presser will detail stmts given by residents of Maple St.'

Just because LE does not make public announcement does not mean LE has not done it/found it but is keeping mum about it. No snark, but in decades (or is it centuries? or millennia?:rolleyes: LOL) of following true crime, have not heard or read anything close to ^ this, but suppose I coulda missed it. :D :cool: jmo

Last edited:
Yes! Something no one mentioned is how he supposedly said to SM, "Listen..." and then proceeded to 'ask' her about him going to Denver for his job early. There was another thing he said where he repeated his alleged conversation with someone else and again it started with, "Listen!...."

I made immediate note of that.

I agree! Starting out a sentence with the word "Listen" reminds me so much of Leticia S.... :(

Or, perhaps not the body but other pertinent paraphernalia was buried in the dirt.... moo

I had a theory I presented a couple of weeks ago that BM may have placed SM in the bed of his truck and drove somewhere he could dump some clean fill and not stir up any suspicion. It would be hiding in plain sight. Driving to Denver or wherever with a truck load of soil and no one would have thought anything about it, especially if he has some landscaping logo on his truck.

Depending where the dump site was, even two hours away, though would have released the chemicals associated with a decomposing body. So if subsequent loads of dirt were again put in the truck bed there may have been enough residual cadaverine to alert cadaver dogs of a deceased body even though one was not found.

I believe even if he did go to Denver, he made a detour to a completely different location and dumped the body before traveling on to his job site. No one is questioning his arrival in Denver because no one knows when he left Maysville.

I agree! Starting out a sentence with the word "Listen" reminds me so much of Leticia S.... :(
We are sooo bad! JMO lol, nowI am going to be so freaked out, whenever someone says “ listen”not laughing at you, laughing at me. As soon as I read the posts, I started thinking who says that? I know two, so far and now I am going be focused... they are good guys, I think?

Swetlik tragedy took place over a very short period Mon-Fri. From the presser, seems that "FBI was in the area" and asked to join Cayce Police a day or so later. So no, I don't think FBI canvassing was only because a child kidnapping and that's their jurisdiction.
@Seattle1 Thx for explaining, as that was a case I did not follow. :)

LE has not yet __'ed. Azz-umption?
Not directing at any one post, but I wonder where LE has not done this or that conclusions originate. Do we expect to hear or read from LE media conference a direct quote, like this:

'Detectives canvassed MisPers' neighbors from 9000 block of West Elm St. to 7000 block of East Elm St, and talked w the Andersons, Bakers, Cabellas, Daltons,... Xs, Ys, and Zs. Ms Baker told us she witnessed the OscarMayer weinermobile stop on US 50, then a bushy haired man exited, nabbed SM, pushed her inside, and made a quick getaway heading east on Friday morning May 8. This is consistent w a stmt we received from another individual who reported seeing a suspicious looking car along the highway at that same time.
Tomorrow our presser will detail stmts given by residents of Maple St.'

Just because LE does not make public announcement does not mean LE has not done it/found it but is keeping mum about it. No snark, but in decades (or is it centuries? or millennia?:rolleyes: LOL) of following true crime, have not heard or read anything close to ^ this, but suppose I coulda missed it. :D :cool: jmo

Hee. Nice use of humor to make a serious point.

Just because WE don't know doesn't mean LE doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur