Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When a family member is missing practicalities should go out the window immediately. Can you imagine learning that your child is missing and saying, "Hmm. Okay. Now, what's the most PRACTICAL thing to do since I'm out of town? As a parent, my knowledge is extensive and would be invaluable in this situation. But I don't have that number. Sure, I could Google it in a few seconds with my phone. But it would be more practical to have my other child call the neighbor lady who would only know the bare minimum about this whole situation or where to look. Or I could call the neighbor lady, myself, and engage in several minutes of 'wait, what?!?!' with her."

To be honest, not only is it odd and irresponsible of BM, but it's not easier or more "practical" to go through the neighbor because he would have had additional steps plus he'd worry his kids.

Its MUCH more likely that he didn't want to be trapped in his car and on the phone with 911 for any part of the long drive home from Denver. We've all heard how many questions 911 operators ask, and BM would have been compelled to answer every last one or risk sounding extremely guilty. It didn't work all that well, because NOT calling is also suspicious, but it's better than a Chris Watts debacle.
This speaks more to his innocenceIMO
We have evidence he was a partner in a happy marriage, everything else has been speculation. I have learned to streamline my communication w/ my family. I do not think he really believed anything WAS wrong, why call 911, until you have checked on Suzanne? The neighbor was a very capable lady. She didn’t need to have permission from anyone to make the 911 call, would any of us here call BM first, if we saw something disturbing?
Many of the puzzling things we have speculated on, make no sense if BM is guilty. Look at the same things from the POV that he is innocent, and many of them make perfect sense. JMHO

We have evidence he was a partner in a happy marriage, everything else has been speculation. I have learned to streamline my communication w/ my family. I do not think he really believed anything WAS wrong, why call 911, until you have checked on Suzanne? The neighbor was a very capable lady. She didn’t need to have permission from anyone to make the 911 call, would any of us here call BM first, if we saw something disturbing?
Many of the puzzling things we have speculated on, make no sense if BM is guilty. Look at the same things from the POV that he is innocent, and many of them make perfect sense. JMHO

I respectfully and completely disagree.

You could slap a pair of rose-colored glasses on my head and make me shotgun a gallon of Kool-aid and I still wouldn't see BM's actions as those of an innocent husband displaying concern for his wife.

BM is the one who claims that the neighbor called him after she went to the house, and that he's the one who suggested that "maybe we should call the police."

So, either BM is a liar, or it was his idea to call the police.
Regardless of which of those two are true, he comes out looking bad.

Husbands who lie about events surrounding their wife's disappearance are suspect.
Husbands who appear to be manipulating people and events surrounding their wife's disappearance are suspect.

Did you hear him ask TD to keep an eye out for an injured/confused/unconscious SM while he was out searching, to dial 9-1-1 immediately if he found her, what to do if she appeared injured, etc.?

No?
Huh.
Me, neither.

Instead, he asked TD to keep an eye out for evidence and if he found "something," not to touch anything.
On account of, you know, DNA and stuff.

One would think finding his missing wife would be the presumed focus and sole intent of searches.
Interesting and, in my eyes, highly damning that the possibility of TD discovering SM there didn't even occur to BM.

The likeliest reason for that not occurring to him is that he knows she isn't there to be found.
On account of, that isn't where he put her.

Did you hear BM ask TD if he had any recording devices and if so, ask him if he could post at least part of their convo to Social Media to help get the word out about Suzanne's disappearance and to remind the public that there's a 210k reward?

No?
Huh.
Me, neither.

Instead, he wanted to make sure that TD put away his recording devices.
On account of, you know, they'd "had a lot of media there" and stuff.

Of course!
I mean, what innocent husband doesn't place concern about public perception of his own image above the safety and wellbeing of his missing, possibly injured, lost and dying wife?

If these are the actions of an innocent, devoted husband doing everything he can to locate his missing wife, then I'm the Pope.

Of England.

JMO.

Last edited:

One can't call 911 if out of the area. The call has to be made within the local 911 service area. If you want 911 called you must ask someone in the area to do it for you.
He said he got home at about 9pm - that means leaving Denver at about 6:30pm for the 2 1/2 hour drive.

When a family member is missing practicalities should go out the window immediately. Can you imagine learning that your child is missing and saying, "Hmm. Okay. Now, what's the most PRACTICAL thing to do since I'm out of town? As a parent, my knowledge is extensive and would be invaluable in this situation. But I don't have that number. Sure, I could Google it in a few seconds with my phone. But it would be more practical to have my other child call the neighbor lady who would only know the bare minimum about this whole situation or where to look. Or I could call the neighbor lady, myself, and engage in several minutes of 'wait, what?!?!' with her."

To be honest, not only is it odd and irresponsible of BM, but it's not easier or more "practical" to go through the neighbor because he would have had additional steps plus he'd worry his kids.

Its MUCH more likely that he didn't want to be trapped in his car and on the phone with 911 for any part of the long drive home from Denver. We've all heard how many questions 911 operators ask, and BM would have been compelled to answer every last one or risk sounding extremely guilty. It didn't work all that well, because NOT calling is also suspicious, but it's better than a Chris Watts debacle.

BLM's pickup truck has been identified in numerous news photos. That make has integral GPS tracking which cannot be defeated without disabling the vehicle. It's a common feature on full-sized luxury trucks. IMO

We had attorneys on here say you can’t have a gag order without charges.

On May 16, 2020 Eleventh District Attorney Kaitlyn Turner, who is locked in a heated election campaign against the former Assistant DA, posted on her campaign Facebook page that she had spent 14 hours helping with the CSSO general search of the area of the disappearance.
It doesn't seem likely to me that she shared information about the case, no matter how innocuous, to enhance her campaign if she had requested a gag order. IMO
Kaitlin Turner for District Attorney

Was it BLM’s intention to come home from Denver that night, or was he sleeping in a hotel there? Did he finish setting up the jobsite once he heard, or drop everything and get on the road? What time did he start setting up for his crew? Why wasn’t he already done by 6:30 at night? What time did he leave for Denver that day? Was he hanging in his hotel room when he got the call?
Maybe the timeline didn’t add up for LE.

This detail has been bothering me. If the 911 call was made about 5:45, why did it take BM so long to make that drive?

Good point.

If it felt un-urgent to him to hurry back, I’d think he’d call a fire department or police buddy to “go check the house, check on Suzanne” instead of asking the neighbor to call 911.

sorry if this is repetitive, but do we know for certain the call came in to 911 and not the non emergency line?

This early DM article says that BM wasn’t allowed in the house when he arrived, so a serious investigation was likely already underway:

“But DailyMail.com can now reveal that Morphew, 52, has not been allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver.”

The same article also has a pic of the neighbor, who appears to be very healthy and capable.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member