Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reread the article and a lot of the things said are not true-we know that now. But I am hoping that LE actually did have BLM’s truck and phone. If they did, I am sure they are a lot farther along in their investigation. I think those two things alone would be telling as far as guilt or innocence.
Here’s another newspaper confirming they took his car and phone. You have to log in to read it or use a proxy site to bypass it.

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt on the building site where Colorado politicians are looking - The News Bullet

PS. There’s something wrong with the site’s html code. Lot’s of errors show up.

Last edited:
Excellent! He used the neighbor as part of plan B.
I thought so, too.
Until some more thinking...and speculating.
Using the neighbor could've been Plan A always.

The plan: He would be in Denver. The girls would be heading home. They are to contact Mom to pick them up when they arrive at certain location. Mom doesn't reply when they let her know arrival time.

A slurry of phone calls expected to begin between BM, the daughters and the neighbor (alibi). Manipulation.

JMO and Hypothetical

Thank you,<modsnip>
I am curious about clusters of disappearances, and how SM fits into one. I have googled one local BAD GUY in particular, but there are other SOs in the area. It takes just as much time and energy for LE to be ruling them out, and I am confident LE has been checking them while fully investigating BM. The BG I mentioned has been described as somewhat inept, but I guess he could have stepped up his game or gotten lucky. He appears to drift around.
I am just an amateur, but LE has probably been investigating random abductions as well as BM and local known characters, therefore I don’t need to.
This has left me to research the clusters.
Random unexplained disappearances aren’t rare, there are far too many on the FBIs 100 missing, plus NAM US, site, Charley Project, etc.
The rarity here is Suzanne’s risk factor. Simply this, her ordinary everyday life and her mountain trail riding, where did they intersect w/ evil.
MOO this is a very real possibility, but it is incredibly difficult, especially w/o a body.
David Paulides Missing 411 terrifies me. Many of the cases he investigates also have low risk factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually an important puzzle piece to me. Do we actually know the
Home surveillance cameras weren’t working? There is so much speculation to wade thru, and very few facts. I believe there could have been surveillance somewhere showing someone other than BM grabbing SM. LE would then need to identify this person as well as rule out involvement by BM
This would explain apparent focus shifting from lion to BM. Home surveillance camera could do this quickly and reason shift was made.
Unidentified person search encompasses total stranger(random) and someone connected to BM.
Maybe this has already been noted. Apologies, if so. But I plugged SM’s address into a few tools that identify Internet service providers available at that location. Technically, the house is in a dead zone for all broadband, even satellite. (Although it’s close enough to the edge of the map that it’s conceivable a look-angle might be available if things line up just right. It appears HughesNet’s orbital slots have a higher likelihood for service than ViaSat’s. But it’s hard to say without actually doing a site survey.)

Of course, satellite is a notoriously poor choice for apps that transmit a lot of data — apps like security video. So it’s possible that the reason security cameras may not have been working (assuming that’s the case) is because they were throttled or configured for such low-res as to be essentially useless. It’s also possible that the security video system is one that records locally rather than to the cloud. This would make more sense to me. If that’s the case, and there are unexplained gaps in the footage, it could throw some big red flags for LE. Has anyone noticed a satellite dish in any of the pics and video of the property?

6 Best Internet Service Providers in Salida, CO (Jun, 2020)

I just have to say it cracks me up when I see all this tutting about the neighbor being a “senior citizen.” I’m close to 70 and am perfectly capable of walking several miles and I could easily check on a neighbor using my full faculties. I’m guessing that any “senior” living in any kind of remote area is in at least decent physical and mental shape. I feel like there’s this implication she wasn’t capable of helping or evaluating the situation.
Yes, I agree. I'm close to that age and I do ballroom dancing. It's not easy at times.

I believe the job. Per previous posts it was arranged three weeks in advance! Now if the crime was commited on May 9th or earlier, he has the perfect alibis. Leave his phone at home, maybe S could not ‘find’ her Phone. Go for a drive together.... one comes back.... Drives to Denver the next day. Alibi checks out. No reason to be suspicious if they were seen together before May 10th. Now for that item that was found near the bike that LE refused to tell (per Dad with a phone). BM what it was? I am struggling... why would they shut up and not talk with him on the first evening. That item is hugely important. What in the heck was it? Phone with his fingerprints???
^^bbm

I don't believe there have been any previous posts and/or reports that BM's Denver job was planned 3 weeks in advance. If so, that would have avoided all the misreporting that BM was attending fire training on May 10! To my knowledge, the only MSM reported job scheduled in advance may have been the dirt work BM completed at the searched, home build site in Salida-- but not Denver.

Last edited:
Maybe this has already been noted. Apologies, if so. But I plugged SM’s address into a few tools that identify Internet service providers available at that location. Technically, the house is in a dead zone for all broadband, even satellite. (Although it’s close enough to the edge of the map that it’s conceivable a look-angle might be available if things line up just right. It appears HughesNet’s orbital slots have a higher likelihood for service than ViaSat’s. But it’s hard to say without actually doing a site survey.)

Of course, satellite is a notoriously poor choice for apps that transmit a lot of data — apps like security video. So it’s possible that the reason security cameras may not have been working (assuming that’s the case) is because they were throttled or configured for such low-res as to be essentially useless. It’s also possible that the security video system is one that records locally rather than to the cloud. This would make more sense to me. If that’s the case, and there are unexplained gaps in the footage, it could throw some big red flags for LE. Has anyone noticed a satellite dish in any of the pics and video of the property?

6 Best Internet Service Providers in Salida, CO (Jun, 2020)
I believe this report is fairly accurate. More than one Reporter has stated that they had no cell service at or near SM's residence and could only get a signal when moving to higher elevation or hill a couple miles away. Home internet service probably suffers the same fate.

Last edited:
Premeditation. That is quite possible. If one is determined to disappear a spouse, it would seem smart to carefully select a prepared site that you were confident would not be found. In that case, the options are endless, aren't they? Months of scouting out sites, mediculously going over details in ones mind. This is the fence that I sit on, premeditation or a sudden fit of rage. At this point, I'm going with the later. Moo
Early on in SM’s disappearance I was leaning toward a crime of passion, explosive anger, roid rage type of incident. More recently, I’m inclined toward premeditation, with: the daughters out of state and possibly out of cell range, Barry out of town, a holiday, and the additional cover provided by the Covid stay at home mandate possibly obscuring her last known whereabouts/last date seen in public. Maybe all of these things are merely coincidental, but it seems like too many things to accidentally line up in this way.

Early on in SM’s disappearance I was leaning toward a crime of passion, explosive anger, roid rage type of incident. More recently, I’m inclined toward premeditation, with: the daughters out of state and possibly out of cell range, Barry out of town, a holiday, and the additional cover provided by the Covid stay at home mandate possibly obscuring her last known whereabouts/last date seen in public. Maybe all of these things are merely coincidental, but it seems like too many things to accidentally line up in this way.

I tend to agree. However, if there was tension in the home and a plan for a wife to discuss dissolution with the husband, I can see a mom encouraging the family to be away from the home whether it be a trip or just staying the weekend with friends. I guess I'm still stradling the middle. o_O

I respectfully and completely disagree.

You could slap a pair of rose-colored glasses on my head and make me shotgun a gallon of Kool-aid and I still wouldn't see BM's actions as those of an innocent husband displaying concern for his wife.

BM is the one who claims that the neighbor called him after she went to the house, and that he's the one who suggested that "maybe we should call the police."

So, either BM is a liar, or it was his idea to call the police.
Regardless of which of those two are true, he comes out looking bad.

Husbands who lie about events surrounding their wife's disappearance are suspect.
Husbands who appear to be manipulating people and events surrounding their wife's disappearance are suspect.

Did you hear him ask TD to keep an eye out for an injured/confused/unconscious SM while he was out searching, to dial 9-1-1 immediately if he found her, what to do if she appeared injured, etc.?

No?
Huh.
Me, neither.

Instead, he asked TD to keep an eye out for evidence and if he found "something," not to touch anything.
On account of, you know, DNA and stuff.

One would think finding his missing wife would be the presumed focus and sole intent of searches.
Interesting and, in my eyes, highly damning that the possibility of TD discovering SM there didn't even occur to BM.

The likeliest reason for that not occurring to him is that he knows she isn't there to be found.
On account of, that isn't where he put her.

Did you hear BM ask TD if he had any recording devices and if so, ask him if he could post at least part of their convo to Social Media to help get the word out about Suzanne's disappearance and to remind the public that there's a 210k reward?

No?
Huh.
Me, neither.

Instead, he wanted to make sure that TD put away his recording devices.
On account of, you know, they'd "had a lot of media there" and stuff.

Of course!
I mean, what innocent husband doesn't place concern about public perception of his own image above the safety and wellbeing of his missing, possibly injured, lost and dying wife?

If these are the actions of an innocent, devoted husband doing everything he can to locate his missing wife, then I'm the Pope.

Of England.

JMO.

1000 likes!

I’m referring to what BM said about Mother’s Day. He says that he talked to SM about it. Plans were made between him and SM. But the plans changed because the girls were late. So she was alone, unplanned.

Did he know she was spending MD alone? When did he know?

MOO
bbm
Agreed.

This is more important than we realize.

In what order were the calls to the neighbor and the 911 call made ?
How much time was spent looking for Suzanne and calling her before the "emergency" response ?
We still don't know that.

It would take some time for most people to call 911 if their spouse was missing, depending on the circumstances.
After calling and texting, how long did BM drive around to where she was supposedly "biking" ?

Sometimes a person is late because they stopped at a friend's or if driving they slid off the road and were stuck in the snow or whatever.
BM's accounts are confusing because they keep changing.

In the surprise interview with TD he (BM) mentions a mountain lion and also falling into a ravine and washing away in the creek.
Speaking of the creek, how deep is it ?

And if prior to the interview he was searching for Suzanne-- why was he doing it alone ? (although his mother was with him)
Why not tell LE you need to come and help search in this location because....(bike accident, mountain lion, fill in the blank.)
Imo.

I believe this report is fairly accurate. More than one Reporter has stated that they had no cell service at or near SM's residence and could only get a signal when moving to higher elevation or hill a couple miles away. Home internet service probably suffers the same fate.

My experience living in rural Utah is that, while cell service sucks, inside homes there's usually internet, either via dial-up or satellite. It would be really hard to run a business, in any case, without internet at home. But it is possible that their internet was slow at home, which would explain the drop off in Suzanne's instagram postings (maybe she could only do them from Salida).

If they had a home security system that couldn't avail itself of wifi and internet, then it was a very impaired system, relying only on the occupants to check saved video footage (no notifications from cameras if no wifi available and no sending pictures to devices without the internet while away from home - the big value of home cameras is being able to check the house while away, IMO).

So BM lied when he said his daughter texted Happy Mother's Day and got no reply? (TD video)
The only way to contact someone in the house is via landline?

I tend to agree. However, if there was tension in the home and a plan for a wife to discuss dissolution with the husband, I can see a mom encouraging the family to be away from the home whether it be a trip or just staying the weekend with friends. I guess I'm still stradling the middle. o_O
Yes, it’s hard to say because she could’ve died in a fit of rage and then the subsequent coverup was crafted to accommodate the situation.

Personally, I think he was in Denver because he needed his personal gps data to support his alibi, but I don't believe the job part.

If Denver was part of the plan, the ‘job part’ had to be part of the plan as well. For BM’s story to have any credibility, he must have visited a job site on Mother’s Day. If he didn’t, his story falls apart very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia