Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have driven his truck to Denver, left his phone there, took another vehicle back to the house ... left her watch and phone at home with the story, “oh she doesn’t always take them when she rides her bike” ...
This would probably mean an accomplice but maybe it was a vehicle that belonged to one of his employees? Like, “hey man can I borrow your truck to go to a club? My wife has a tracking device and if she sees my truck leave ... I’m in big trouble.”
I know that sounds a bit far-fetched ... I’m sure employee would relay that info to LE if that happened.
A rental car would be noticed, too.
Theoretically ... why couldn’t he have taken an old company truck that doesn’t have GPS and no one knows the last mileage count? Just speculating ... or just my opinions.
The new truck has gps and wifi hot spot. (Thx Dave) Although they can't be disabled internally, is there an on/off in the cab that would give someone the impression that they can make their movements untraceable by turning it off? Moo

Pretty sure it wasn't a lack of cellular coverage that prevented Suzanne from communicating with her daughters.

Moreover IMO she didn't willingly separate herself from her phone. Especially on Mother's Day weekend, with her daughters away and/or on the road.

I believe, rather, she was separated from her phone. By the same person who disappeared her.

Digital forensics will tell the story.

While it MAY be possible to misdirect an investigation by manipulating cellphones (as in the case of convicted Frazee), it's impossible to rewrite the cellphone history going backwards! People's usage and habits are typically consistent and changes to those patterns will be stark!

In the end, even the most savvy criminals are never as smart as they think they are.

Perhaps there will be a whisper of justice in that Suzanne may get the last word, her ACTUAL last word, as confirmed by person, talk or text -- which will establish the timeline, crush the alibi and, ultimately, result in conviction.

JMOJMOJMO

Those items would be visible to GPR (ground penetrating radar) as well. Would be hard to tell what the fragments are until uncovered. And would fit the "not associated with Suzanne at this time" because getting proof that fragments of the watch belonged to any particular person would take some time. It might take quite a bit of time. It's the kind of problem I'd love to see LE solve. And they can. So many clues would enable them to use fragments of a watch as evidence. Apple stores so much info about the watch itself and what it's been up to, up until its smashing.

Since in this case there's some obvious "reverse detecting" (LE knows exactly what devices the Morphews owned and what iCloud says about their various travels). So IF Suzanne had an apple watch or other smart device, that might be a piece of evidence a perp would want to destroy (whoever he or she is) and they might choose an unusual disposal method.

Would smashed watch pieces look that much different than sediment or gravel? That’s fascinating to me that GPR could detect the differences. I know nothing about this technology - helpful to have your knowledge on it.

On Mothers Day? A Sunday?

I'm near LA and I don't think the traffic is typically bad on Sundays. At least nothing like during the work week.
So, I guess I don't know about Denver.
I expect NYC might be the worst tho.
The traffic in Denver is heavy, night and day; unless the Broncos are playing division championship game at home in Mile Hi. That hasn't happened in a while., so yeah......it's heavy all the time. IMO

I am in the NYC area, and I remember one Mother’s Day when I almost missed my flight at JFK due to traffic. I believe that both the Yankees and the Mets were in town. Traffic was almost non-existent this Mother’s Day due to COVID. I’m not sure if the isolation was the same in Colorado at that time. I saw some white water postings from that weekend in the Salida area.

The new truck has gps and wifi hot spot. (Thx Dave) Although they can't be disabled internally, is there an on/off in the cab that would give someone the impression that they can make their movements untraceable by turning it off? Moo
NO........all of them are linked to the manufacturer's trouble service GPS locator system. In Ford's case, it's called SYNC. The electronic remain on forever, whether the owner subscribes to the service or not. Until these systems were operational and standard equipment, luxury pickup trucks were the stolen vehicle most in demand in the United States. Subscribers also rate their performance very high for emergency road service, diagnostics, etc. IMO
https://owner.ford.com/support/sync-terms-and-conditions-of-use.html

The truck has been discussed, but what about the Jeep seen in the garage photos? Does it also have the same tracking capabilities?
My thought when I saw the Jeep was that it must belong to the sister that wasn't driving that weekend. I can't speak for either girl, but when I was that young if my Dad had even rested his hand on my car, I would have spotted the print, and at the very least, there would have been some side-eye going on. JMO

Every day I check YouTube to see if anything new is posted concerning SM. Today I ran across this Colorado newscast that was uploaded yesterday. The news reporter states that LE found "several personal items" belonging to SM. This is the first time I've heard of several items being found. I wonder what they are?

According to him, he arrived back at 9 pm.

Source: TD's video.

And presumably after LE had arrived on scene to coordinate a search.

I wonder how much time elapsed between them looking for a missing cyclist who could be injured to pivoting to BM as an alleged POI. It would be interesting to know when that moment actually occurred.

I thought it had been established that he was in Denver to get ready for a “landscaping” job which would begin on Monday morning?
I’m not saying he might not have attended the Fireman’s Calendar Show that weekend, but to my knowledge - he was not there for anything to do with Fireman training or duties that weekend.
The Fireman training was canceled because of COVID. I even wonder how many hotels were open in Denver that weekend. Perhaps a few.

Every day I check YouTube to see if anything new is posted concerning SM. Today I ran across this Colorado newscast that was uploaded yesterday. The news reporter states that LE found "several personal items" belonging to SM. This is the first time I've heard of several items being found. I wonder what they are?

Yes, Sheriff Spezze reported this on May 15th. They found one item that day and several the day before.

Absolutely. And what if the last known ping from SM's cell phone or watch was from the searched building site? What if BM and SM's phones were paired together at the building site but when BM left the site with his phone, SM's phone never transmitted again and still has not been located.

I never believed the searched site good for a body but definitely destroyed evidence. I think BM left something at that site that caused investigators to return there. MOO
What an excellent post. They may well have that evidence among other things. They're building their case against BM. I just want SM's body to be found. Her daughters need to have her come home for a proper burial. MOO

Wasn't the jeep the prior owner's? The picture of the white jeep was from when the homes was listed for sale?

I'm just wondering as I may have missed it somewhere, but does SM have her own vehicle?

Also just jumping off the earlier post where someone mentions cell coverage - I believe they must have cell coverage because if they didn't surely there wouldn't have been as much panic when the girls couldn't get hold of their Mum they could have just thought she's not receiving the message. I still think it's a red flag that BM asked the neighbour to call 911 - if that was me trying to get hold of my other half and they weren't responding and I'd asked my neighbour to check bike status and the neighbour came back and told me that the bike was not there, I would immediately wonder if my other half had perhaps crashed their bike or had some type of accident therefore i think my first call would be to the hospital to check if they were there. Then possibly asking someone closer by to take a drive around the area to see if they can find them, I'm pretty sure I would do all of the above before I called 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia