Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day I check YouTube to see if anything new is posted concerning SM. Today I ran across this Colorado newscast that was uploaded yesterday. The news reporter states that LE found "several personal items" belonging to SM. This is the first time I've heard of several items being found. I wonder what they are?

To be clear, it was uploaded to users channel recently but the News13 report was broadcast on May 15, 2020.

For those of you who have prior LE experience, isn't it true that someone close to the victim who is basically asking to be given a polygraph and volunteering to give their DNA and anything else needed is typically not going to be a POI? Meaning: the very actions of volunteering for all of it, with no hesitation shows the person has nothing to hide?

I remember Marc Klaas did that when his daughter, Polly, went missing in 1993. He wanted LE to concentrate on finding the abductor and LE was looking at him, so he gave them whatever they needed, no holds-barred. I don't think he had an attorney.

IMO

Would smashed watch pieces look that much different than sediment or gravel? That’s fascinating to me that GPR could detect the differences. I know nothing about this technology - helpful to have your knowledge on it.

They sure could. Metal stands out on x-ray and the edges of parts have non-organic shapes. I don't know how it would look if thoroughly pulverized (but that would be hard to do - the frames of watches and phones are pretty durable.

I think it's doubtful that anyone placed evidence in that manner, but I'm always surprised by these cases and what forensics can find. Reading x-rays is not my specialty, but even I can often pick up a small foreign body on a human x-ray because of the high contrast between metal and any organic material like dirt or inside of a human body.

My thoughts ..... on BM .... I think it's difficult to look at a couple that's been married for 27 years and think the husband is possibly the one that is responsible for his wife's disappearance. I think if BM is responsible for SM missing, what was he thinking, timing is everything, they'll never suspect me, of doing this, its Mother's Day. Well on another note, if a person/s are capable of doing something this, they're very detached from their body.

Just my moopinion

Agreed.

I’m still very hopeful that he was not involved because the reality of a husband and father making his wife “disappear” is too inconceivable for me to accept without seeing the evidence. Murder is one thing; people snap. It’s the cover up that would be involved that makes me have doubt. Could he really do that to his kids?

Dulos did.

It seems obvious where LE is looking. That’s all I know for sure. Hoping for Suzanne to be found, and justice served.

MOO

For anybody curious about BM's journey home from Denver, I believe he most likely traveled home via US285.

There are about 6 cameras covering his route home that you can check 24/7. US285 produces still shots updated 10-15 min intervals (versus interstate streaming camera).

You can click on the map or just set the filter to US285 at link below. I've been checking this route for almost a month and it's eerily quiet.

Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation

For those of you who have prior LE experience, isn't it true that someone close to the victim who is basically asking to be given a polygraph and volunteering to give their DNA and anything else needed is typically not going to be a POI? Meaning: the very actions of volunteering for all of it, with no hesitation shows the person has nothing to hide?

I remember Marc Klaas did that when his daughter, Polly, went missing in 1993. He wanted LE to concentrate on finding the abductor and LE was looking at him, so he gave them whatever they needed, no holds-barred. I don't think he had an attorney.

IMO
^^bbm

I don't think investigators deem that anybody cooperating will typically not be a POI.

Most recently, Chris Watts voluntarily went to the police station to answer questions about his missing wife and children, and returned the following morning to take a polygraph that he failed miserably -- all the while promising that he wasn't lying!

He was the most cooperating murderer I've ever watched! He never contacted an attorney or asked for an attorney during questioning. (He eventually confessed to murdering and disposing of his entire family).

Marking my spot.

Where are you, Suzanne ? :(

As much as I'd like to think it... I doubt that she left and fled away to start a new life with someone else.
In that case it would mean she was alive and safe somewhere.

Because in that scenario I feel she would have somehow managed to get a message to her daughters.

Marking my spot.

Where are you, Suzanne ? :(

As much as I'd like to think it... I doubt that she left and fled away to start a new life with someone else.
In that case it would mean she was alive and safe somewhere.

Because in that scenario I feel she would have somehow managed to get a message to her daughters.
I so agree @LietKnes. The agony of her daughters not knowing SM's whereabouts must be unbearable. Wishing them nothing but peace and calming comfort for the days ahead.

@TxGidget This is one of the best compilations of the existing “facts” given by the people closest to the Ms. I would have to put my speculations up against the people on the ground who knew the Ms and believe myself a better judge of his character than all those who knew them well to continue to think BM is guilty. It answers so many of our questions. How do I temporarily attach this to all my posts...thank you!

INNOCENT! but incredibly sad, so sad.

They sure could. Metal stands out on x-ray and the edges of parts have non-organic shapes. I don't know how it would look if thoroughly pulverized (but that would be hard to do - the frames of watches and phones are pretty durable.

I think it's doubtful that anyone placed evidence in that manner, but I'm always surprised by these cases and what forensics can find. Reading x-rays is not my specialty, but even I can often pick up a small foreign body on a human x-ray because of the high contrast between metal and any organic material like dirt or inside of a human body.

Thank you that makes a lot of sense now knowing that it is an X-ray. For some reason I was thinking more sound waves or other signaling. I’m a physician ( though not a Radiologist) and metal, even tiny shards, will definitely look different. ( I remember seeing a film of a metal grill brush piece stuck in someone’s throat. Crazy how tiny it was yet obvious).

Violence on Holidays?
Maybe since Suzanne disappeared on Mother's Day, there will be an arrest on Father's Day. Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony?
@Knox :) Mother's Day. Not that it (necessarily) happened here, but I recall cases of husbands killing on Valentine's Day, the wife's birthday, and their wedding annniversary, some preceded by a gift & greeting card w loving sentiments.

"Your honor, I cared enough to send the very best, Hallmark."
AFAIK, ^ that ^ is not on the list of mitigating factors for sentencing. /sarc :rolleyes:

Sad, sad, sad, husbands & wives injuring or killing each other, any day of the year.

Last edited:
Never!!! Take a polygraph. Never. Especially if innocent.

If you have ever had someone you love go missing you would know that you’d leap to do whatever it takes to find that loved one.

Take a lie detector test. Talk to cops without an attorney. Hand over your phones, computers, car. Allow them to search you, your body or your home without a warrant. On and on.

I don’t go off what criminal defense attorneys advise in cases like this. And my law partner is one, who I adore. I go off human nature.

In 16 years of being a websleuther and many more researching true crime, I have never seen an innocent person (or at least one proven to be innocent) refuse to do whatever it takes to find their child or partner. At least not in those initial, horrible weeks. The only time I’ve seen innocent people put the brakes on is when they’re arrested. Like poor Kevin Fox, the father of Riley.

The agony of having someone you love missing, fearing the worst, bargaining with God to get them back, makes a person do anything they can to find them.

Just like people run into burning houses to rescue their loved ones, with no regard to their own safety.

Even when they’re being torn apart by LE, people that desperate don’t care. Their freedom, their constitutional rights, none of that matters to them at that moment.

I’m an attorney and I would immediately do ANY of that if my loved one was missing. Because nothing else would matter to me and I’d be desperate to help the investigation so they could be found.

If you have ever had someone you love go missing you would know that you’d leap to do whatever it takes to find that loved one.

Take a lie detector test. Talk to cops without an attorney. Hand over your phones, computers, car. Allow them to search you, your body or your home without a warrant. On and on.

I don’t go off what criminal defense attorneys advise in cases like this. And my law partner is one, who I adore. I go off human nature.

In 16 years of being a websleuther and many more researching true crime, I have never seen an innocent person (or at least one proven to be innocent) refuse to do whatever it takes to find their child or partner. At least not in those initial, horrible weeks. The only time I’ve seen innocent people put the brakes on is when they’re arrested. Like poor Kevin Fox, the father of Riley.

The agony of having someone you love missing, fearing the worst, bargaining with God to get them back, makes a person do anything they can to find them.

Just like people run into burning houses to rescue their loved ones, with no regard to their own safety.

Even when they’re being torn apart by LE, people that desperate don’t care. Their freedom, their constitutional rights, none of that matters to them at that moment.

I’m an attorney and I would immediately do ANY of that if my loved one was missing. Because nothing else would matter to me and I’d be desperate to help the investigation so they could be found.
If a loved one is missing under suspicious circumstances, and your instinct is to protect yourself over finding that missing loved one, then you’re doing it wrong.

I cannot fathom anyone being that selfish.

IMO

What’a interesting is that many criminals agree to do all of that. Except maybe the DNA. But guilty people often talk to LE and submit to polygraphs. I remember that my criminal law/federal rules of evidence professor, who was a federal public defender for decades, told us that he had a very hard time getting his repeated clients to shut up. He had them memorize a series of responses when given Miranda warnings. He said the warning was somewhat useless because people talk. A lot of people think they can talk their way out of something and some think that they’re smarter than the cops.

So while I look sideways when someone refuses to talk or do a polygraph, etc., when it’s their beloved who has gone missing, doing so doesn’t make me think they’re necessarily innocent. Look at Chris Watts.

The g*f page is updated today.
Here’s the text of the update:

TODAY
by Trevor Noel, Organizer

The extended Morphew Family would like to offer our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our efforts in finding Suzanne. Whether donating financially, hiking the mountains, hanging posters, canvassing, preparing and delivering food for volunteers and so much more-- please know that your thoughtfulness and compassion are so appreciated and that it has sustained the family throughout the difficulty of the search. The care and love that friends and family near and far have shown towards Suzanne's family during this incredibly tough time has been overwhelming and is deeply appreciated.
Suzanne is still missing and the search goes on. Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope for her safe return.
Mallory Morphew has been designated as the beneficiary of this campaign and will be tracking and distributing the funds directly towards:
-Expenses related to search efforts (fuel, equipment, gear, food, etc.)
-Supporting the well-being of Suzanne's family
-Food for family and volunteers
-Housing accommodations for family/search volunteers
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family
Again, your support is truly appreciated. Thank you!

TODAY

The extended Morphew Family would like to offer our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our efforts in finding Suzanne. Whether donating financially, hiking the mountains, hanging posters, canvassing, preparing and delivering food for volunteers and so much more-- please know that your thoughtfulness and compassion are so appreciated and that it has sustained the family throughout the difficulty of the search. The care and love that friends and family near and far have shown towards Suzanne's family during this incredibly tough time has been overwhelming and is deeply appreciated.
Suzanne is still missing and the search goes on. Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope for her safe return.
Mallory Morphew has been designated as the beneficiary of this campaign and will be tracking and distributing the funds directly towards:
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family
“Extended Morphew Family?” That just seems odd. Maybe if it said “Barry, Suzanne’s daughters, and extended family??” I don’t know. Maybe I am just reading too much between the lines. Or trying to. JMO

TODAY

Trying hard not to come across as snarky. Again, no mention of the husband. It's just strange. Moo

TODAY

Can you say please direct your inquiries to MM and stop contacting me. Wounded and bleeding in friendly fire. Just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine