Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’a interesting is that many criminals agree to do all of that. Except maybe the DNA. But guilty people often talk to LE and submit to polygraphs. I remember that my criminal law/federal rules of evidence professor, who was a federal public defender for decades, told us that he had a very hard time getting his repeated clients to shut up. He had them memorize a series of responses when given Miranda warnings. He said the warning was somewhat useless because people talk. A lot of people think they can talk their way out of something and some think that they’re smarter than the cops.

So while I look sideways when someone refuses to talk or do a polygraph, etc., when it’s their beloved who has gone missing, doing so doesn’t make me think they’re necessarily innocent. Look at Chris Watts.

Thank you for the explanation. I remember reading about the caretaker kid at the Tate residence. He was the only one not murdered by the Manson gang in 1969 at that residence, and he was initially a suspect because of that. He took & passed a polygraph right away.

Perhaps someone who refuses to cooperate with LE during an investigation will be looked at with more suspicion than someone who would. Watts seemed to break the mold as these things go, with behaviors that others wouldn't expect.

IMO

Here’s the text of the update:

TODAY
by Trevor Noel, Organizer

The extended Morphew Family would like to offer our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our efforts in finding Suzanne. Whether donating financially, hiking the mountains, hanging posters, canvassing, preparing and delivering food for volunteers and so much more-- please know that your thoughtfulness and compassion are so appreciated and that it has sustained the family throughout the difficulty of the search. The care and love that friends and family near and far have shown towards Suzanne's family during this incredibly tough time has been overwhelming and is deeply appreciated.
Suzanne is still missing and the search goes on. Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope for her safe return.
Mallory Morphew has been designated as the beneficiary of this campaign and will be tracking and distributing the funds directly towards:
-Expenses related to search efforts (fuel, equipment, gear, food, etc.)
-Supporting the well-being of Suzanne's family
-Food for family and volunteers
-Housing accommodations for family/search volunteers
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family
Again, your support is truly appreciated. Thank you!
Interesting....still no mention of BM by name.

and returned the following morning to take a polygraph that he failed miserably -- all the while promising that he wasn't lying!

He was the most cooperating murderer I've ever watched! He never contacted an attorney or asked for an attorney during questioning. (He eventually confessed to murdering and disposing of his entire family).

Yeah I suppose actually passing a polygraph would be vital, not just agreeing to or asking to take one. Watts was not the typical perp.

IMO

@TxGidget

<modsnip>
Which brings me back to this—- WHERE is Suzanne? WHO has her?, don’t think we need continue pondering why, or when, so much.
BMs honesty, tells us if he said Sunday, it should be fact.
Start from there.
Instead of questioning that, consider that it could provide evidence of stalking.
I’ve wondered abt the RV park? Confident it was in canvassing. It is interesting how it seems to join up, trail and utility right of way w the road near Ms.
Also, the house is visible from 50, barely, but w/ less trees leafed out, even more.
There is a straight line from RV park to Ms, but there is no way to account for elevation, etc. Google Earth doesn’t go off main roads for the street view, so it is not possible to tell whether binoculars or telescope would be able to view the home. We had incredible drone footage, from Gannon's case, which lead me to this, drones new surveillance tool for criminals?
IMO, LE has the ability to investigate all locals, etc. Random stranger, is harder.
I’m kinda counting on my random stranger status here, to give me a different perspective.
Doesn’t really mean you don’t have any doubts, but what if?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you say please direct your inquiries to MM and stop contacting me. Wounded and bleeding in friendly fire. Just sayin...
Ita.
As in, no kidding !

Ok, just have to get this off my back....I thought the daughters of BM were being protected and that is also why they haven't issued a formal statement or held a presser with LE ?

So why is TN basically throwing her name out there ?
It's like ditch and run ; or tossing Suzanne's daughter to the public ?
He might as well have published her phone #.

And is BM as the father of this daughter controlling what she does or says ?

The whole case is troubling and I doubt the $$ is going to equipment or searchers. BM has 100k to offer --why doesn't he offer money for the searchers ?
Imo.

1. The Raven
    “If....IF IF IF he’s not guilty....I think when this is all over it will be clear why BM has been so quiet”

If BM is innocent, it’s difficult to come up with a scenario to explain why He has been so quiet. The explanations I come up with seem pretty far-fetched.

Marriage was troubled and SM voluntarily disappeared?
    SM was kidnapped for ransom?
    SM was kidnapped for revenge?
    BM and SM were in this together, and planned her suicide / disappearance?

TODAY

The extended Morphew Family would like to offer our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our efforts in finding Suzanne. Whether donating financially, hiking the mountains, hanging posters, canvassing, preparing and delivering food for volunteers and so much more-- please know that your thoughtfulness and compassion are so appreciated and that it has sustained the family throughout the difficulty of the search. The care and love that friends and family near and far have shown towards Suzanne's family during this incredibly tough time has been overwhelming and is deeply appreciated.
Suzanne is still missing and the search goes on. Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope for her safe return.
Mallory Morphew has been designated as the beneficiary of this campaign and will be tracking and distributing the funds directly towards:
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family

I don’t fault TN for his efforts on behalf of his family. I think TN, who does marketing for a living, probably wanted to do much more, on a regular basis, but was not permitted to. I wonder if he finally convinced someone to allow him to put out a finely crafted update and thank all who are involved. He has probably been writing and editing for weeks. He took into account all of the things that would make people go hmmm, and wrote a heartfelt thank you and provided info about where the funds would be spent. He hit all the right notes. He would have been a great asset if the situation were different than what it apparently is.

I don’t fault TN for his efforts on behalf of his family. I think TN, who does marketing for a living, probably wanted to do much more, on a regular basis, but was not permitted to. I wonder if he finally convinced someone to allow him to put out a finely crafted update and thank all who are involved. He has probably been writing and editing for weeks. He took into account all of the things that would make people go hmmm, and wrote a heartfelt thank you and provided info about where the funds would be spent. He hit all the right notes. He would have been a great asset if the situation were different than what it apparently is.
Personally, I think he’s out of his depth. The whole purpose of having a family representative is for them to get in front of the cameras and generate publicity. From day one, he refused to do that (although he still generated publicity).

That video plea was a horrible decision, the Gimme fund was ill advised, and the silence has been deafening.

His skill set doesn’t seem to translate to a real world missing persons search effort. I do think he’s being pulled in different directions though (BM and LE exerting influence).

Personally, I think he’s out of his depth. The whole purpose of having a family representative is for them to get in front of the cameras and generate publicity. From day one, he refused to do that (although he still generated publicity).

That video plea was a horrible decision, the Gimme fund was ill advised, and the silence has been deafening.

His skill set doesn’t seem to translate to a real world missing persons search effort. I do think he’s being pulled in different directions though (BM and LE exerting influence).
I can't help but think of Jennifer's friend who was the spokesperson for GF - her eloquence in light of the declaration that she was deceased has stuck with me ...
JMO

IMO

I would think the psychological pressure to hold it together, if one is involved in causing a loved one to go missing, would have to be some kind of Hades on earth. Never knowing what LE has, who they've talked to, what they've found, waiting...waiting...knowing at any point one could be pulled over or hear a loud knock at the door and busted!

Months could go by, even years, and there's no assurance there won't be that feared moment coming true. Then life as they know it is over. Most of the time cases do get solved; not necessarily fast but eventually.

/IMO

I don’t think he knew what he was getting into. He went into thinking yeah! I can help! And then... things took a turn. First couple of days, he tried to get LE and the press to focus on what/who he thought might be the culprit, and then.... Next, he tried to get his relative to make a video plea-and then... Next, he tried to get some funds together (at whose behest?) so they could mount the best search, and then.... Next someone may have asked him to stop talking. And here we are.

Hey Everyone,

Checking in to see if there is one iota of a morsel of new information on Suzanne's case. Unless I am missing something there is nothing new right?

I do not get the silence. From Barry, the kids, LE, everybody. This case is going coooooold.

Thank you,
Tricia

TODAY

BBM:

In a word: Puke.

I have more words.

I'm barely containing them right now.

This is so, so wrong, on so many levels.

J.M.O.

Last edited:
I did not believe BM was responsible when SM first went missing. I have been surprised here enough times by how things have turned out. As time passed, between the odd plea, the disconnect between BM & LE, the jobsite search, the TD videos, TN stepping away as a family spokesperson, the complete silence of family, well I could go on and on. Too many arrows point in one direction.

I will only believe in one other alternate theory-and chances of this one are slim to none, but as I said, sometimes I am surprised. With the jobsite search, could it be a worker that knew SM? Knew BM would be out of town? Knew that the girls were away? I am not putting much stock in it, but I am trying to think outside the box and give a huge benefit of the doubt. Still going with BM, but...

My mind went to a coworker as well. But then, that dang "staged bicycle" and BM seems to have just had to be in Denver on MD. That and everything else associated with BM's behavior pushes him right to the front as the person responsible for SM's disappearance. MOO

Forgot to budget for his replacement, darn. His instinct was correct and he shouldn't have gotten involved. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson