Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely wasn't challenging you. What I may question is what charities were funded. There isn't a website that I could find. I also wonder if the Foundation is Sm's or in her name only.
I hope you can follow where I'm going.
IMO

Well, the Forms 990 show that apparently no charities were funded by the Foundation. A small amount of money went in, but no money came out of it.

Your second question is very interesting: Suzanne's the registered agent, but she's not one of the incorporators (see Articles of Incorporation, attached). The two incorporators are Kathryn Cook (an attorney from Frankfort, IN) and Barry.

Attachments

• 5130861_FilingHistoryDocuments (3).pdf
    137 KB · Views: 12
Not one person has stepped forward to say that they saw BLM at the construction site, ever. One neighbor that was briefly interviewed on May 22nd said he heard "them" making construction noises on Sunday May 10th. That interview has since been scrubbed from the internet.
I can't answer questions about SM's activities. Do we actually know that she cooked dinners and baked cakes? Many women don't IMO
To be fair---we do not know not one person has stepped forward to say that they saw BM at the construction site. We are not privy to LE information.

I’m confused by SM’s Foundation. Could she have been diagnosed with cancer, for the first time, in 2015? Perhaps she started the Foundation to donate to cancer research or to cancer survivors assistance? It’s a meager amount, no donations in the last couple of years and no distributions. Or maybe she planned to disburse after reaching a certain threshold like 10k? Head scratcher. JMO

Well, the stated purpose of the Foundation was to help children worldwide by "building housing and possibly campground facilities for children, and to plant orchards and other trees or plants to provide food for orphanages and other facilities globally." See the attached Articles of Incorporation.

Attachments

• 5130861_FilingHistoryDocuments (1).pdf
    137 KB · Views: 9
No search warrant is necessary for the search at the building site if the owner of that property consented.

And yet IMO there is no way LE would conduct such a search without a warrant. They’re tearing up someone’s property. At any time the property owner could withdraw consent. You think they’re going to bring all that equipment and personnel out there and risk everything being halted in a case like this?

And what if it was determined the property owner was involved? Do they want to risk him saying it was coerced?

No. IMO in a criminal case like this, they’re crossing their I’s and dotting their T’s. No way would policy allow a search that extensive without a warrant, IMO. Consent or no consent.

I’m confused by SM’s Foundation. Could she have been diagnosed with cancer, for the first time, in 2015? Perhaps she started the Foundation to donate to cancer research or to cancer survivors assistance? It’s a meager amount, no donations in the last couple of years and no distributions. Or maybe she planned to disburse after reaching a certain threshold like 10k? Head scratcher. JMO
I belong to a small 501c3. We keep all of our contributions to save towards a bigger goal, which we only recently achieved.

The pair could also be "quasi-living together," which my ex and I did for a couple of years before the ultimate disintegration of the marriage. That too will show up in phone records these days. Patterns of accessing and storing separate financial resources, the amount available to each, the people each person sees, all of that is known to LE by this time, I'd think.

Very astute observation. I never would've considered this possibility. Investigators could definitely subpoena their financial information and be able to see the flow of funds.

Lately, I’ve wondered about SM’s beautiful wedding ring set, and if it will be with her when she is found.

Would LE have notified pawn shops? Or visited pawn shops? Does LE send out to pawn shops a list of items that might show up in their store?

Because, you know, an abductor (cough) might be in need of cash.
I have a feeling that (cough) the mountain Lion was looking for bigger prey than the wedding ring.

Reportedly, BM offered a bike crash, mountain lion, and abduction to explain SM's disappearance on Mother's Day to Indiana church members in an email sent the very next morning, May 11.

It was several weeks later around June 1 that BM gave the same scenario to Youtuber TD. I think if you watch enough TV you know how important it is to be consistent with your story. In this case, BM came up with 3 options and is sticking to it. It also doesn't matter if it's impossible. MOO
I have been hearing about this email. Is there a copy of it somewhere?

That is good advice, for sure.

In Indiana, the"threshhold" of the home is an interesting question. A homeowner retains an expectation of privacy in his/her curtilage, which is "an area of land attached to a house and forming one enclosure with it." For example, a front porch attached to a home may very well be part of
the curtilage. However, a court may find that the porch is not included in the curtilage. This is why it's less risky to remain within the structure.

If they don’t have a warrant to search the person it doesn’t matter if they step out onto the porch or remain within the residence. Unless you’re considering what the cops could see from the porch through the open door. But then that has to do with whether they open the door at all, in the first place.

Why would Indiana have been involved? I'm aware they are from there.
Don't yet know the answer to this. The earlier speculation on the FBI being involved was because the land she went missing on was National Forest Land. Maysville looks to be on the very edge of NF Land.

I'll try to get some more clarification on this in the next few days.

Until then, good question. MOO

Lately, I’ve wondered about SM’s beautiful wedding ring set, and if it will be with her when she is found.

Would LE have notified pawn shops? Or visited pawn shops? Does LE send out to pawn shops a list of items that might show up in their store?

Because, you know, an abductor (cough) might be in need of cash.

That would be pretty dumb, but I guess you never know.

And yet IMO there is no way LE would conduct such a search without a warrant. They’re tearing up someone’s property. At any time the property owner could withdraw consent. You think they’re going to bring all that equipment and personnel out there and risk everything being halted in a case like this?

And what if it was determined the property owner was involved? Do they want to risk him saying it was coerced?

No. IMO in a criminal case like this, they’re crossing their I’s and dotting their T’s. No way would policy allow a search that extensive without a warrant, IMO. Consent or no consent.
ITA - They would not take unnecessary risk.

Don't yet know the answer to this. The earlier speculation on the FBI being involved was because the land she went missing on was National Forest Land. Maysville looks to be on the very edge of NF Land.

I'll try to get some more clarification on this in the next few days.

Until then, good question. MOO
Ok thanks. I was under the impression they were called in for their forensic capabilities.

I'm mentally see-sawing back and forth re: crime of passion vs. a premeditated/carefully planned murder, too.

The timing of her disappearance, i.e., her daughters being off on a camping trip, has me leaning premeditation.

Possible indicators of BM having an explosive temper, as evidenced by Gray Hughes' interview with JS on his YT channel, have me leaning crime of passion.

If it was a crime of passion, it's more likely that multiple mistakes were made by the perp.
In my mind, worst case scenario would be that there was a significant amount of planning done in advance.

If that's what we're looking at, then it's possible that someone took SM away from the home on the pretext of, say, going for a hike in a remote location, and then killed/concealed her at that spot.

Absent her body being discovered, LE is going to need a plethora of physical and/or digital evidence to reach the threshold of proof BARD.

I do not see an arrest being imminent in this case.

JMO.

Do you have a time on the video where JS talks about it? Those videos are an hour or two long!!

So...what is your impression of the state of the economy in Chaffee County right now? Are there people out of work? Are people having to compete for work, given the collapse of travel and tourism? Is it really true that some people are camping out due to homelessness (temporary or otherwise)? Would you personally feel safe (for example) going 5 miles off road on a hike - or bike ride? Have you heard about those boards with the nails in them that were found on mountain bike trails near Salida?

Sorry for all the questions, any impressions of this overall situation would be much appreciated.

I have a virtual job so I don't know much about the job market or unemployment, especially since Covid. There are a lot of nomadic/homeless people that pass through Colorado in the warm months. Homeless people don't scare me at all. Some choose to live that way- not a choice I would make, but I get it. Others have fallen on bad times and so many of us are just a few paychecks away from financial disaster, so I don't judge people for something like that.

I hike and bike a lot when I'm there in warmer months and I am more concerned about animals than I am about homeless people. I have not heard anything about boards with nails but I have not spent significant time there since the holidays due to covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia