Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Money is always a strong motive, but I don't see the connection. The Morphews appeared to be well off, and I haven't heard about any life insurance policy that Barry hopes to collect.

If, however, you mean that Barry was afraid that he'd lose money in a divorce, that's possible. However, we've seen no evidence that Suzanne was wanting to divorce Barry. Rumors have floated around but nothing solid.
I do think if LE believes it's BM and it's premeditated, this is a big hurdle to clear. They've been married a long time, so I think LE would have to find evidence that something had recently changed with them. Given the way they appeared to live (somewhat isolated/private lives), it might be a small circle of people who would know (it's not likely a neighbor is going to come forward with information about arguments they overheard in the home, IMO).

Do we know which day Barry was seen at the worksite over the weekend of Mothers Day?

This would be significant if true, since he stated he was in Denver on Sunday and made no mention of the other job site.

Also, do we know if it was the homeowner who saw him there or someone else? TIA
Yes, indeed! Who saw BM where and who saw SM and where in the days leading up to the “story”.

I’d like to know what BM has to say about what SM was doing on May 8th and 9th. Did she cycle those days too? Did she go shopping in Salida? Pick up ingredients for the dinner she had planned for MD? Bake a cake or dessert? Any receipts found in the home for those days linked to SM

Really, REALLY curious about all that.

Could it be an argument gone wrong...then concealing the remains, staging a story.
One can then be a victim also & continue to have the love of said 2 daughters.

MOO

Possibly. If so, then this may be a case of manslaughter but not murder. If investigators are going to accuse Barry Morphew of a planned murder, they'll have to produce evidence of premeditation. While motive isn't an element of the crime of murder, it's pretty difficult to get a jury to convict without having some form of reason behind a premeditated murder.

I am a pretty private person too with significantly less social media presence than SM but I would like to think if I went missing my immediate and extended family, few close friends and coworkers would scream to media and the public in general. It’s one thing to be private and another to be unacknowledged. I have been married a long time, share two kids with my husband and am also a teacher in a small town. The silence in this case is deafening and I’m not just referring to the husband. It’s uniquely strange. IMO
I 100% agree with you. I don't have a big social media presence either but I can tell you I know my family would not be silent. I forgot my phone in the car while I was pregnant and went shopping for like 2 hours. My brother and mother were across the world for vacation and I came back to 25 missed calls. They had called my husband and were on high alert. When i finally called them back my brother said "omg I thought someone took you and I was coming for your husband for not protecting you" ... My point is this is crazy and I can't understand the family's reaction at all. I think most people would have at least something to say to help find a loved one.

I'm mentally see-sawing back and forth re: crime of passion vs. a premeditated/planned murder, too.

The timing of her disappearance, i.e., her daughters being off on a camping trip, has me leaning premeditation.

Possible indicators of BM having an explosive temper, as evidenced by Gray Hughes' interview with JS on his YT channel, have me leaning crime of passion.

If it was a crime of passion, it's more likely that multiple mistakes were made by the perp.
In my mind, worst case scenario would be that there was a significant amount of planning done in advance.

If that's what we're looking at, then it's possible that someone took SM away from the home on the pretext of, say, going for a hike in a remote location, and then killed/concealed her at that spot.

Absent her body being discovered, LE is going to need a plethora of physical and/or digital evidence to reach the threshold of proof BARD.

I do not see an arrest being imminent in this case.

JMO.
As much as I hate it - the deal with KK delivered that guilt beyond a reasonable doubt for frazee - wonder if there is more going on here ?
JMO

Yes, indeed! Who saw BM where and who saw SM and where in the days leading up to the “story”.

I’d like to know what BM has to say about what SM was doing on May 8th and 9th. Did she cycle those days too? Did she go shopping in Salida? Pick up ingredients for the dinner she had planned for MD? Bake a cake or dessert? Any receipts found in the home for those days linked to SM

Not one person has stepped forward to say that they saw BLM at the construction site, ever. One neighbor that was briefly interviewed on May 22nd said he heard "them" making construction noises on Sunday May 10th. That interview has since been scrubbed from the internet.
I can't answer questions about SM's activities. Do we actually know that she cooked dinners and baked cakes? Many women don't IMO

What’s most strange about the video is Barry’s lack of concern for Suzanne. He never mentions being worried about her or being scared about the outcome. When you think about the scenario, it’s actually terrifying. The notion that a woman is alive and well in the world, and then poof she’s gone. JMO
Respectfully, I saw someone in deep distress, told to get certain details in, BM May never call her Suzanne, honey have been one of his endearments, he went off script there.
I’d like to think I’d react differently if my guy just disappeared, but that would depend on the circumstances.
I can and have been in front of our congregation. I prefer to be in the back pew. I have no basis for this, but I feel SM was the family spokesperson, and BM the camera man.
We have 2(?) controlling comments and we’ve viewed them negatively, we don’t know how that came out, it could have been an interviewers question, and answered NO by 10 other people.
SM May be such a quietly confident woman that she lets BM “control” her, because that is a traditional marriage.

Not one person has stepped forward to say that they saw BLM at the construction site, ever. One neighbor that was briefly interviewed on May 22nd said he heard "them" making construction noises on Sunday May 10th. That interview has since been scrubbed from the internet.
I can't answer questions about SM's activities. Do we actually know that she cooked dinners and baked cakes? Many women don't IMO
BBM: You got that wrong, buddy! I know plenty of women with kids who do not want them eating garbage commercial food with harmful ingredients. They make their own food from scratch. :)

If SM wasn’t planning to do any cooking or baking was she planning on take-out for MD dinner? I mean, if you’re having dinner with the kids, you have to serve something, right? Wouldn’t BM be aware of her plans or did he make her disappear before she could make any plans? After all, we don’t know that she actually disappeared on the date that’s been fed to us via BM. Sunday in Denver doesn’t amount to much of an alibi if she went missing Friday night. MOO

Respectfully, I saw someone in deep distress, told to get certain details in, BM May never call her Suzanne, honey have been one of his endearments, he went off script there.
I’d like to think I’d react differently if my guy just disappeared, but that would depend on the circumstances.
I can and have been in front of our congregation. I prefer to be in the back pew. I have no basis for this, but I feel SM was the family spokesperson, and BM the camera man.
We have 2(?) controlling comments and we’ve viewed them negatively, we don’t know how that came out, it could have been an interviewers question, and answered NO by 10 other people.
SM May be such a quietly confident woman that she lets BM “control” her, because that is a traditional marriage.
My apologies for lack of clarity. I was referring to the TD video.

Yes, I would think or at least hope that LE was able to determine the last time SM was seen or heard from by someone other than her husband.

She may have spoken to someone over the phone that morning or the day before. If she went to the store that would be easy to follow up on as well. They may have found evidence in the house of her activities up until the time she was reported missing.

We just don't know since LE has said very little. Imo

It might be a fruitful discussion to pretend for the moment BM is innocent, and ask these 2 questions about possible scenarios:

1. What would the behavior of LE be?
2. What would the behavior of BM be?

Scenario: Accident or animal attack.

Scenario: Random abduction.

Scenario: Planned. Jealousy, revenge, someone close to BM, SM or both.

BBM: You got that wrong, buddy! I know plenty of women with kids who do not want them eating garbage commercial food with harmful ingredients. They make their own food from scratch. :)
Respectfully, I once cooked meals and cakes for my youngsters, once they became teenagers, forget about that. We have evolved and tho we now have a gourmet kitchen, we cook less and less.
Eating out has become our way of socializing, such that we are w/ friends one night, family another, and cooking for two is not even necessary some weeks.
IMO we may have assumed so many things, that aren’t true. Personally, I’ve identified w/ both SM and BM. I will be heartbroken if that is false, and once more my faith in humanity severely damaged. I am still going to be heartbroken, either way, because as each day passes the likelihood of SM returning safely diminished.

Thx Dave, it was that scrubbed video that I remembered and have been trying to find. Now I can stop looking for it.

My apologies for lack of clarity. I was referring to the TD video.
Thanks!
IMO, Any distancing there was an attempt to deal w/ a horrible reality, or simply not wanting to discuss SM w/ total stranger.
I just had a thought, perhaps BM actually reminds me of MY father, deceased since 1982. Nobody in town would even for one second think him guilty! He would be absolutely horrible in front of a camera, yet I absolutely know he adored my mother.
He wouldn’t know how to make himself look less guilty...recently found a px of my mother, “all my love ...”

Thanks!
IMO, Any distancing there was an attempt to deal w/ a horrible reality, or simply not wanting to discuss SM w/ total stranger.
I just had a thought, perhaps BM actually reminds me of MY father, deceased since 1982. Nobody in town would even for one second think him guilty! He would be absolutely horrible in front of a camera, yet I absolutely know he adored my mother.
He wouldn’t know how to make himself look less guilty...recently found a px of my mother, “all my love ...”
My question is, how hard is it to show concern for a loved one?

Even after all excuses made, it’s really not that hard. JMO

My guess is that LE found an item on the first night of the search which (per Dad with a phone transcript) they would not share with BM what they found. Very unusual for LE to not cooperate with family on first evening of search. This suggests they have incriminating evidence against him. I am also trying to figure out why he is so annoyed that LE mishandled the bike. And then he tries to embellish and sell his cat theory to Dad with a phone and his abduction theory. He as a big game hunter knows that the cat theory with zero evidence is complete nonsense).
I think you mean TD here instead of DWAP ( it's all so confusing) :)

I do think if LE believes it's BM and it's premeditated, this is a big hurdle to clear. They've been married a long time, so I think LE would have to find evidence that something had recently changed with them. Given the way they appeared to live (somewhat isolated/private lives), it might be a small circle of people who would know (it's not likely a neighbor is going to come forward with information about arguments they overheard in the home, IMO).
The two young people who knew them best and lived with them, likely hold the key.

IMO, I’m having a hard time believing that no one loves, cares or or is insanely concerned about SM right now, with the exception of strangers on the internet.

I believe she was murdered by someone known to her. I’m not putting all my eggs in one basket of a guilty husband just yet. I might eat crow one day with that last statement and that’s okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02