Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part two Truecolors, accidently split the answer in two posts. The red box is near where the bike was, yes and the red box is on the river I believe. The number 225 in the picture is sitting on the bridge and you can see the water flowing through the red box .... does that make sense?

Last edited:
BBM - I cannot get "got in the river" out of my mind. Do you think BM is accidentally telling us where she is? That would be a logical scenario to explain since BM has been pushing the whole "crashed bike" scenario. Also, the e-mail to the church that states "they can't find her." I think the language is very telling. IMO, he knows her body is hidden or will at some point be discovered. It's just a matter of time. All JMO

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]
What, if Suzanne is hidden near her old church in IN? Never would anyone search for her there.
(I dreamt, Suzanne was lured to a church/monastery - what ever that meant. ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. More likely that she chose that college because they were moving to the area.
Wondering if BM had been on a hunting trip to the Gunnison area in the past, liked the area and found the college for her or the family touristed in the vicinity and oldest daughter chose the college and parents followed for the “living the dream in CO” illusion?

I respectfully disagree. There are many aspects of POI's that mimic each other, whether there's a body or not.
The FBI knows this and profiles everyone. So does all LE, if they're worth their salt.
FBI profiling is used to collect information about the personality of an unknown suspect.

The first step is to gather all case information, including photographs of the crime scene, positioning of the victim, etc. They assess the crime scene to look for signs of a sexual offender, an organized killer or a disorganized killer, and compare it to other victims they may have.

They then use this information to develop a profile to get an idea of the kind of suspect they are looking for.

The disorganized/ organized classification is the centerpiece of FBI profiling. The idea of classifying serial homicide crime scenes is credited to Roy Hazelwood.

So again, if LE suspects intimate partner homicide yet they do not have a body or other victims to compare the crime to, why the need for an FBI profile? All they need to do is investigate a known suspect and they can gather information that way. Once they have a body and can find out more details of how the crime was carried out, they can then establish whether he is an organized or disorganized killer.

But at that point it won't really matter if they have enough evidence to connect him to the crime, because they won't be looking for another suspect.

Imo

Hard to say why a family with roots in one area
and an established business would pull up stakes and relocate to a far state.
Only the parties involved would know the real
reason.
Was it because "he" was bored w/ his life in Indiana?
Was his business not doing well?
Was he running 'away' from something?
Did he want to start over 'fresh' some place new?
If they'd vacationed in Co. or he'd hunted there, that could be a draw.
Seems the decision to move was his decision,
so you'd have to ask him for the reason.
I don't remember the source but at some point it was mentioned that they may have moved to Colorado because their daughter attended college there. Suzanne may have been very close to her daughters. A relative also stated she was anticipating the move because her nephew lived in the area.

I haven't seen anything to suggest it was his decision to move. Suzanne loved mountain biking and hiking and it seems Colorado would be a beautiful place to spend time outdoors.

It may have been a mutual decision.

I keep trying to orient myself with these photos.

Are you saying that the tree with the ribbon (the location the bike was found?) was above the 225, on the side of the yellow box? (Box to indicate side of the road, not position of the bike)

I ask because in the video where he points to the bike location, BM also gestured toward the RV Park. I thought he was pointing in the direction of the red box.

Also, I don’t think that road to the left leads to the M’s. It leads to a neighbor. The M driveway begins way around the bend at the end of Puma Path.

My understanding could be wrong. Struggling with this.

MOO

TD's videos are very confused because he is seemingly very confused. In the first part of his interview video, I do see what appears to two roads on the right. The first one, at the base of the steep hill exiting Hwy 50 is what you have marked with a yellow box. That is the trail head of the Colorado Trail. The second road on the right, which is seen in the distance, is the long driveway to a residence at 8500 County Road 225. Tyson mentions that he thinks he is at Fooses Creek, the camera pans left and there is no creek. He was approaching the bridge over Fooses Creek. While at the bridge, he shows a damaged reflective sign and points ot that it is bent over. He says something about showing that before, but that what he showed before was the bridge over the S. Arkansas River, with a reflector sign that was dented and scratched, but the post was not bent. Then TD shows the right side of the bridge, and says it's obvious LE was digging there. I don't see the evidence, myself. It looks to me like the creek bank has slightly caved in due to the eddy action at the bridge base during high water. Then TD gets passed bv the dark gray truck. He wanders farther down CR 225. On TD's left, as he walks, a road that appears first is a private driveway to 8507 County Road 225, and undeveloped lot. TD is about half from the last road/driveway on his right to the "Y" when BLM stops him. When BLM starts walking, he walks exactly 30 paces (90 feet) around the righrt curve of the "Y" and stops to point at where the bike was found. Then BLM walks 5 more paces (15 feet), and tells TD that this is the place where he and his own team of searchers believe she was abducted. That's how I see it today. IMO

Last edited:
Part two Truecolors, accidently split the answer in two posts. The red box is near where the bike was, yes and the red box is on the river I believe. The number 225 in the picture is sitting on the bridge and you can see the water flowing through the red box .... does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense that the bike was found on the side with the red box. I was confused when I read your post and I needed color coded visuals orient myself :D

That water is the river BM gestured toward.

Yes. Lots of stress. I still struggle to understand why they even moved to Colorado. Hey, I know it's a beautiful place -- I used to live in Denver -- but with all the stress they already had, why did they add to it?
reason.
I don't remember the source but at some point it was mentioned that they may have moved to Colorado because their daughter attended college there. Suzanne may have been very close to her daughters. A relative also stated she was anticipating the move because her nephew lived in the area.

I haven't seen anything to suggest it was his decision to move. Suzanne loved mountain biking and hiking and it seems Colorado would be a beautiful place to spend time outdoors.

It may have been a mutual decision.

Someone posted earlier that SM had "angst"
about the move. This was reportedly from one of her Indiana friends.
And seeing that so many believe that BM was
a controlling husband and SM was a submissive partner, it's easy to believe that it
was primarily his decision.
I'm still guessing this was a factor in her demise- that she was threatening to move back to Indiana and MOO was he was not a truly
faithful husband.
I suspect she put up with a lot of BS while married to him. A lot more than the public saw.
moo

I hope this is not too far off topic but I thought I would share this. My family moved from the US to the UK over five years ago. There were many reason for this, but the most basic one was that my husband is a Brit and we wanted a major change. We also lived in Indiana at the time, coincidentally, where none of us were particularly happy. Our attitude was that you only get one go round in life, why not take a chance and make a change?

So, I don't find it all that odd that they upped sticks and moved across the country. If their daughter was going to uni there and they liked the area, and could afford it, why not? It's so easy to stay in touch these days. It's not like the olden times when a family set out in their covered wagon and you might not ever hear from then again.

MOO

Yes, it makes sense that the bike was found on the side with the red box. I was confused when I read your post and I needed color coded visuals orient myself :D

That water is the river BM gestured toward.
Do we know how far away the house is from that location? I had the impression it was not far, so she was either just starting out or just returning from her ride, if she did go on a bike ride.

Very early on a local said they thought there were trails that could be accessed through the property, or that someone might have access to the property other than the driveway, or something like that. I'm not sure if it's true or if a map would show that, though.

Colorado residency for Colorado in-state tuition makes sense to me.

So does living near those you love, ESPECIALLY after two bouts of cancer. If they move, you move.

Angst makes sense to me. Moving amidst illness, moving away from medical care to unknowns, moving away from family and friends all sound like angst to me, mollified by having at least one relative already in the area.

That being said, her reasons for/willingness to move to Colorado may have been very different than his.

JMO

reason.

Someone posted earlier that SM had "angst"
about the move. This was reportedly from one of her Indiana friends.
And seeing that so many believe that BM was
a controlling husband and SM was a submissive partner, it's easy to believe that it
was primarily his decision.
I'm still guessing this was a factor in her demise- that she was threatening to move back to Indiana and MOO was he was not a truly
faithful husband.
I suspect she put up with a lot of BS while married to him. A lot more than the public saw.
moo
Yes, I saw that someone said she had some angst over the move, but that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't want to move.

Moving can be very stressful. In fact I've had more than "angst" whenever I've had to pack up and prepare to move from one place to the next. I don't truly relax until I'm unpacked and most of the work is done. In some cases moving can be a refreshing change and for all we know Suzanne may have welcomed it.

But I can also see why both would find Colorado a great place to live.

We don't know what their marriage was like, but from what little we have heard they seemed to be happy.

I'm sure that there was a lot more to their marriage than the people around them saw. That's usually the case with every marriage. But we know even less.

We don't know for a fact that Suzanne was submissive, but some women are and many men are controlling.

It might be a clue as to what their marriage was like, but it doesn't mean that she didn't want to move or that he was unfaithful or that she was not happy.

Imo

So does living near those you love, ESPECIALLY after two bouts of cancer. If they move, you move.

Angst makes sense to me. Moving amidst illness, moving away from medical care to unknowns, moving away from family and friends all sound like angst to me, mollified by having at least one relative already in the area.

That being said, her reasons for/willingness to move to Colorado may have been very different than his.

JMO
Anyone know the rules for CO in state tuition? How many years of residency before you qualify? I researched Indiana some years ago and it was more than one year for that state
IMO

The silence is very weird...The only case I can compare is Amy Harding Permann last winter. Not a single family member or a friend uttered a word about Amy, no BOLO, no public appeals or searches or vigils at all. Not a single interview. Lots of people suspected BF.
We found out later that LE and I would assume a family knew exactly where she was from the get go...But the case remained the missing person case till she was found in the river...

JMO

I did look at the in-state vs. out-of-state tuition for that particular college. Not earth shattering. Some are ridiculously different.
Perhaps the family vacationed there, or hunted there. Maybe there was a business opportunity, or tax opportunity. Maybe that was where they hoped to retire to, and the girls were amenable to the change. In many cases, high school kids do not want to leave before graduating. However, maybe there was something/someone in Colorado who made it more desirable and an easier sell.

What, if Suzanne is hidden near her old church in IN? Never would anyone search for her there.
(I dreamt, Suzanne was lured to a church/monastery - what ever that meant. ;) )
None of us dreamt that sweet Gannon would be found in Florida. Many sleuthers and LE believed he was hidden somewhere in Colorado. Will Suzanne also be found far, far away from Colorado? I wondered about this last night while pulling weeds in the garden.
Gannon's poor family at least have his body.
I hope that soon Suzanne's family will be allowed to know where she is.
This case haunts me.
MOO

Do we know how far away the house is from that location? I had the impression it was not far, so she was either just starting out or just returning from her ride, if she did go on a bike ride.

Very early on a local said they thought there were trails that could be accessed through the property, or that someone might have access to the property other than the driveway, or something like that. I'm not sure if it's true or if a map would show that, though.
The spot where the bike was found that BLM showed TD, is about 1630 feet riding or walking distance from SM's house. It is a very short distance, but that spot is not visible from the house, or vice-versa. There are faint trails, connecting nearly every feature, that are visible on Google Earth. One has to toggle and rotate a lot to follow them, but the trails are there. If a stalker was lurking in the woods, I think the odds of someone in the house spotting the stalker are great. I think that whoever took her was acquainted enough to have a good idea when she would cross through the "Y" of Hwy 225. (or the alternate theory could certainly be that the bike was planted there to make it look that way).
Mollie Tibbetts was spotted on her run by a random attacker, and followed to a broad "Y" intersection where she was taken. In plain sight, if anyone happened to have been looking or if any of the home security cameras captured the exact spot. I don't believe any did, but I think LE has camera video that shows she approached the intersection with the black car following her, and the black car exited the intersection but she did not. As always, just my opinion. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298