Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO

The reason LE disclosed their search back at the property is because of the search warrant. Media would find out anyway, especially when the search warrant gets filed back at the court after they complete it, along with any visual indication of LE vehicles at or near the house. However, just like before I expect they'll have this and subsequent s.w.'s sealed by a judge.

Can someone tell me what happens when they go back to a home that was previously searched? In other words, if people have been back living in the home since the last search, any potential evidence could be long gone, right? I've never understood the thinking that evidence could still be in a home where people live.

Curious, what is it you think lead state, local and federal investigators back to the Morphew house?
Perhaps evidence they found during the first search that they've now had time to process? The gap in searches seems consistent with lab results coming back or something similar.

This now seems to be proceeding along a similar path to the Stauch investigation. They returned to the house multiple times in that case. It seems quite possible that they also think the house is the original crime scene in this case.

Can someone tell me what happens when they go back to a home that was previously searched? In other words, if people have been back living in the home since the last search, any potential evidence could be long gone, right? I've never understood the thinking that evidence could still be in a home where people live.
The evidence might be outside of the house is my guess

Nailed it. He backed away so suddenly and swiftly. One moment he was demanding answers, the next a ghost. Something very significant and unexpected was revealed IMO.
Yup. Not a peep or update since BM's video plea uploaded to the official missing FB page on May 17. (Excluding TN update to the GET fund a couple of weeks ago).

What happens? Depends on what investigators are looking for. Fortunately, forensic evidence can remain for a very long time! Also, If BM didn't get rid of something inside the house before he allegedly headed to Denver, what chance does he have after his house released to him and LE likely surveilling his every move. MOO

The evidence might be outside of the house is my guess
Well, the articles do indicate "Morphew property" as opposed to house or residence, so you may be correct.
I noticed the "property" and immediately thought of that idyllic woodsy little spot by the river BM was sitting at in his Oh Suzanne FB video.
I'm just speculating that's on their property.

What happens? Depends on what investigators are looking for. Fortunately, forensic evidence can remain for a very long time! Also, If BM didn't get rid of something inside the house before he allegedly headed to Denver, what chance does he have after his house released to him and LE likely surveilling his every move. MOO
Makes sense. I just worry about the passage of time since last search and evidence gets tossed or destroyed from a potential crime scene.

If the person thinks they are safe because the residence has already been searched, maybe he thinks it is safe to bring something home since they are finished. If it's a surprise, no telling what they may find.

Maybe they found some other bit of information later in their investigation which made something in the home come back to haunt their memories?

Hope they can find answers to this beautiful woman's disappearance. I always have tried to give the spouse leeway and I err on the side of believing their story, but then later I find out I was pretty gullible. I'm just not sure on this case. MOO

Not sure about anyone else, but I don't know whether any of the Morphew family have lived in the home since Suzanne's disappearance.

<modsnip>

To stay on-topic... I hope someone isn't a flight risk.

I'm also uneasy if the the three of them are together right now as desperate people do desperate things.

It seems like this case just received the break it needed....
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps evidence they found during the first search that they've now had time to process? The gap in searches seems consistent with lab results coming back or something similar.

This now seems to be proceeding along a similar path to the Stauch investigation. They returned to the house multiple times in that case. It seems quite possible that they also think the house is the original crime scene in this case.

I think it's also possible that LE received a tip or even a witness came forward -- both needed time to investigate, corroborate, and leading them back to the residence-- under probable cause. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi