Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little shocked that the FBI is letting us know that they are engaged in an “operation activity”. I had thought we would hear nothing from them about the case until an arrest was made.

Seems to me that we heard this from the Sheriff, and the FBI confirmed it.
Reporter most likely contacted FBI to inquire about defining "operation activity." I don't think FBI obliged and reporter sought the opinion of an unrelated private investigator.

JMO

The only "new" info as that they've come back to search the Morphew property, and no one, has been ruled out as a suspect (first time they're using that language):

"Two months after the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, local, state, and federal investigators searched the Morphew property west of Salida once again. On Thursday, investigators say they can’t rule anyone out as a suspect."
So are the residents (BM and daughters) staying at a hotel or a friend's for the time being ?
I feel so badly for those girls. :(
MOO

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

In the last two months, investigators working the #suzannemorphew #missingperson case have followed up on more than 600 tips. Suzanne is still missing and no arrests have been made, according to Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. #FindSuzanne TIPLINE: (719)312-7530
2:08 PM · Jul 9, 2020

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis and until we determine what happened to #suzannemorphew we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.” -Chaffee County Sheriff
2:05 PM · Jul 9, 2020·

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office confirms that local, state, and federal investigators have returned to search the Morphew in Maysville, west of Salida today. I will have more information tonight on
@FOX21News
#FindSuzanne #suzannemorphew

2:29 PM · Jul 9, 2020

I wonder if they would be willing to finally admit that this is indeed a homicide investigation? Certainly sounds like it to me!

So are the residents (BM and daughters) staying at a hotel or a friend's for the time being ?
MOO
I feel badly for the girls too.
Mom is missing, lives interrupted again by another search of the house, the stress level must be overwhelming.
The first time the house was searched the MSM said BM was staying with a family friend (paraphrasing) but I don't recall ever hearing where the girls were staying.
I just hope it's somewhere they are surrounded by a lot of love.

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Home Again, Say No One Has Been Ruled Out As Suspect

July 9, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) — Two months after the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, local, state, and federal investigators searched the Morphew property west of Salida once again. On Thursday, investigators said they can’t rule anyone out as a suspect.

[..]

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

[..]

In May, the sheriff’s office, the FBI and CBI conducted a three-day search at a residential construction site east of Salida. The property owner told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband, Barry, laid the dirt at the riverfront property. Officials with the sheriff’s office said they did not make any connection to Suzanne’s case.

Family members say Barry Morphew was out of town, in Denver, when his wife disappeared. On May 17, he released a video pleading for his wife’s safe return.

[..]

Investigators say more than 600 tips have been called into a designated tip line, and many searches have been performed throughout the county. The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office is being assisted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the investigation.

MOO

I feel for the girls too. Can you imagine if there is enough evidence to arrest their father. Heartbreaking for them to realize he isn’t what they thought he was at all.

In missing person cases, the FBI quite often will go back to repeat the original search, using entirely federal resources. Just six months ago in Montana the FBI did one of these "do overs" after three weeks of intensive multi-force searches. The bureau quickly located Selena Not Afraid in an open area that had been searched multiple times by very competent searchers. IMO

I can't find an answer either way. Arrest warrants don't expire. I'm going to assume that they do not need to be renewed, however, if they do, that may be a great sign for the prosecution.
IANAL but I thought they needed to spell out what exactly they were searching for, so I would imagine this would require a new search warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee