Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“‘This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis and until we determine what happened to #suzannemorphew we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.’ -Chaffee County Sheriff“
3:05 PM · Jul 9, 2020·
(local/MDT)
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1281333760508727296?s=21

So that would mean that LE has in fact NOT cleared BM. So BM telling TD that he had been cleared is not true.

ALERT -- Lauren's tweet 12 minutes ago!!

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

The FBI has confirmed that they are doing a “operation activity” today in Maysville in regards to the #MissingPerson case of #suzannemorphew I am also putting an article together today about the case thus far. It will be on
@FOX21News
#FindSuzanne

1:50 PM · Jul 9, 2020

To those more familiar with Law Enforcement terminology than I, what does "operation activity" mean?
I was just wondering the same thing! I googled “operation activity in law enforcement” and it said it encompasses anything from investigating a crime scene to locating a perpetrator. It didn’t say arrests but let us pray!!!

In the last two months, investigators working the #suzannemorphew #missingperson case have followed up on more than 600 tips. Suzanne is still missing and no arrests have been made, according to Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. #FindSuzanne TIPLINE: (719)312-7530
2:08 PM · Jul 9, 2020

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis and until we determine what happened to #suzannemorphew we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.” -Chaffee County Sheriff
2:05 PM · Jul 9, 2020·

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office confirms that local, state, and federal investigators have returned to search the Morphew in Maysville, west of Salida today. I will have more information tonight on
@FOX21News
#FindSuzanne #suzannemorphew

2:29 PM · Jul 9, 2020

Last edited:
Last edited:

In the last two months, investigators working the #suzannemorphew #missingperson case have followed up on more than 600 tips. Suzanne is still missing and no arrests have been made, according to Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. #FindSuzanne TIPLINE: (719)312-7530
2:08 PM · Jul 9, 2020

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis and until we determine what happened to #suzannemorphew we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.” -Chaffee County Sheriff
2:05 PM · Jul 9, 2020·
BBM
Thank you Seattle1!!

Can someone please post snippets of this article, please?
The news site won't download properly on my iPad, and I can't read any of it.
Seems they searched the home again....
Thank you!

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Home Again, Say No One Has Been Ruled Out As Suspect
Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Home Again, Say No One Has Been Ruled Out As Suspect
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) — Two months after the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, local, state, and federal investigators searched the Morphew property west of Salida once again. On Thursday, investigators say they can’t rule anyone out as a suspect.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

Morphew, who was reported missing on Mother’s Day, May 10, after leaving her home in Mayesville to go for a bike ride.

In May, the sheriff’s office, the FBI and CBI conducted a three-day search at a residential construction site east of Salida. The property owner told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband, Barry, laid the dirt at the riverfront property. Officials with the sheriff’s office said they did not make any connection to Suzanne’s case.

Family members say Barry Morphew was out of town, in Denver, when his wife disappeared.

Investigators say more than 600 tips have been called into a designated tip line, and many searches have been performed throughout the county. The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

Can someone please post snippets of this article, please?
The news site won't download properly on my iPad, and I can't read any of it.
Seems they searched the home again....
Thank you!

The only "new" info as that they've come back to search the Morphew property, and no one, has been ruled out as a suspect (first time they're using that language):

"Two months after the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, local, state, and federal investigators searched the Morphew property west of Salida once again. On Thursday, investigators say they can’t rule anyone out as a suspect."

“Chaffee County Sheriff's Office confirms that local, state, and federal investigators have returned to search the Morphew in Maysville, west of Salida today. I will have more information tonight on @FOX21News #FindSuzanne #suzannemorphew” (BBM)
3:29 PM · Jul 9, 2020 (local/MDT)
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1281339822821511176?s=21
Maybe lab results on something taken from the house needs further examination. This should be interesting.

Why oh why are they releasing this info? Clearly part of a strategy.

If they wanted to release a pubic update they could have left it at ‘ We are still working aggressively on this case’, and the public would have been pleased.

“MISSING MOM: Local, state, and federal investigators searched Suzanne Morphew's property again on Thursday.

Investigators say no one has been ruled out as a suspect in her disappearance.

cbsloc.al/300iKVk” (BBM)

5:31 PM · Jul 9, 2020 (local/MDT)
https://twitter.com/anicapadilla/status/1281340329120194561?s=21

ETA: My gut tells me this is a good thing ....

Thanks for the updates, everyone !

So, back to the home again.
And not many miles out to a remote wilderness cabin or somewhere else.
Hmmm.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads