Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens? Depends on what investigators are looking for. Fortunately, forensic evidence can remain for a very long time! Also, If BM didn't get rid of something inside the house before he allegedly headed to Denver, what chance does he have after his house released to him and LE likely surveilling his every move. MOO
Do you think LE has been looking through Barry’s trash since Suzanne’s disappearance?

Try to message or contact him ?

To stay on-topic... I hope someone isn't a flight risk.

I'm also uneasy if the the three of them are together right now as desperate people do desperate things.

It seems like this case just received the break it needed....
MOO
Sure sounds like a new development. They may even have interrogated someone who gave up information or got a new reliable tip. Of course, I'm being optimistic.
Anything's possible.

Colorado Statute provides for the 15 days to search under the warrant.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 16 - :: Criminal Proceedings :: Code of Criminal Procedure :: Article 3 - :: Arrest - Searches and Seizures :: Part 3 - :: Searches and Seizures :: § 16-3-305. Search warrants - direction - execution and return

(6) A search warrant shall be executed within fourteen days after its date.

ETA: I don't know if the Federal statute for a search warrant is same...
Sorry so many questions.. so do they need probable cause again?
I don't know if any contributor has asked for a refund but a member did make an inquiry about the promised accounting and did not get a response.
I contributed..I'll ask when we know what happened.

Not sure about anyone else, but I don't know whether any of the Morphew family have lived in the home since Suzanne's disappearance.

May 26, 2020

Authorities in Colorado have reportedly released Suzanne Morphew’s Maysville home back to her family members, after obtaining a search warrant for the home earlier in the investigation.

[..]

On Tuesday, KDVR reporter Gregory Nieto said in a Twitter post that a family friend said the Morphew residence had been released back to the family.

[..]

Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram said on Tuesday he had been told by a member of the community who had been bringing Barry Morphew food and supplies at a temporary location, believed to the home of a friend, that the house had been released back to the family. The fire chief was not sure if Barry Morphew had yet returned to the home. Bertram also said he does not know where Suzanne and Barry’s two daughters are staying at this time.

BREAKING: Colorado police release missing Suzanne Morphew’s home back to her family, sources say

Interesting development. I’m guessing they got a new search warrant based on new evidence and wonder if they are doing any digging there.

I am wondering that too. Is it a house search or is it searching the grounds? If Suzanne is dead maybe the body or remains were moved around like poor little Gannon was. Perhaps BM didn’t ever suspect that they were coming back to search again.

Makes sense. I just worry about the passage of time since last search and evidence gets tossed or destroyed from a potential crime scene.
LE held the house for quite some time with this case (house not released until May 28) so I feel good about that!

ETA: held until May 26. Thanks @*Verdigris

Last edited:
Those words from LE ; "aggressively pursuing...".
They want us to know they will not let Suzanne be forgotten and will seek justice if needed !
And that there's compelling evidence or clues to what happened to her.
Imo.

This is ss of the aerial footage taken at M’s property. Does that look like new cement by the door? If it is, did someone misdirect LE to the construction site?? Did someone KNOW she was under cement and assumed it was where he’d been working?
upload_2020-7-9_20-13-47.jpeg

I would agree with you here, Warwick. BM does not seem to be a deep thinker or a very introspective person; he seems to have always relied on the 'big tough guy' persona and a large, muscular physique. When he talks, everyone is supposed to jump. So, when he must talk about such things as his missing wife, his subconscious, not his intellect, affects what comes out of his mouth. JMO, of course.
How do you draw a conclusion like that from a 26 second video, isn't that all we have? I have no idea what to think but you seem very certain about what kind of person he is. Do you know him personally?

This is ss of the aerial footage taken at M’s property. Does that look like new cement by the door? If it is, did someone misdirect LE to the construction site?? Did someone KNOW she was under cement and assumed it was where he’d been working?
View attachment 255054
Could be. Do you know when this view was taken? There was another case where they put in a cement patio sometime after the disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier